Windows 10: Scanning and repairing drive D

Discus and support Scanning and repairing drive D in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys im using a windows 10 acer predator desktop. Today after turning on my desktop it said scanning and repairing drive D without giving me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by raiyankooh, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Scanning and repairing drive D

Hi guys im using a windows 10 acer predator desktop. Today after turning on my desktop it said scanning and repairing drive D without giving me the option to skip. I waited for it to be completed which took a few hours and after completing, it went to a black screen which only had my cursor on. Im stuck at this black screen !! Help !!

:)

raiyankooh, Jun 8, 2017

2. Scanning and Repairing Drive (DScanning and repairing drive D :)

There could be corrupted partition information on the drive. If you don't have anything of value on the drive, I'd recommend doing a full format (right-click the drive, choose format, and turn off the quick option).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 8, 2017
  3. L Mttrs Win User
    Scanning and Repairing Drive (DScanning and repairing drive D :)

Hello,

Recently when I turned on my desktop PC, it said "Scanning and Repairing Drive (DScanning and repairing drive D :). It's been running for
    2 hours and is only at 9%. It has done this before, but I let it pass, now I'm tired of it doing this. I have two hard drives, their both the same thing, same capacity, same brand. The weird thing is that I don't have
    anything on that drive, so I would think if any hard drives need repairs, it would be the C drive. I have no idea why it could be doing this. My desktop is an HP Pavilion with the Windows 10 1709 update. Thanks!

L Mttrs, Jun 8, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Scanning and repairing drive D

Hi, sounds like it would be a good idea to check your disk(s)

I've no idea how many you have as there are no specs for your PC (compare mine).

Please download, create and boot from Kyhi's boot disk (DVD/drive), available from the top of the Software and Apps section. There you will see a list of available utilities.

Please run HDTune, and post a screenshot of it GUI for each of your disks.
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 8, 2017
  5. The thing is i cant get access to my desktop, it goes straight to scanning and repairing D drive so im unable to download kyhi like you asked me to. I do not know much about computers so i apologise.

raiyankooh, Jun 9, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jun 9, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    If D: is a separate physical drive and not needed for booting Windows, then disconnect it. See if your PC boots.

OR:

Can you ask a friend to help & use their PC? Go to an internet cafe?

It's very handy to keep basic boot tools ready in the event that something happens.
    I have DVD's for
    - Win 10
    - Macrium Reflect (disk imaging)
    - Partition Manager
    - Kyhi's boot disk

and some others.

You can even create a multiboot flash drive with several on the same device.

dalchina, Jun 9, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

Have you been able to boot to a USB drive? Are you still getting a black screen or can you boot to the windows recovery or advanced troubleshooting menu?

zbook, Jun 9, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    -- raiyankooh said he can't download anything. (#3).

Another approach might be to try to boot to Safe Mode with Networking.
    (Shift + left click restart, navigate through the prompts and a brief restart to
    Startup Settings
    and select

5 Safe Mode with Networking.

You should then have internet access.

Reset the 'dirty' bit
    While in Safe Mode, try this:
    Manually Reset or Clear Dirty Bit in Windows without using CHKDSK • Raymond.CC
    This resets the flag that normally triggers chkdsk.
    However, what puzzles me is that relates to running chkdsk on boot- not after logging in.So I think something else is wrong, and I then return to the idea of disconnecting D: and seeing if you can boot.

And whilst in Safe Mode, set up a clean boot and try that.
    If something is triggered on logging in that scans D: that should stop it.
    Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Part 1.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Scanning and repairing drive D - Similar Threads - Scanning repairing drive

2. Message to scan and repair drive D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Message to scan and repair drive D: Every time I plug in my camera to upload pictures I get a pop up message in the corner saying there is something wrong with USB drive D and I should scan and repair it. It still works; I can still upload pictures, but why do I keep getting this message?I live chatted...
  3. Message to scan and repair drive D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Message to scan and repair drive D: Every time I plug in my camera to upload pictures I get a pop up message in the corner saying there is something wrong with USB drive D and I should scan and repair it. It still works; I can still upload pictures, but why do I keep getting this message?I live chatted...
  4. Scanning & repairing drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning & repairing drive: Stuck too long on 100% complete of scanning and repairing drive c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-repairing-drive/a0a01fb0-6e22-4931-9350-304390584072
  5. Scanning & repairing drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning & repairing drive: Stuck too long on 100% complete of scanning and repairing drive c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-repairing-drive/a0a01fb0-6e22-4931-9350-304390584072
  6. Scanning & repairing drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Scanning and repairing drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning and repairing drive: Every time I try to boot my windows 10 pc, a message on the windows 10 boot menu says - " scanning and repairing drive C". This scanning and repairing lasts for 2-3 seconds and then my pc boots normally. This happens every time I try to start my pc.My specs are - Device name...
  8. Scanning and Repairing drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scanning and Repairing drive: Hi. I have an issue with my drives. So whenever i start my pc, I always get a message saying scanning and repairing drive (C:) but then a few seconds later my lockscreen appears. I have tried to repair the drive through the errorchecking tool but restarting my computer has...
  9. Scan Disk D: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan Disk D: drive: When trying to format scan disk on my laptop, message appears, D: drive not valid drive. What is going on and how can I fix this? The scan disk is a read/write disk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-disk-d-drive/921a6cdb-488a-47b1-bcc4-3dd96b148227
  10. Stuck on repairing and scanning drive D: 9% Complete

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck on repairing and scanning drive D: 9% Complete: Hi , so yesterday i was working no problem with my laptop ( Asus rog with 1 tb HDD drive ) then i got an error message because of drivers and they asked me to restart my computer , i restarted but then i was stuck on loading screen of asus , couldnt enter my deckstop and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1809 scanning and repairing drive