Windows 10: Scanning External Storage

Discus and support Scanning External Storage in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I scan a flash drive for viruses? Or any external storage device?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TXSM, Jan 26, 2020.

1. TXSM Win User

Scanning External Storage

How do I scan a flash drive for viruses? Or any external storage device?

:)

2. JoeJY Win User

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

I have Defender Windows 10. I tried using custom scan to select and scan external drives. The screen listing the drives comes up, but the "OK" button remains grayed out so unable to scan any of the drives listed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Brian Cab Win User

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Jan 26, 2020
  4. JoeJY Win User

I tried the custom scan in Defender Windows 10. It brings up the list of drives but the "OK" button remains grayed out when I select any drive in the list, so still unable to scan external drives... Any suggestion would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Scanning External Storage - Similar Threads - Scanning External Storage

2. external storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external storage: I have an ebook connected via usb but when I try to back up files to it I can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-storage/05d593e9-1751-430f-b8ea-5f508bc15fe2
  3. external storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external storage: I have an ebook connected via usb but when I try to back up files to it I can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-storage/05d593e9-1751-430f-b8ea-5f508bc15fe2
  4. external storage

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. External storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External storage: Connected an external storage device but no wav files are being shown for my music media. Drive is being recognised but no files found. Help?***Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Hardware and network/Xbox on Windows***...
  6. EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT OPENING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT OPENING: I got this message after connecting an external hard disk to my PC. Initially, I got missing drivers message after troubleshooting and the system got a driver update done after restarting but now getting this error.Device USB\VID_2109&PID_0711\000000123AD0 had a problem...
  7. EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT OPENING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT OPENING: I got this message after connecting an external hard disk to my PC. Initially, I got missing drivers message after troubleshooting and the system got a driver update done after restarting but now getting this error.Device USB\VID_2109&PID_0711\000000123AD0 had a problem...
  8. EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT OPENING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. External Storage Dynamicinvalid

External Storage Dynamicinvalid: Hi, One of my external storage HDD is showing a dynamic invalid in Check Disk. And I can't access the data. I am able to convert it into basic but data will be loss. I want to know how can I take backup of Dynamic invalid disk. Thank you...
  10. Storage external HD

Storage external HD: I downloaded the window10 installation disk in my Hard Disk-external, thereafter I could not see my other files on the drive and the display size of the disk is showing 40GB, the Original size of the disk is 1TB. How could I reover my HD? I have delated downloaded window 10...