Windows 10: Scanning a photo picture or document (.jpg, .png, .gif, .tiff) with the MFC-J-680DW

Discus and support Scanning a photo picture or document (.jpg, .png, .gif, .tiff) with the MFC-J-680DW in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there any way to scan a pdf document and convert it into any of the following file types: jpg, png, gif, tiff? The Brother MFC-J-680DW scans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by peterdooling, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Scanning a photo picture or document (.jpg, .png, .gif, .tiff) with the MFC-J-680DW

Is there any way to scan a pdf document and convert it into any of the following file types: jpg, png, gif, tiff? The Brother MFC-J-680DW scans everything into the PDF type of file. That is, after scanning a document or picture, is there an application capable of converting the scanned file and saving it as a jpg, png, gif, or a tiff type file?

:)

peterdooling, Jul 16, 2018
  2. John Zab Win User

Windows Fax & Scan

Hi Annie,

To help you regarding with the .tiff file issue, we suggest that you open the file using Microsoft Photo Viewer. Then save it as a different file format (i.e .jpg.)

If you'd like to open the file using Microsoft Word, follow these steps:

• Open a blank document.
    • Click Insert, then select Pictures.
    • Locate and attach the .tiff file and click Insert.
    Let us know how it goes.

John Zab, Jul 16, 2018
  3. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Scanning a photo picture or document (.jpg, .png, .gif, .tiff) with the MFC-J-680DW

Windows 10 Scan How do I scan a document to a TIFF file in color?

I need to scan a document to a TIFF file in color. I don't know how to change from the default black & white to a color scan.

ChristinePearsonYP, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Scanning a photo picture or document (.jpg, .png, .gif, .tiff) with the MFC-J-680DW

1. Scanning a photo picture or document (.jpg, .png, .gif, .tiff) with the MFC-J-680DW - Similar Threads - Scanning photo picture

2. why wont photos read .jpg? not showing pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why wont photos read .jpg? not showing pictures: using win11 - when I put photos in the photos app, when going back to open them, here's what I get: "looks like we dont support this format"......the pic is a .jpg, so how do I get it to read or change, these pics are priceless!...
  3. Win 10 App "Photos" bug: cannot convert .png to .gif

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 App "Photos" bug: cannot convert .png to .gif: I clearly remember that, I used to use the "Photos" App to convert .png to .gif by "Save as". However, in the latest version of it, I cannot do so. Is this just a bug, or is it designed to be so on purpose?...
  4. Win 10 App "Photos" bug: cannot convert .png to .gif

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 App "Photos" bug: cannot convert .png to .gif: I clearly remember that, I used to use the "Photos" App to convert .png to .gif by "Save as". However, in the latest version of it, I cannot do so. Is this just a bug, or is it designed to be so on purpose?...
  5. Scanning (pictures / document) problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning (pictures / document) problem: Hello,Scanning problem, please help.I always used to make the scanning with "PaintShop Pro", the scanned picture / document was sent to the program to make whatever corrections or editing and save as .jpg file.Recently I tried to scan some documents, opened "PaintShop Pro",...
  6. Scanned document put in photos and prints as a photo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scanned document put in photos and prints as a photo: i have an Epson scan every time I scan a document it goes straight to photos & when I want to print the document it takes forever how do I change so the document goes straight to my documents folder & doesn't take forever to print...
  7. Microsoft Photos can't favorite png or gif file types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos can't favorite png or gif file types: I want to favorite a .png file or .gif file but the Microsoft Photos app does not let me do that, is there anything i can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-cant-favorite-png-or-gif-file/1474f9ff-c6ba-43ca-9526-20c4a4e55edc
  8. Opening *.jpg and *.png files

Opening *.jpg and *.png files: When attempting to open these files I now get a File system error (-2147219196) I believe I may have downloaded both Windows 10 and Lenovo upgrades that could have resulted in this error. How to fix?...
  9. View a png, jpg, or gif file; and only that.

View a png, jpg, or gif file; and only that.: What is the best way to view a gif, png or jpeg file in WIndows. To render the image as it is with no artefacts belonging to the viewer? I just want to view the image (and the image alone), move it about the screen, close the view....
  10. Can I "print to jpg / png ? "

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I "print to jpg / png ? ": I find that In windows every time I try to print something there is a great option -- Print to PDF I wonder if I can print to jpg or png too ? What is the best and the most official advice of doing this? Does it require third party software? Note: I don't want to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to scan photo as a JPEG PNG or GIF

2. scan a png photo

3. how to convert tiff to jpg when scanning photo

4. how to scan photo to jpg or gif on windows 10,
  5. .PDF .JPG .GIF .TIF and .PNG which best for scanned documents,
  6. WHICH OF THESE ARE BEST TO SCAN A DOCUMENT PNG TIFF JPEG GIF,
  7. scanning documents ocr tiff or png png or tiff,
  8. how do i scan a photo to png or jpd