Windows 10: Scanning into one PDF file

Discus and support Scanning into one PDF file in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know how to scan multiple pages into one PDF file using the Windows Scanner app. Any advice?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ErikaF_151, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Scanning into one PDF file

I don't know how to scan multiple pages into one PDF file using the Windows Scanner app.

Any advice?

:)

ErikaF_151, Mar 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 Scan App - PDF File Sizes Too Large

Hi Teja,

There are several reasons why the scanned file as PDF gets too large. Here are the most common causes:

• Dot Per Inch (DPI) - Most scanners will use 300 DPI for scanning images, which is the minimum DPI for the images that were printed after scanning. However, 72 DPI should be already enough for a PDF that is for screen reading.
    • Saving the document as colored - Use black and white instead of color when scanning images to lessen file size. Make sure that any color settings such as
      Color Depth are also decreased.
    If the suggestions have been tried but the PDF file size is still too large, the next option is to check the PDF software that is performing the conversion itself.

Let us know if you were able to lessen the PDF file sizes using the suggestions above or if you need further assistance.

Eileen Gal, Mar 18, 2020
  3. How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Scanning into one PDF file

Searching in PDF?

Hey guys, I need to look up a large list of data from a PDF file, basically just to check if each entry of the list is in the pdf. Is there some way to do this without having to check one by one?

ebolamonkey3, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Scanning into one PDF file

1. Scanning into one PDF file - Similar Threads - Scanning PDF file

2. Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file: I'm using Windows Fax and Scan in Windows 11. I want to put 5 scanned pages in 1 PDF file. After having scanned the 5 pages I select them and want to print to a PDF. However when I select 1 file I can select "Print". As soon as I select 2 or more files the "Print" option can...
  3. Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file: I'm using Windows Fax and Scan in Windows 11. I want to put 5 scanned pages in 1 PDF file. After having scanned the 5 pages I select them and want to print to a PDF. However when I select 1 file I can select "Print". As soon as I select 2 or more files the "Print" option can...
  4. Scanning Multipage Documents into one PDF using Windows Scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning Multipage Documents into one PDF using Windows Scan: I just switched to a new computer and Windows 10. The software for scanning that came with my Canon Pixma multifunction printer doesn't seem to work in Windows 10. I am using Windows Scan instead. But I can't figure out how to scan multi-page documents into one PDF file. This...
  5. Scanning as a pdf file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanning as a pdf file.: I have Microsoft 10. My Windows fax and Scan will not offer me the option to scan documents as pdf nor to save them as such once scanned. I have tried the option of uninstalling and reinstalling but this has not helped. \i would be grateful for any ideas...
  6. Scanning documents to PDF file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scanning documents to PDF file: How can I get documents to scan to a pdf file instead of the GIF, BITMAP, or PNG, These are the only options available in the scan application. I need to be able to scan documents and save them in a PDF format....
  7. Scan to PDF

Scan to PDF: Why doesn't my scanner have a file type of PDF? I wanted to scan a document to a PDF file and attach to an e-mail. And, it's a pretty big file. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-to-pdf/392dda99-0855-4978-90d6-bc123c60657f"
  8. Scan Multiple pages and Save to PDF File

Scan Multiple pages and Save to PDF File: Hey I have MFC-L3710CW Printer/Scanner and can not figure out how to scan multiple pages to one file and save it as PDF. My old computer I would just be able to scan it by hitting the scan button on my printer/scanner and it would scan right into a PDF file. Now with my...
  9. Scan to PDF

Scan to PDF: Why can I not scan to a .pdf file? Is it possible to scan multiples pages into one document? I don't see an option to make that happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-to-pdf/0d2d5cd1-f78e-48ca-b40c-04c0de4d33a4
  10. Scanning to a Searchable PDF file

Scanning to a Searchable PDF file: For years I have used my HP Photosmart 2570 All in One Printer to scan printed documents to a searchable PDF file often--at least once a week. That device is now showing signs of its age and begs to be replaced. I have been looking at all sorts of printers/scanners and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can windows fax & scan combines multiple pages into one pdf file?

2. can windows fax & scan combine 2-page document into one pdf file?

3. how to scan multiple page document in Windows Scan App