Windows 10: Scanning on Brother machine to W 10

Discus and support Scanning on Brother machine to W 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Cannot link Brother MFC-L8690CDW to PC using Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelHornby, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Scanning on Brother machine to W 10

Cannot link Brother MFC-L8690CDW to PC using Windows 10

:)

MichaelHornby, Feb 11, 2019
  2. GinasHW Win User

Brother MFC-J6535DW All in 1. Can print, cannot scan with new laptop

Having trouble getting my scanner function to work with new computer after installing the wireless printer/scanner/fax/copy machine. Printer is working fine, but scan function will not work. Running Windows 10. Printer is Brother MFC-J6535DW

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gina

GinasHW, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Brother printer DCP 1610w not scanning to my computer

Hi Linden,

Outdated scanner driver is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to scan using your Brother DCP 1610W printer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Have you tried to download and install the latest driver for your printer from the manufacturer's website?
    • Do you receive any error messages?
    • What program are you using to scan files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Scanning on Brother machine to W 10

Scan documents/pic dissapear

Hi Giridhar:

Thanks for your such a prompt reply.

(1) Answering your question on how I was doing the scan?. I thought I was using Brother Printer software and not Windows built-in scan app. However my request for help with Brother Printer reads: " Because you are using Windows 10 built in drivers we would
    suggest powering off your machine disconnecting your USB cable, then powering your machine back on and connecting your USB cable. This should re-install your scanner drivers". did this.

(2) I had not heard from Bother Printer before I followed your suggestion to uninstall and install the software.

However this is where the "scans" are "hiding":

After doing steps (1) and (2) I was still looking for the output of my recent "scan" attempts as a few days earlier I did scan and found the "scan" saved in Pictures or in Documents. In my Document or Picture list there is no "scan" heading.
    Somehow I felt the "scan" could not just get lost.

In File Explorer I noticed the "search" possibility. Here I typed "scan" for the search. Immediately there popped up a list of "scan" activity ( goes back some years) with "scan modification and date" heading.
    On 10/17/2015 there was a modification, and under this were the
    missing scans, saved under
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC icon with a number (no title, after I did scans in Win 7 there was an option to type in a Title.

I do not remember downloading Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
    on 10/17/2015.
    If something popped from Adobe I could have clicked on it.

surjitsinghUC, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Scanning on Brother machine to W 10

1. Scanning on Brother machine to W 10 - Similar Threads - Scanning Brother machine

2. NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500: I have an antique Brother MFC 8500 running after not using it for many years. The drivers are native to W1O so that is okay. My problem is not getting it to scan a multiple page batch. I finally caught on that in the front end when they say "single scan" they mean one run...
  3. NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500

in Windows 10 Support
    NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500: I have an antique Brother MFC 8500 running after not using it for many years. The drivers are native to W1O so that is okay. My problem is not getting it to scan a multiple page batch. I finally caught on that in the front end when they say "single scan" they mean one run...
  4. trying to installing brother mfc-7360n printer on window 10 64 machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trying to installing brother mfc-7360n printer on window 10 64 machine: downloaded full driver set from brother for the printer. click yes on install it recognizes the printer click yes to install and it start installing about a quarter of the way and I get a feature transfer error...
  5. Brothers Printer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brothers Printer: How can I get my printer out of the sleep mode. I have turned it off and unplugged. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brothers-printer/0c169bef-076e-4dac-807e-5de947a33d1a
  6. Unable to scan from Brother DCP-145C printer

Unable to scan from Brother DCP-145C printer: I need to scan some papers... [for a refund of $ 350,-... which I urgently need] ... but my printer doesn't scan. I try to install Brother driver software (W10 compatible) but the install program says the USB cable is not plugged in [which is incorrect] , in other...
  7. Brother DCP-145C won't scan. I cannot install Brother's driver software. Hijacked by W10 !!

Brother DCP-145C won't scan. I cannot install Brother's driver software. Hijacked by W10 !!: I need to scan some papers... [for a refund of $ 350,-... which I urgently need] ... but my printer doesn't scan. I try to install Brother driver software (W10 compatible) but the install program says the USB cable is not plugged in [which is incorrect] , in other...
  8. Brother printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother printers: Hi, I am a new Surface Go user - loving it so far. Just had a small hiccup installing a printer driver for my wireless printer. I've checked the Brother website, which shows my printer, HL-2270DW, is compatible with Windows 10 s, but the driver download is not available as...
  9. w a l w a r e problem, can't scan nor instal anti program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    w a l w a r e problem, can't scan nor instal anti program: Dears, i seem to have m a l w a r e on my laptop. i have runned windows defender full scan, offline scan and as extra norton anti-virus. Doens't finds anything. After that i tried looking for a anti m a l w a r e program but the moment i use m a l w a r e as 1 word in...
  10. Desktop can't scan from Brother all in one

Desktop can't scan from Brother all in one: I had an all in one Canon that would print but when I tried to scan it would say scanning but not start. Program would say scanner not detected/turned on etc. Thinking printer was bad I bought a new Brother all in one and same thing. I have uninstalled/reinstalled over and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brother dcp-1610w scanner does not seem to be connected to computer. printer working fine