Windows 10: scanning permissions

Discus and support scanning permissions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; the windows fax and scan utility can't start up because it can't access the documents folder, where it saves the scans. then I tried the windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shmu26, Aug 3, 2015.

1. shmu26 Win User

scanning permissions

the windows fax and scan utility can't start up because it can't access the documents folder, where it saves the scans.

then I tried the windows 10 scan app. It saves by default to the pictures folder. It, too, could not save to the default location. but I discovered that I can set it to save to desktop, and that works. But it forgets my choice as soon as I close the app.
    I am the owner of these folders. Why can't my apps access them? I checked documents properties, and I have full permissions.

:)

shmu26, Aug 3, 2015
  2. rjobdee Win User

Canon PIXMA MG 3200 Series Error Message

Hi Tony,

Using a different Canon scanner model and configure with IJ Scan Utility, by default when scanning using the MG3200 series control panel it sends a request to execute IJ Scan to process and save the scanned image to the nominated folder (default value is
    Document folder)

To test, as I already have Admin permission, if I change the security permission for Documents folder to Deny Read & Execute/Read/Write/List Folder Contents and tried to initiate a scan from the scanner (by pressing the button) it comes up with 'Code: 9,244,3
    You do not have the required privileges to access the specified folder'

Possible with the symptoms that you currently have may be related to Access Permission for the folder.

scanning permissions [​IMG]

Another thing that you can try is create a new folder where the scanned image will be saved and check the permission

rjobdee, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Pete_K_64 Win User
    Unable to save file in winddows 10

I have upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10.

I have Administrator permission on the computer.

I tried to save a scan in a file that I created in my pictures using the Scan app. During the save I received a message that I do not have permission to save the file in that location. However, it then defaults a save to my desktop from where I can move
    it to the file.

As far as I can see I have the necessary permissions to access the file from the scan app.

Pete_K_64, Aug 3, 2015
  4. shmu26 Win User

scanning permissions

the windows fax and scan utility wants to save files in the Scanned Documents folder inside Documents.
    I shared Scanned Documents with homegroup, and now the windows fax and scan utility starts up again.

shmu26, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

scanning permissions

1. scanning permissions - Similar Threads - scanning permissions

2. I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...: Screen shot Attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-scan-a-file-but-not-save-in-default-folder-in/0625891b-b953-4668-8ad1-bb235ef997ec
  3. I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...: Screen shot Attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-scan-a-file-but-not-save-in-default-folder-in/0625891b-b953-4668-8ad1-bb235ef997ec
  4. How to get permission to open scans and quarantine folder in Microsoft defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get permission to open scans and quarantine folder in Microsoft defender: Hello,I have windows 11.There are many threats named win 32 in my pc and windows defender is not able to remove the threat. So I thought to go with custom delete but windows not giving me permission to open scan folder in windows defender please help me....
  5. How to get permission to open scans and quarantine folder in Microsoft defender

How to get permission to open scans and quarantine folder in Microsoft defender: Hello,I have windows 11.There are many threats named win 32 in my pc and windows defender is not able to remove the threat. So I thought to go with custom delete but windows not giving me permission to open scan folder in windows defender please help me....
  6. Why am I unable to change the permissions on the scans folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why am I unable to change the permissions on the scans folder?: So I got a notification from windows defender for a threat named "PUA:Win32/Presenoker". I searched on youtube on how to remove it and as I was following the tutorial, they accessed a folder called "Scans" and I tried opening said folder but to my surprise I was unable to...
  7. Why am I unable to change the permissions on the scans folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I unable to change the permissions on the scans folder?: So I got a notification from windows defender for a threat named "PUA:Win32/Presenoker". I searched on youtube on how to remove it and as I was following the tutorial, they accessed a folder called "Scans" and I tried opening said folder but to my surprise I was unable to...
  8. Why am I unable to change the permissions on the scans folder?

9. How configure permission scan dir and files without reading the files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How configure permission scan dir and files without reading the files: Hi, how can I configure Windows to allow scanning and display permissions of directories, subdirectories and files on an entire volume so that the contents of files cannot be viewed/read or changed at the same time? icacls ? but how ? [Version 10.0.19043.1083] Thx, J. 183447
  10. Grant permission to Brother iPrint&Scan software to save to my Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Grant permission to Brother iPrint&Scan software to save to my Documents folder: I just setup a new Brother ADS-1250W scanner on my Surface Pro 6, Windows 10 64-bit system. I'm using the scanning software Brother iPrint&Scan. I can save scanned files to OneDrive no problem. But when I try to save to my Documents folder, I get this error message:...