Windows 10: Scanning images with "PaintShop Pro"

Discus and support Scanning images with "PaintShop Pro" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello,On my pc I have an old program "PaintShop Pro". I use it as image editor and it suits me. There is also a scanner connected to the computer, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Motim Win User

Scanning images with "PaintShop Pro"

Hello,On my pc I have an old program "PaintShop Pro". I use it as image editor and it suits me. There is also a scanner connected to the computer, I can scan straight from the program. After upgrade to 1803 version I noticed when trying to scan from the program, it crashes. Once tried to run the program as administrator I noticed I have two options to select the scanning source. It still is the same scanner.The program works fine when I select "CanoScan Lide...", if I run the program as simple user I do not have this option.Attached here a screenshot to clarify it.I tried to reinstall the program, and the scanner's driver, still I do not know from where this "WIA CanoScan..." came.looked in list of all drivers, did not find it. Tried to make the "PaintShop.." run always as admin, could not.How do I make it run always as admin when I click on the shortcut, or how to remove this "WIA...".Answers will be appreciatedThanks

:)

Motim, Jul 15, 2019

2. Windows Fax and Scan - changing scanner

Thanks, Andre, and thanks for the screenshots. I deleted all my scanners except one (the
    Epson WF-7720 MFC). Windows Fax & Scan still tried to use another scanner, even though it was no longer showing on the Windows 10 Printers & Scanners screen nor the Device manager > Printers list. I found that scanner
    hiding in Device Manager > Imaging Devices and deleted it there.

Now when I try to start a scan, Windows Fax and Scan says "No scanners were detected..." Same error message when I use Ethan's Tools > Scan Settings suggestion. After that
    error message there is no screen to change/choose a scanner. Arghh.

Note that I can use the Epson scanner just fine with most other software:

• Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [32 bit] File > Import > From Scanner or Camera says "There appears to be no camera, scanner...present..."
    • Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [32 bit] File > Import > TWAIN source > Select Source lists all my scanners (and a webcam Scanning images with "PaintShop Pro" :) and I can select my Epson and scan OK.
    • Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [64 bit] File > Import > From Scanner or Camera says "There appears to be no camera, scanner...present..."
    • Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [64 bit] File > Import > TWAIN source > Select Source lists nothing. Apparently, that is a known bug in the 64 bit version. Maybe that is
      a clue why Windows Fax and Scan can't see my scanner?
    • Epson Scan 2 works (it should; it came with the Epson WF-7720 MFC). Strangely, it lists two scanners: "Epson WF-7710/7720 Series(Network 01)" and "Epson
      WF-7710/7720 Series(Network 02)".
    • NAPS2 ("Not Another PDF Scanner") has a Profiles button that shows my Epson scanner and scans OK. Interestingly, when I use that Profiles button to add a new scanner and select WIA driver, nothing is listed. When I
      select TWAIN Driver, I see the Windows Select Source screen that lists all my scanners (and a webcam Scanning images with "PaintShop Pro" :) (just like PaintShop Pro above). Maybe Windows Fax and Scan only sees WIA devices and not TWAIN devices??

David the IT Guy, Jul 15, 2019
  3. Unable to install Paintshop Pro 2019 on win 7 computer.

Error msg System has not been modified when I tried to install newly purchased PaintShop Pro 2019 on win 7 computer. Thanks for any suggestions.

RudyMiller1, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Scanning images with "PaintShop Pro"

Problems getting PaintShop Pro 3X to work with Windows10

I have been using PaintShop Photo Pro X3 for several years with no problems. I bought a new computer a few months ago with Windows8.1 and my PaintShop X3 turned out not compatible. When I got the free update for Windows10 my hopes were high. I reinstalled
    PaintShop X3 and it still wasn't compatible. The only PaintShop Pro I have found that works for me is an old copy of PaintShop Pro 8. Is there a fix for this ?

Frank Neal, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Scanning images with "PaintShop Pro"

1. Scanning images with "PaintShop Pro" - Similar Threads - Scanning images PaintShop

2. Installing Paintshop Pro 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Paintshop Pro 2023: I keep receiving the following notification each time I try to upgrade to PSP 2023. Can anyone understand this? PSP seem unable to advise. Not sure if this is a Windows fault or not....
  3. Installing Paintshop Pro 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Paintshop Pro 2023: I keep receiving the following notification each time I try to upgrade to PSP 2023. Can anyone understand this? PSP seem unable to advise. Not sure if this is a Windows fault or not....
  4. Downloading paintshop pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading paintshop pro: I have my old Paintshop Pro X2 and a new computer that has no disk drive. How do I download it using my serial number etc.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-paintshop-pro/aa885e76-e7cb-4334-a696-ff4eb1db9f62
  5. Lost Plugin / Filter for "PaintShop Pro"

Lost Plugin / Filter for "PaintShop Pro": Hello,This is not a Windows question. But I was searching the whole evening all over the internet and found nothing.So I will ask your forgiveness if I ask it here.I had in "PaintShop Pro" program some filter / plugin to make frames like the one in attached picture which I...
  6. Corel PaintShop Pro X6

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corel PaintShop Pro X6: Corel PaintShop Pro X6 came free with my computer so I don't have a installation disk or a link from a email. You just entered the codes and it installed as far as I can remember. Up until yesterday it worked find and was perfect for my needs. This morning a screen popped...
  7. Scanning images with "PaintShop Pro"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning images with "PaintShop Pro": Hello,On my pc I have an old program "PaintShop Pro". I use it as image editor and it suits me. There is also a scanner connected to the computer, I can scan straight from the program. After upgrade to 1803 version I noticed when trying to scan from the program, it crashes....
  8. Working together with coral paintshop pro 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Working together with coral paintshop pro 2019: When i work with Coral paintshop pro 2019 the fucntion cloning does not work correctly When i use the rightkclick the fucntion automaticly changes to the wisser. I can change it bij deleting all prefers on the tablet but i hadcloning does not word correct. Bij a next...
  9. Corel PaintShop Pro mouse scrolling preferences

Corel PaintShop Pro mouse scrolling preferences: Hi, I have a question about Corel PaintShop Pro. Seems to happen in any version of it. In Windows 7, that I've been using prior to 10, in PaintShop, when you would click on any drop menu or resize bar, you could use mouse scroll wheel to change among the layers styles, change...
  10. Problem opening Corel Paintshop Pro software

Problem opening Corel Paintshop Pro software: I have a photo editing software that I use, Corel Paintshop Pro X5 that was not loading, it would stay stuck on the "Starting Up" screen. After contacting their support, they indicated that it was no longer supported by Windows 10 and that I should upgrade to X9. (Even though...