Windows 10: Scanning and Repairing drive (C:): stuck at 100%

Discus and support Scanning and Repairing drive (C:): stuck at 100% in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I restarted my Lenovo laptop the other day to its factory settings, and it's been stuck at 100% for Scanning and repairing drive (C*Smile since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TechIdiot01, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Scanning and Repairing drive (C:): stuck at 100%

I restarted my Lenovo laptop the other day to its factory settings, and it's been stuck at 100% for Scanning and repairing drive (C*Smile since yesterday when I woke up. So it's basically been stuck for an entire 24+ hours at 100%. What do I do?

:)

TechIdiot01, Nov 4, 2016

2. PC Stuck Scanning and Repairing Drive C: at 11%

Canceling it might actually make it worse. You should let it complete the process, even if it takes a long time. There might corrupt sectors on the drive that might cause data to be corrupted or lost.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 4, 2016
  3. PC Stuck Scanning and Repairing Drive C: at 11%

My PC freezes up on Start Up with this message:

Scanning and Repairing Drive C: and the progress never exceeds 11%.

I tried spamming the space bar on start up to cancel the scan, but it didn't work. I've tried going through Advanced Options, but am unable to access Safe Mode because my keyboard is unresponsive when the screen with the button prompts comes up. I've also
    tried using the Command Prompt with fsutil dirty query c: but it doesn't recognize the command as internal or external. I'm at a loss as to what else I can do.

Any suggestions?

NOTE: I'm putting this up under Windows 10, but the Advanced Options offers me an option to continue on to Windows 8.1, which just leads back to the locked screen previously mentioned.

BrandonnChristopher, Nov 4, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Scanning and Repairing drive (C:): stuck at 100%

Hi, suggest you try booting using Kyhi's boot DVD/flash drive at the top of the Software and Apps section, and
    a. use Crystal Diskinfo (portable free) to check SMART params
    b. If ok, run chkdsk x: /F having booted from there, where x: is your system partition.

If that still fails, and the SMART params are ok, then suggest you try reformatting and clean installing, having backed up everything.

dalchina, Nov 4, 2016
  5. AddRAM Win User
    Did you restart the PC yet ?

If so, what happened ?

Why did you reset it ?

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Scanning and Repairing drive (C:): stuck at 100%

1. Scanning and Repairing drive (C:): stuck at 100% - Similar Threads - Scanning Repairing drive

2. Stuck in Scanning and repairing Drive C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Scanning and repairing Drive C: My pc is stuck in a loop just turning on and off when I get the error „Scanning and reparing drive C:…” It just keeps booting up and showing the error and after that it just shuts itself off and on. This started when I tried to reset my pc to factory settings....
  3. Stuck in Scanning and repairing Drive C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in Scanning and repairing Drive C: My pc is stuck in a loop just turning on and off when I get the error „Scanning and reparing drive C:…” It just keeps booting up and showing the error and after that it just shuts itself off and on. This started when I tried to reset my pc to factory settings....
  4. Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete: I have stuck on the screen Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete over 6 hours. Even i was tried to turn off my laptop but couldn't do as i was pressed the power button for 8-10 seconds however it's not turning off so Could someone guide me to resolve the issue?...
  5. Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete: I have stuck on the screen Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete over 6 hours. Even i was tried to turn off my laptop but couldn't do as i was pressed the power button for 8-10 seconds however it's not turning off so Could someone guide me to resolve the issue?...
  6. Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete: I have stuck on the screen Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete over 6 hours. I am hesitant to turn off the computer because I don't have any backup. What can I do?...
  8. Stuck at “Scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at “Scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete”: So I ran a chkdsk on my m.2 ssd because i was told to do so because some of the files on my ssd were corrupted, I started the chkdsk and not even 5 minutes after the reboot, it says “Scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete”, idk if I should turn it off, or just let...
  9. Scanning and Repairing Drive C 100% Complete - STUCK

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scanning and Repairing Drive C 100% Complete - STUCK: When my computer does a chkdsk /r, and restarts, the scan will get stuck on 100%. I've let it sit for over 16 hours and it stays stuck. If I hit the reset button, it''ll restart, the Scanning and Repairing Drive C 100% Complete momentarily comes up, but then it moves forward...
  10. Stuck on "scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck on "scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete": so yesterday i went to reset my computer and i got to the part where it said "scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete" it got to 100% pretty fast but after that it never moved it has been stuck like this for around 15 hours what do i do? 65662

Users found this page by searching for:

1. repairing c drive stuck loc:US

2. cpu c drive scanning and repairing