Windows 10: Scanning and repairing drive (C:) stuck Please help !

Discus and support Scanning and repairing drive (C:) stuck Please help ! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I apologize in advance for wall of text !! Trying to supply as much information as I can. I have a Windows 10 HP that's around 2 years old. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matt1313, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Matt1313 Win User

Scanning and repairing drive (C:) stuck Please help !

I apologize in advance for wall of text !! Trying to supply as much information as I can.

I have a Windows 10 HP that's around 2 years old. The computer is in good shape physically but has not had antivirus for a while. Recently while on the internet I've gotten notices that a drive has failed (or module) and after some lag the web page returns to normal and says drive has recovered. . Also while playing overwatch(a safe and to what I know 99.9% sure should be virus free game from blizzard) I've gotten a blue screen recently with a loud screech and it's said Windows ran into problems collecting information. Shortly after a 0 to 100% and collecting the info the computer reloaded and returned to normal (and playable again). With that being said I just started AVG antivirus and followed some of the recommendations and they all worked well(could notice improvements immediately). The last recommendation was to scan and check drives. The process required to the restart computer and once it did it prompt a black screen with the HP logo and "scanning and repairing drive (C*Smile with a %. It has now been stuck on 11% complete for 2-3 hours and I'm preparing for the worst from what I've read. I need to do everything possible to keep the information/pictures/etc on the computer. I have called avg support and they seemed unsure of what to do so I wanted another opinion. And now wondering what's best move from here ?? Unfortunately don't know any specs of the computer. Forcing a power shut down from what I've read could lose information ?

I appreciate and thanks any help in advance!!. Will be checking for responses often !!

:)

Matt1313, Jul 3, 2016

2. PC Stuck Scanning and Repairing Drive C: at 11%

Canceling it might actually make it worse. You should let it complete the process, even if it takes a long time. There might corrupt sectors on the drive that might cause data to be corrupted or lost.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 3, 2016
  3. PC Stuck Scanning and Repairing Drive C: at 11%

My PC freezes up on Start Up with this message:

Scanning and Repairing Drive C: and the progress never exceeds 11%.

I tried spamming the space bar on start up to cancel the scan, but it didn't work. I've tried going through Advanced Options, but am unable to access Safe Mode because my keyboard is unresponsive when the screen with the button prompts comes up. I've also
    tried using the Command Prompt with fsutil dirty query c: but it doesn't recognize the command as internal or external. I'm at a loss as to what else I can do.

Any suggestions?

NOTE: I'm putting this up under Windows 10, but the Advanced Options offers me an option to continue on to Windows 8.1, which just leads back to the locked screen previously mentioned.

BrandonnChristopher, Jul 3, 2016
Thema:

Scanning and repairing drive (C:) stuck Please help !

1. Scanning and repairing drive (C:) stuck Please help ! - Similar Threads - Scanning repairing drive

2. Stuck in Scanning and repairing Drive C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Scanning and repairing Drive C: My pc is stuck in a loop just turning on and off when I get the error „Scanning and reparing drive C:…” It just keeps booting up and showing the error and after that it just shuts itself off and on. This started when I tried to reset my pc to factory settings....
  3. Stuck in Scanning and repairing Drive C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in Scanning and repairing Drive C: My pc is stuck in a loop just turning on and off when I get the error „Scanning and reparing drive C:…” It just keeps booting up and showing the error and after that it just shuts itself off and on. This started when I tried to reset my pc to factory settings....
  4. Scanning and repairing drive C

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning and repairing drive C: Each and everytime I start my machine This dialogue appears during boot: Scanning and repairing drive C. I properly turn off my pc from start menu. I have a ssd and my pc usually boots within10-15seconds but now it takes longer to boot....
  5. Stuck at “Scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at “Scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete”: So I ran a chkdsk on my m.2 ssd because i was told to do so because some of the files on my ssd were corrupted, I started the chkdsk and not even 5 minutes after the reboot, it says “Scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete”, idk if I should turn it off, or just let...
  6. Help stuck on repair drive c

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Help stuck on repair drive c: Help my dell all in one after updating windows 10 has been stuck in repair system drive c for 3 days now at 6% how can i get past this? 133839
  7. Help stuck on repair drive c

in Windows 10 Support
    Help stuck on repair drive c: Help my dell all in one after updating windows 10 has been stuck in repair system drive c for 3 days now at 6% how can i get past this? 133839
  8. Scanning and Repairing Drive C 100% Complete - STUCK

Scanning and Repairing Drive C 100% Complete - STUCK: When my computer does a chkdsk /r, and restarts, the scan will get stuck on 100%. I've let it sit for over 16 hours and it stays stuck. If I hit the reset button, it''ll restart, the Scanning and Repairing Drive C 100% Complete momentarily comes up, but then it moves forward...
  9. Stuck on "scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete"

Stuck on "scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete": so yesterday i went to reset my computer and i got to the part where it said "scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete" it got to 100% pretty fast but after that it never moved it has been stuck like this for around 15 hours what do i do? 65662
  10. Scanning and Repairing drive (C:): stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Support
    Scanning and Repairing drive (C:): stuck at 100%: I restarted my Lenovo laptop the other day to its factory settings, and it's been stuck at 100% for Scanning and repairing drive (C*Smile since yesterday when I woke up. So it's basically been stuck for an entire 24+ hours at 100%. What do I do? 69004