Windows 10: Scanning and reparing disc at every startup

Discus and support Scanning and reparing disc at every startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After few months after buing new laptop lenovo Y540, it started reparing disc every time i start my computer. I have already scaned it several times to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Michałłł, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Scanning and reparing disc at every startup

After few months after buing new laptop lenovo Y540, it started reparing disc every time i start my computer. I have already scaned it several times to find any viruses and disabled fast start up i found somewhere that it can help. It continues to do it every time for about two months and i dont know what to do with it.

:)

Michałłł, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Must scan device after each startup

I installed a dual serial port card in a PCIe slot in my Acer i7 desktop, Win 10 Home. It works until the computer is restarted, then device manager lists the ports as hidden and says they are not physically connected. If I right click the device and scan for hardware changes, they will work until the next time the machine is shut down and restarted. The manufacturer suggests putting them in a different slot, but that is not helpful as there is only one PCIe slot. Can anyone suggest a way of fixing this or, alternately, is rhere a way to force windows to scan devices for hardware changes at each startup? Thanks for any help.

modernhistorian, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Scanning and reparing disc at every startup

Optimized scans?

Yeah, those "Optimizing" scanners are a farce. Just keep doing routine maintainence. e.g. Virus scan, spyware scanner/blocker, disc defragment utility, scan disc. Also go to run > type "msconfig" > select the "startup" tab > uncheck any program that you don't need running at startup. There are other optimization tricks you can do, I think there are some guides floating around the forums somewhere, but don't download some wierd software to do it.

Thermopylae_480, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Scanning and reparing disc at every startup

1. Scanning and reparing disc at every startup - Similar Threads - Scanning reparing disc

2. “To skip disc checking” pops up ok every startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “To skip disc checking” pops up ok every startup: I’m using windows 10, my computer was fine up until a few days ago when the prompt started appearing on every startup. I tried both chkdsk C: /f /r And chkdsk /x C: and neither managed to solve the issue. What could be causing this issue, how can I fix it, and does my ssd run...
  3. “To skip disc checking” pops up ok every startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “To skip disc checking” pops up ok every startup: I’m using windows 10, my computer was fine up until a few days ago when the prompt started appearing on every startup. I tried both chkdsk C: /f /r And chkdsk /x C: and neither managed to solve the issue. What could be causing this issue, how can I fix it, and does my ssd run...
  4. “To skip disc checking” pops up ok every startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Scanning and reparing C drive with Proper shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scanning and reparing C drive with Proper shutdown: Hi, I always shut down my computer properly. Going to start menu and clicking shut down. Whever I start it up again, it always scans and repairs C drive. Please help....
  6. scan disc on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    scan disc on windows 10: How can I make it run faster. Using Scan and Repair option . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-disc-on-windows-10/f999e1fd-12d7-49b7-a4f1-ef285048853d
  7. Scan disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan disc: I cannot find a place on my computer to insert a microscan disc; can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-disc/6d35c91d-19b9-4ca0-8056-e8b28b877109
  8. mri scan disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mri scan disc: mri scan disc will not open message tells me i need java 1.6 were would i get this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mri-scan-disc/6f75c788-a6be-42c3-a85a-7013ce3579ea"
  9. repar Hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    repar Hard drive: what the dos command to cheack scan and repair hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/repar-hard-drive/779c82b6-c2cc-4d27-a814-936fb2799449
  10. Scanning and repairing volume (\\?\Volume...) every startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scanning and repairing volume (\\?\Volume...) every startup: help.. this problem comes up after i upgrade my windows 10 anniv update to creators update every time i startup, this thing comes ... Scanning and repairing volume (\\?\Volume...) 100% complete it just took 5 seconds and get into windows after that and then i re-install...