Windows 10: Scanning on Brother machine to W 10

Discus and support Scanning on Brother machine to W 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Cannot link Brother MFC-L8690CDW to PC using Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelHornby, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Scanning on Brother machine to W 10

Cannot link Brother MFC-L8690CDW to PC using Windows 10

:)

MichaelHornby, Feb 11, 2019
  2. GinasHW Win User

Brother MFC-J6535DW All in 1. Can print, cannot scan with new laptop

Having trouble getting my scanner function to work with new computer after installing the wireless printer/scanner/fax/copy machine. Printer is working fine, but scan function will not work. Running Windows 10. Printer is Brother MFC-J6535DW

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gina

GinasHW, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Brother printer DCP 1610w not scanning to my computer

Hi Linden,

Outdated scanner driver is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to scan using your Brother DCP 1610W printer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Have you tried to download and install the latest driver for your printer from the manufacturer's website?
    • Do you receive any error messages?
    • What program are you using to scan files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Scanning on Brother machine to W 10

Scan documents/pic dissapear

Hi Giridhar:

Thanks for your such a prompt reply.

(1) Answering your question on how I was doing the scan?. I thought I was using Brother Printer software and not Windows built-in scan app. However my request for help with Brother Printer reads: " Because you are using Windows 10 built in drivers we would
    suggest powering off your machine disconnecting your USB cable, then powering your machine back on and connecting your USB cable. This should re-install your scanner drivers". did this.

(2) I had not heard from Bother Printer before I followed your suggestion to uninstall and install the software.

However this is where the "scans" are "hiding":

After doing steps (1) and (2) I was still looking for the output of my recent "scan" attempts as a few days earlier I did scan and found the "scan" saved in Pictures or in Documents. In my Document or Picture list there is no "scan" heading.
    Somehow I felt the "scan" could not just get lost.

In File Explorer I noticed the "search" possibility. Here I typed "scan" for the search. Immediately there popped up a list of "scan" activity ( goes back some years) with "scan modification and date" heading.
    On 10/17/2015 there was a modification, and under this were the
    missing scans, saved under
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC icon with a number (no title, after I did scans in Win 7 there was an option to type in a Title.

I do not remember downloading Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
    on 10/17/2015.
    If something popped from Adobe I could have clicked on it.

surjitsinghUC, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Scanning on Brother machine to W 10

1. Scanning on Brother machine to W 10 - Similar Threads - Scanning Brother machine

2. Brother MFC 746DN - Scanning with Blue tint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother MFC 746DN - Scanning with Blue tint: Have a Brothers MFC-7460DN. When scanning the pages come out with a faint blue background. Any Ideas?Thanks, Brad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-mfc-746dn-scanning-with-blue-tint/2be377d4-43b3-494c-8bee-b55c6b27a566
  3. Brother MFC 490CW Scanning Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother MFC 490CW Scanning Problem: I have a Brother MFC 490CW all-in-one using Windows 11. My unit is malfunctioning in the Scan to Email, Scan to OCR, Scan to Image functions. However, the Scan to File option is working.In comparing the Windows 10 versus Windows 11 software download offerings for this model...
  4. Brother MFC 490CW Scanning Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother MFC 490CW Scanning Problem: I have a Brother MFC 490CW all-in-one using Windows 11. My unit is malfunctioning in the Scan to Email, Scan to OCR, Scan to Image functions. However, the Scan to File option is working.In comparing the Windows 10 versus Windows 11 software download offerings for this model...
  5. Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.: Brother told me to delete 10 software updates KB 4560960 and KB 4557957 to get my printer to work again. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-no-longer-prints-but-it-will-scan/3e4ed02b-fba5-47c2-b84c-db91caffdf37
  6. Application crash - Brother iPrint & Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application crash - Brother iPrint & Scan: Just bought and installed a new Brother multi-function printer to replace a broken Canon printer. Installed the full and updated package from their website and the printer is working fine. The scanning function works as well. But when I install the bundled software "Brother...
  7. Connecting Brother Printer to Windows 10 machine

Connecting Brother Printer to Windows 10 machine: I have a Brother MFC 7360 printer that i'm trying to connect to a Windows 10 machine. When i try and download the Brother software i get to the point of connecting the cable to the printer and the pc. Nothing happens the download does not commence. When i look in device...
  8. Application crash - Brother iPrint & Scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application crash - Brother iPrint & Scan: Just bought and installed a new Brother multi-function printer tro replace a broken Canon printer. Installed the drivers and the printer is working fine. The scanned function works as well. But when I install "Brother iPrint & Scan", which is a software package that gives...
  9. Application crash - Brother iPrint & Scan

Application crash - Brother iPrint & Scan: Just bought and installed a new Brother multi-function printer tro replace a broken Canon printer. Installed the drivers and the printer is working fine. The scanned function works as well. But when I install "Brother iPrint & Scan", which is a software package that gives...
  10. NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500

in Windows 10 Support
    NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500: I have an antique Brother MFC 8500 running after not using it for many years. The drivers are native to W1O so that is okay. My problem is not getting it to scan a multiple page batch. I finally caught on that in the front end when they say "single scan" they mean one run...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brother dcp-1610w scanner does not seem to be connected to computer. printer working fine