Windows 10: scanning could not be started

Discus and support scanning could not be started in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i was able to update my windows defender but i could not complete my scanning. This was the feedback I had; the scan could'nt be started & the group or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ReccaAddei, Jan 3, 2019.

1. scanning could not be started

i was able to update my windows defender but i could not complete my scanning. This was the feedback I had; the scan could'nt be started & the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation. what can be done to solve this?

:)

ReccaAddei, Jan 3, 2019

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jan 3, 2019
  3. avemaria Win User
    right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, Jan 3, 2019
  4. scanning could not be started

Windows 10 phone: Scan SD Card and fix errors...but Scan not started.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to select your phone from the list of phones and then try to perform the troubleshooting steps provided in the link below. Check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/mobile-devices

Please get back to us with an update on scanning for SD card, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

scanning could not be started

1. scanning could not be started - Similar Threads - scanning started

2. Windows Defender problem, cant delete scan history and also on "start actions" nothing happens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender problem, cant delete scan history and also on "start actions" nothing happens: Hello, I deleted a file which microsoft defender said its virus, now I press "start actions" and nothing happens also I cant delete defender scan history, here's video and pictures what I mean: Imgur: The magic of the Internetunknown 2023 12 24 14 52 - YouTube...
  3. Windows Defender problem, cant delete scan history and also on "start actions" nothing happens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender problem, cant delete scan history and also on "start actions" nothing happens: Hello, I deleted a file which microsoft defender said its virus, now I press "start actions" and nothing happens also I cant delete defender scan history, here's video and pictures what I mean: Imgur: The magic of the Internetunknown 2023 12 24 14 52 - YouTube...
  4. Windows Defender Never Starts Scanning Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Never Starts Scanning Files: So i saw google found a virus in a file i was trying to download but windows deleted it before finishing but even before that my windows defender gets stuck at 0 files scanned i am worried that a virus blocked it... what is says:Full scan runningEstimated time remaining...
  5. Windows Defender Never Starts Scanning Files

Windows Defender Never Starts Scanning Files: So i saw google found a virus in a file i was trying to download but windows deleted it before finishing but even before that my windows defender gets stuck at 0 files scanned i am worried that a virus blocked it... what is says:Full scan runningEstimated time remaining...
  6. Windows Defender Never Starts Scanning Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. MSI Afterburner failed to start scanning [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    MSI Afterburner failed to start scanning [Fix]: [IMG]MSI Afterburner OC Scanner is a software application that can facilitate overclocking the graphics card, specifically the Graphical Processing Unit (GPU). Since Overclocking can harm the life of a GPU due to heat, software is needed to monitor its health. MSI Afterburner...
  8. Win 11 - Windows Defender Doesn't Start an Offline Scan After Rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 - Windows Defender Doesn't Start an Offline Scan After Rebooting: Hello,I'm using Win-11 Home edition, and everything is updated, and I wanted to run an offline windows defender scan but it doesn't work.After choosing the offline scan option and hitting "Yes", my laptop restarts but the offline scan doesn't start... instead, it's starting...
  9. Win 11 - Windows Defender Doesn't Start an Offline Scan After Rebooting

Win 11 - Windows Defender Doesn't Start an Offline Scan After Rebooting: Hello,I'm using Win-11 Home edition, and everything is updated, and I wanted to run an offline windows defender scan but it doesn't work.After choosing the offline scan option and hitting "Yes", my laptop restarts but the offline scan doesn't start... instead, it's starting...
  10. Every start up on my windows 10, it scans my drive C

Every start up on my windows 10, it scans my drive C: I did everything i saw in the internet including Chkdsk C: /f /r /x, it is still there, and i did the fsutil dirty query c: , it says my volume is dirty. I did defender scan but no threats. This happens when I press the power button to turn off but i cant see any solutions to...