Windows 10: Scanning and repairing drive C

Discus and support Scanning and repairing drive C in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Each and everytime I start my machine This dialogue appears during boot: Scanning and repairing drive C. I properly turn off my pc from start menu. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sakkhor Islam Khan, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Scanning and repairing drive C

Each and everytime I start my machine This dialogue appears during boot: Scanning and repairing drive C. I properly turn off my pc from start menu. I have a ssd and my pc usually boots within10-15seconds but now it takes longer to boot.

:)

Sakkhor Islam Khan, Oct 17, 2020

2. Im having a Repair C drive Errors.

Try This

Follow these steps to repair corrupt hard disk without formatting, and get back the data.

1. Step 1: Run Antivirus Scan. Connect the hard drive to a Windows PC and use a reliable antivirus/malware tool to scan the drive or the system. ...
    2. Step 2: Run CHKDSK Scan. ...
    3. Step 3: Run SFC Scan. ...
    4. Step 4: Use a Data Recovery Tool.

Anthony'sHelping Hands, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Scanning and repairing drive (CScanning and repairing drive C :) Windows 10

Hi,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system file corruption after it was turned off while it was scanning and repairing drive (CScanning and repairing drive C :). For us to help you access your computer and end the scanning and repairing loop, we suggest that you perform a startup repair.
    Kindly follow the steps below:

• Start your computer from the installation media, Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer. Press a key once you see a message that says
      Press any key to boot from DVD.
    • On Install the Windows screen, select Repair your computer to the
      Windows Recovery Environment.
    • On the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
    • Select Advanced options. Under Advanced options, select
      Startup Repair.
    • Startup Repair will now start Diagnosing your PC, and will perform an automatic repair.

Meanwhile, if you don't have a disk or USB, download the ISO from a different computer and try creating a bootable disk or USB. Kindly refer to this

link
    and follow the second option that says Using the tool to create installation media to install Windows 10 on a
    different PC.

Please get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Scanning and repairing drive C

Stuck on scanning and repairing drive (CScanning and repairing drive C :): 57%

Hello Artemis,

If the" Scanning and repairing drive (CScanning and repairing drive C :)" stuck, you may wait for some time and check if there's any progress.

If there's no progress after an overnight, we can perform a Startup/Automatic repair using the Media Creation Tool.

To get started, let's create an installation media for Windows 10 (via USB) through this
    link.

Once we have the bootable USB, please follow these steps:

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
    • Select Language, Time and currency format and the Keyboard or input method.
    • Click Next.
    • Click Repair your computer, and select Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced option.
    • Select Automatic Repair, and select operating system.

Update us on the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Scanning and repairing drive C

1. Scanning and repairing drive C - Similar Threads - Scanning repairing drive

2. Scanning and repairing drive C error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning and repairing drive C error: I have on the screen Scanning and repairing drive C and after few hours it went on troubleshoot. I tried restarting it and enabling safe mode but it just went to error and restarted again and went back to Scanning and repairing drive....
  3. Scanning And Repairing Drive C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning And Repairing Drive C: My PC is stuck on Scanning And Repairing Drive C 15%. I manually turn chkdsk /r on CMD. Please help me ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-and-repairing-drive-c/12e94871-0615-4b69-af20-428a68315e6f
  4. Scanning And Repairing Drive C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanning And Repairing Drive C: My PC is stuck on Scanning And Repairing Drive C 15%. I manually turn chkdsk /r on CMD. Please help me ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-and-repairing-drive-c/12e94871-0615-4b69-af20-428a68315e6f
  5. Scanning and repairing drive c

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning and repairing drive c: I'm getting scanning and repairing drive c every time when i turn on my, following my recent question that I was unable to boot to my windows and get a black screen, so when I hard shut it down the next time I open my pc I get scanning and repairing drive c and every time...
  6. scanning and repairing drive c

scanning and repairing drive c: For a weekmy laptop kept asking for permission for " scanning and repairing drive c". Last night I let it finishdoing that. This morning, no MS applications work. MS applicationsreturn a dialog box with some path references saying "The Remote procedurecall failed".I have...
  7. scanning and repairing drive c

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    scanning and repairing drive c: For a week my laptop kept asking for permission for "scanning and repairing drive c". Last night I let it finish doing that. This morning, no MS applications work. MS applications return a dialog box with some path references saying "The Remote procedure call failed". I...
  8. Scanning and repairing drive C . ...

Scanning and repairing drive C . ...: I am using a Dell desktop with Windows 10. Couple of days back there was an error msg in the msg center which stated that my hard drive needs to be fixed. So I decided to go ahead with the scan, closed all open programs and gave the go ahead. After few seconds...
  9. Scanning and repairing c drive

Scanning and repairing c drive: After updating windows 10 i was having few issues with update and restart, this time after opening the pc it took a restart on its own, and showed scanning and repairing c drive, but after the completion it came to a blank screen and the mouse pointer. Nothing else. I've...
  10. Scanning and repairing drive (C:) ...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning and repairing drive (C:) ...: Searched forums about this screen. Long story short, I ran into issues with my laptop (Dells XPS 9530) and reinstalled Windows, keeping all my files. That got my computer up and running again after hours of being unsuccessful. I reinstalled a bunch of programs and powered...