Windows 10: Scanning and repairing drive on every start-up

Discus and support Scanning and repairing drive on every start-up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently had an issue with my PC that wouldn't let it start up. Re-plugging my hard drives fixed it, but now it gives me a scanning and repairing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Milennin, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Milennin Win User

Scanning and repairing drive on every start-up

I recently had an issue with my PC that wouldn't let it start up. Re-plugging my hard drives fixed it, but now it gives me a scanning and repairing drive message on every start-up, taking up a lot more time to start up Windows. What can I do to get rid of this?

Another side issue is an occasional tick sound I'm hearing from within my PC while it's on. I had this on a previous computer some years ago as well, and no idea what's causing it. This started happening after the issue.

:)

Milennin, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Milennin Win User

I recently had an issue with my PC that wouldn't let it start up. Re-plugging my hard drives fixed it, but now it gives me a scanning and repairing drive message on every start-up, taking up a lot more time to start up Windows. What can I do to get rid of this?

Another side issue is an occasional tick sound I'm hearing from within my PC while it's on. I had this on a previous computer some years ago as well, and no idea what's causing it. This started happening after the issue.

Milennin, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Scanning and Repairing Drive on Startup

Every time I start up my computer this thing pops up:

Scanning and repairing drive on every start-up fix-stuck-scanning-and-repairing-drive-in-windows-10.jpg

How do I fix it?

BelowAverageHuman, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Scanning and repairing drive (CScanning and repairing drive on every start-up :) Windows 10

Hi,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system file corruption after it was turned off while it was scanning and repairing drive (CScanning and repairing drive on every start-up :). For us to help you access your computer and end the scanning and repairing loop, we suggest that you perform a startup repair.
    Kindly follow the steps below:

• Start your computer from the installation media, Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer. Press a key once you see a message that says
      Press any key to boot from DVD.
    • On Install the Windows screen, select Repair your computer to the
      Windows Recovery Environment.
    • On the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
    • Select Advanced options. Under Advanced options, select
      Startup Repair.
    • Startup Repair will now start Diagnosing your PC, and will perform an automatic repair.

Meanwhile, if you don't have a disk or USB, download the ISO from a different computer and try creating a bootable disk or USB. Kindly refer to this

link
    and follow the second option that says Using the tool to create installation media to install Windows 10 on a
    different PC.

Please get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Scanning and repairing drive on every start-up - Similar Threads - Scanning repairing drive

2. Start-up scanning and repairing problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start-up scanning and repairing problems: I have had some problems. It initially started with playing Minecraft Bedrock Minecraft for Windows 10 edition. I played the game quite a while ago but all was fine. However when I started playing again recently, I found there would be input lag from my keyboard. It ended up...
  3. Start-up scanning and repairing problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start-up scanning and repairing problems: I have had some problems. It initially started with playing Minecraft Bedrock Minecraft for Windows 10 edition. I played the game quite a while ago but all was fine. However when I started playing again recently, I found there would be input lag from my keyboard. It ended up...
  4. Hard Drive Scan&Repair at every start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive Scan&Repair at every start up: I'm sure this is a common issue as there's already lots of questions regarding it. However, none of the proposed solutions I found worked so far.Ever since a few months ago I ran into the issue that Windows 10 tries to scan and repair my C: Drive at every start up, but...
  5. Hard Drive Scan&Repair at every start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Scan&Repair at every start up: I'm sure this is a common issue as there's already lots of questions regarding it. However, none of the proposed solutions I found worked so far.Ever since a few months ago I ran into the issue that Windows 10 tries to scan and repair my C: Drive at every start up, but...
  6. Hard Drive Scan&Repair at every start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Scanning and repairing drive every time I boot up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning and repairing drive every time I boot up: Hi every time i boot my pc up i get the scanning and reparing drive messge with a pretty long error code after a few mins it goes and the computer loads the desktop as normal and runs fine i was wondering if anyone knew how i could stop this from happining every time i boot...
  8. “Scanning and repairing drive (C:)” every boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Scanning and repairing drive (C:)” every boot: Hi, This has been going on for the past 10 days or so, the problem is that it doesn't show any progress or tasks, it just shows two messages, the first has a 7 seconds countdown telling me to press any key to ignore this, and next saying "“Scanning and repairing drive (C:)”,...
  9. Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot: Hello. So a few minutes ago, my computer froze at the shut down screen. I forced a shutdown through the power button and after that, Windows 10 informs me that it is scanning and repairing drives. When the computer finally loaded, I checked for errors in the C: drive...
  10. Windows scanning and repairing drive every time it boots up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows scanning and repairing drive every time it boots up: [img] The scanning as shown above takes place every time I boot windows. I have no other OS installed and I have a 32gb SSD (where windows is installed) and a 500gb HDD (for other files and stuff). How can I remove this? PS: I guess this happened after I installed the...