Windows 10: Scanning and Repairing disk errors in Windows 10

Discus and support Scanning and Repairing disk errors in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Did scan one of the disks(NTFS)-back-up disk- on my computer but Windows could not repair the errors. I subsequently ran CHKDSK /r on that disk K... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Siisi, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Siisi Win User

Scanning and Repairing disk errors in Windows 10

Did scan one of the disks(NTFS)-back-up disk- on my computer but Windows could not repair the errors.

I subsequently ran CHKDSK /r on that disk K which is believed to have errors:

Stage1

After deleting corrupt attribute records as well as fixing incorrect information in file records segments, 81 large file records were processed and zero bad files records processed.

Stage2

Under this stage meant for examining file linkages, the logo indicated that 3 reparse were processed and an unspecified error occurred viz:

696e6478636862e 70a.

Can somebody help me repair the errors on this disk?

:)

Siisi, Jun 8, 2019

2. Repairing disk error

Hi Steve,

This issue might caused by a failing drive. For us to isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which Windows build and version do you have?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, you can also refer to Wungraileng Vashi's answer on this thread that was found helpful by 65 people:

Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

Let us know your response.

Janeane Cru, Jun 8, 2019
  3. repairing disk errors and Error status 0xc0000020

Hi Maria,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    sfc /scannow

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Windows 10 FAQ.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 8, 2019
  4. wiak Win User

Error scanning a 2TB disk

Guess how long it takes to error scanning a 2TB disk!

just slided a Samsung EcoGreen F3 5400rpm 2TB harddrive into a hotswap bay and started error scan, so after a while i ended up with this time, btw am putting it in a quarantine for a while so only low important stuff will be on it so no important backups hehe

Scanning and Repairing disk errors in Windows 10 Capture001181.jpg

here is a speedmap if anyone is interested

Scanning and Repairing disk errors in Windows 10 Capture003.jpg

oooh fun fun fun! *Stick Out Tongue Scanning and Repairing disk errors in Windows 10 :p

wiak, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Scanning and Repairing disk errors in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Scanning Repairing disk

2. Repair Disk Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair Disk Error: I have a HP laptop, windows 11. Today I got an Intel Display update on my device which i installed after that the whole issue started..Just as the installation was completed, there was an error which said something like "can't display image" and only a half of my taskbar was...
  3. Repair Disk Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repair Disk Error: I have a HP laptop, windows 11. Today I got an Intel Display update on my device which i installed after that the whole issue started..Just as the installation was completed, there was an error which said something like "can't display image" and only a half of my taskbar was...
  4. WINDOWS 10 scanning repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 scanning repair: Hi, Today I started to update a cumulative update of win 10 but after trying so many times it didn't happen. So, I searched the error code and according to suggestion I used the command sfc /scannow but then it showed windows resource protection could not start the repair....
  5. Windows 10 Won't boot.. Repairing disk errors

Windows 10 Won't boot.. Repairing disk errors: I have a Toshiba Satellitle i7 Windows 10 wont start first showing automatic repair then, "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete"... and nothing happens over 4 hours. I cannot even get into advance settings or command prompt even when I press F2,...
  6. Repairing disk error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repairing disk error: Please hepl me i have wait 7 hours and nothing happen It say repairing disk error[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repairing-disk-error/0322ac0a-f69a-45b4-8769-387bcf189da9
  7. Corrupted disk message after scan & repair

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted disk message after scan & repair: I had a message that I needed to restart my computer to scan and repair a disk problem. I did this. The problem is with my J drive, not the C drive. When restarting the system said it was scanning and repairing J but aborted the process at 73%. I am no longer able to reach...
  8. repairing disk errors

repairing disk errors: how long should it take to repair disk errors on a Lenovo laptop! So far it has taken 3 hours and is still saying repairing disk errors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repairing-disk-errors/46b45c4b-9fb2-424b-bba5-ee42afcfc024
  9. Windows 10 - Repairing Disk Errors

Windows 10 - Repairing Disk Errors: I know a lot of people have been having trouble with the computers all of a sudden freezing and then going into this ridiculously long repairing disk error nonsense which takes a heck more than an hour to do anything. I need to get my stuff off my computer. Is there any way I...
  10. Windows 10 Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Repair Disk: G'day, This morning when I turned on my computer, I was getting peeps from my tower. The screen would go black and the machine would turn off. I turned everything off and re booted, it happened again. I have left the power off for two hours and everything seems back to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there a way to way to break out of a scanning and repairing disk?