Windows 10: Scanning and repairing drive stuck

Discus and support Scanning and repairing drive stuck in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Asus X556U laptop with 1 TB HDD and I just ran the chkdsk command, now it is Scanning and Repairing drive (C:) but it is stuck at 13%.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dan Frunza, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Scanning and repairing drive stuck

Hi,

I have an Asus X556U laptop with 1 TB HDD and I just ran the chkdsk command, now it is Scanning and Repairing drive (CScanning and repairing drive stuck :) but it is stuck at 13%. If I restart my laptop it is persisting by repeating the scan and repair process. How can I cancel this operation?

Thank you.

:)

Dan Frunza, Feb 22, 2019

2. Stuck on scanning and repairing drive (CScanning and repairing drive stuck :): 57%

Hello Artemis,

If the" Scanning and repairing drive (CScanning and repairing drive stuck :)" stuck, you may wait for some time and check if there's any progress.

If there's no progress after an overnight, we can perform a Startup/Automatic repair using the Media Creation Tool.

To get started, let's create an installation media for Windows 10 (via USB) through this
    link.

Once we have the bootable USB, please follow these steps:

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
    • Select Language, Time and currency format and the Keyboard or input method.
    • Click Next.
    • Click Repair your computer, and select Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced option.
    • Select Automatic Repair, and select operating system.

Update us on the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Feb 22, 2019
  3. MSMPlayz Win User
    Stuck Scanning and Repairing Drive.

I have been patiently waiting for a period of 1 hour looking at the screen of my laptop. At this present moment, Windows is stuck 'Scanning and Repairing Drive D: 9% Complete'. Can anyone help me?
    Kind Regards,
    MSM

MSMPlayz, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Jose Est Win User

Scanning and repairing drive stuck

repairing drive c

The part of process that you are in when updating Windows is the check disk (CHKDSK), the system is checking your drive for errors.

Are you still having the issue and stuck at Scanning and repairing drive process?

As a workaround, you can follow these steps to bypass the CHKDSK process:

• Hold down the power button for 4 seconds.
    • The PC will reboot.
    • You will get stuck again on the process, repeat step 1.
    • You will get a message "press any key to bypass the chkdsk."
    • Press any key and it will continue on the update process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Scanning and repairing drive stuck

1. Scanning and repairing drive stuck - Similar Threads - Scanning repairing drive

2. "Scanning and Repairing" stuck for USB Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Scanning and Repairing" stuck for USB Drive.: Hello,I was inserting a USB drive I needed to use and it said that it needed to be scanned for fixes/repairs. I clicked it, and it's been 30+ minutes, and it hasn't moved. It got to about 30% complete, then it stopped completely. Are there any fixes to this or am I safe to...
  3. "Scanning and Repairing" stuck for USB Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Scanning and Repairing" stuck for USB Drive.: Hello,I was inserting a USB drive I needed to use and it said that it needed to be scanned for fixes/repairs. I clicked it, and it's been 30+ minutes, and it hasn't moved. It got to about 30% complete, then it stopped completely. Are there any fixes to this or am I safe to...
  4. Stuck in Scanning and repairing Drive C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Scanning and repairing Drive C: My pc is stuck in a loop just turning on and off when I get the error „Scanning and reparing drive C:…” It just keeps booting up and showing the error and after that it just shuts itself off and on. This started when I tried to reset my pc to factory settings....
  5. Stuck in Scanning and repairing Drive C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in Scanning and repairing Drive C: My pc is stuck in a loop just turning on and off when I get the error „Scanning and reparing drive C:…” It just keeps booting up and showing the error and after that it just shuts itself off and on. This started when I tried to reset my pc to factory settings....
  6. Scanning and repairing drive is stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scanning and repairing drive is stuck: So when i ran checkdisc i ran it so it would scan on restart. So i restarted my computer and it started doing scanning and repairing drive. Right now its saying scanning and repairing drive (\??\SystemPartition). It is stuck at 11% right now. My hard drive activity led has...
  7. Scanning & Repairing stuck?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning & Repairing stuck?: "Scanning and Repairing Drive E: 9% Complete" has been running for about 11 hours now. Not sure if this is normal or if there is something I should do to abort this. 77398
  8. Stuck Scanning and Repairing Drive.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck Scanning and Repairing Drive.: I have been patiently waiting for a period of 1 hour looking at the screen of my laptop. At this present moment, Windows is stuck 'Scanning and Repairing Drive D: 9% Complete'. Can anyone help me? Kind Regards, MSM 36579
  9. scanning and repairing drive stuck

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    scanning and repairing drive stuck: soo today i turned onn my laptop and some programs didnt work. So i decided to do a dick check and repair. it god stuck at 6% for about half an hour i rebooted several times but it kept stoping at 6%. Now i left it scanning for almost 2 hours and it's still at 6% 73233
  10. Scanning and Repairing Drive Stuck!

in Windows 10 Support
    Scanning and Repairing Drive Stuck!: Hi, My PC has been Scanning and repairing my drive for the past 24 hours and it is stuck at 14%. This is the second time that I waited the next day for it to complete, but it stays at 14%. In that instance, I just hard reboot the machine and then I skip the disk check /...