Windows 10: Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot

Discus and support Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. So a few minutes ago, my computer froze at the shut down screen. I forced a shutdown through the power button and after that, Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JuliusCesar1, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot

Hello.

So a few minutes ago, my computer froze at the shut down screen. I forced a shutdown through the power button and after that, Windows 10 informs me that it is scanning and repairing drives. When the computer finally loaded, I checked for errors in the C: drive through properties. It found errors and urged me to restart my system to repair drive errors. I let it restart yet when I checked for errors again on the properties menu, it still had errors. I repeated the whole scan and restart thing to no avail. Frustrated, I ran chkdsk C: /f /r /x on cmd as admin but the Properties menu still showed errors after restart. I even ran Repair-Volume C -Scan on PowerShell but again, Properties still showed errors.

I ran a SMART test in case the issue is with my hard drive on PowerShell using Get-WmiObject -namespace root\wmi –class MSStorageDriver_FailurePredictStatus but it showed that all of my drives are healthy. I am currently running DISM.exe and sfc /scannow to ensure image integrity but this is really annoying me. How do I boot without the scanning and repairing drives appearing?

:)

JuliusCesar1, Sep 24, 2020

2. Scanning and repairing drive issue

Hi Andrunique,

I realize that you are facing issue with the scan and repair drive process. I will try to help you with this.

Suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if that helps. A clean boot state will help us to determine if any 3rd party service or application is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Im having a Repair C drive Errors.

Try This

Follow these steps to repair corrupt hard disk without formatting, and get back the data.

1. Step 1: Run Antivirus Scan. Connect the hard drive to a Windows PC and use a reliable antivirus/malware tool to scan the drive or the system. ...
    2. Step 2: Run CHKDSK Scan. ...
    3. Step 3: Run SFC Scan. ...
    4. Step 4: Use a Data Recovery Tool.

Anthony'sHelping Hands, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot

acer aspire stuck on Scanning and repairing drive

Hi,

The challenge that you are experiencing when trying to boot up your computer can occur due to several reasons such as corrupted/missing system files, bad sectors on your hard disk, etc. We recommend that you boot your computer in safe mode so that you can
    troubleshoot the issue. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Start your system.
    • After your computer shows its original equipment manufacturer's logo, perform a hard shut down by pressing and holding the power button until your computer shuts down.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 2.
    • Start your system again. This time, Windows will boot into the Windows 10 Repair Environment.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced Options.
    • Select Startup Settings, then click restart.
    • When your computer restarts, press the corresponding key for safe mode to boot your computer in safe mode.

Once you're able to boot into safe mode, kindly run the System File Checker tool and the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool. The System File Checker tool
    and the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool check if there are corrupted system files on your computer. If the
    System File Checker tool detects incorrect, corrupted, or damaged system files, it replaces them with the correct file versions. If it cannot repair the issue, the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool will try to fix as many errors as possible. To run the said tools, kindly follow the steps in this article:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot
    . Remember to thoroughly read the instructions.

Also, try checking your local disk for any errors while in safe mode. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the File Explorer.
    • On the left panel, click on This PC.
    • Right-click on your local disk (C:, D:, E:, etc.), then click on Properties.
    • Select the Tools tab, then click on Check.
    • Click on Scan drive. If errors are found, click on Scan and repair drive, then follow the on-screen instructions to repair your disk. Once done, check if the issue persists.

Kindly get back to us once you've tried the steps that we have provided.

Joshua Her1, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot

1. Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot - Similar Threads - Scanning Repairing Drive

2. Windows 10 Pro scans and repairs a mystery drive at every boot-up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro scans and repairs a mystery drive at every boot-up: For about two months, my PC has been scanning and repairing a drive at every boot-up, regardless of how the PC was shut down the time before. It can take as long as fifteen minutes to scan and complete repairs, which always identifies 64 files to be repaired; I am unsure...
  3. Windows 10 Pro scans and repairs a mystery drive at every boot-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro scans and repairs a mystery drive at every boot-up: For about two months, my PC has been scanning and repairing a drive at every boot-up, regardless of how the PC was shut down the time before. It can take as long as fifteen minutes to scan and complete repairs, which always identifies 64 files to be repaired; I am unsure...
  4. Windows 10 Pro scans and repairs a mystery drive at every boot-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Scanning and repairing drive (C:) every boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scanning and repairing drive (C:) every boot: submitted by /u/binnnssss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mo3kta/scanning_and_repairing_drive_c_every_boot/
  6. Scanning and repairing drive every time I boot up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning and repairing drive every time I boot up: Hi every time i boot my pc up i get the scanning and reparing drive messge with a pretty long error code after a few mins it goes and the computer loads the desktop as normal and runs fine i was wondering if anyone knew how i could stop this from happining every time i boot...
  7. SCANNING AND REPAIRING UNIT C: ON EVERY BOOT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SCANNING AND REPAIRING UNIT C: ON EVERY BOOT: Everytime i start my PC, scanning and repairing of the unit C: happens, i tried the command chkdsk and sfc scannow with no results it says that everithing is correct, i even scanned the whole system with my antivirus and everyting is in perfect state, but on the control panel...
  8. “Scanning and repairing drive (C:)” every boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Scanning and repairing drive (C:)” every boot: Hi, This has been going on for the past 10 days or so, the problem is that it doesn't show any progress or tasks, it just shows two messages, the first has a 7 seconds countdown telling me to press any key to ignore this, and next saying "“Scanning and repairing drive (C:)”,...
  9. Scanning and repairing drive on every start-up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning and repairing drive on every start-up: I recently had an issue with my PC that wouldn't let it start up. Re-plugging my hard drives fixed it, but now it gives me a scanning and repairing drive message on every start-up, taking up a lot more time to start up Windows. What can I do to get rid of this? Another side...
  10. Windows scanning and repairing drive every time it boots up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows scanning and repairing drive every time it boots up: [img] The scanning as shown above takes place every time I boot windows. I have no other OS installed and I have a 32gb SSD (where windows is installed) and a 500gb HDD (for other files and stuff). How can I remove this? PS: I guess this happened after I installed the...