Windows 10: scanning software for my HP printer

Discus and support scanning software for my HP printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I download scanning software for my HP printer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ElizabethCavazos, Dec 1, 2018.

1. scanning software for my HP printer

How do I download scanning software for my HP printer?

:)

ElizabethCavazos, Dec 1, 2018
  2. ArtTrier Win User

HP All In One Printer/Scanner/FAX J6400 series - Can't scan w/Windows 10

I have done everything that you have suggested and Windows 10 still will not allow me to scan. All my HP drivers are current and the HP online help process indicates that my printer is fine and online. Any other suggestions?

ArtTrier, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Can't get my HP Printer to work on Windows 10

Greg,

I am having the same issues with my HP3600n Color LaserJet not working after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have followed your November 8th Post, details below:

Step 1 - Plug printer in by USB, power on printer, watch for animation in System Tray shown while searching for driver.

• There was no animation in the system try after plugging in the USB cable and powering on the printer.

Click on it to monitor driver install. It may ask to go to Windows Update to pull in the driver.

Step 2 - Type Devices and Printers in Start Search box, open location, do you see the printer there?

• Yes. The printer is listed.
    • Set as Default, if it won't print right click to Troubleshoot.
      • The printer responds to a print request but, instead of printing the sent job it prints out a PCL error as follows:
    PCL XL error

Subsystem KERNEL

Error: IllegalTag

Operator: 0x98

Position: 3

Step 4 - Typed "Update" in Start Search box, Check for Updates, install all including Recommended, expediting restart when requested, going back to Check for more until none are offered.

• Received notification "Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, 2:52 PM (it is now 2:52 PM)

Did the printer driver arrive? No.

Step 5 - Download the basic driver (if no scan) or software (if scanning needed) package for the printer from the HP Support Downloads webpage for your exact make/model. Install the software with the printer USB unplugged, wait for it to prompt to plug
    it in.

Let us know how this works. It may require a few extra steps.

HP Technical Support, Help, and Troubleshooting | HP® Customer Support

• Downloaded Dot4x64.msi from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

• Downloaded HP_CLJ3600_64Bit_HB.exe from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

So, at this point, I have followed all steps with no success. I can "see" the printer in Devices and Printers however, the printer ICON doesn't look like a HP3600n, it is the Windows default printer ICON. Normally when the properly drivers are installed
    the ICON is customized to look like the installed device or printer.

Do you have any other suggestions that I might try?

Thanks!

Dave Williams

David T. Williams, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Rebekaeve Win User

scanning software for my HP printer

2320 MFP - HP Multifunction Printer Will Not Scan in Windows 10

Have been troubleshooting my Multifunction (Print/Copy/Scan) HP Printer for the past week, since my upgrade to Windows 10. The print functions work great - with either drivers-only from Windows Update, or the Full Software from HP, but the scan functions
    do not work at all. Both worked in Windows 7 and when I checked compatibility with Windows 10, I was not warned of the incompatibility.

Have tried multiple steps, including uninstalling drivers and software (multiple times), running a scannow, running troubleshooters, and stopping/starting services that fall under the Windows Imaging Acquisition.

Here are some details of my steps:

• Uninstalling/Reinstalling Software and/or Drivers
      • Could only install software without errors if I had turned off UAC, completely removed all drivers and software, unplugged power and USB from my printer, disconnected my internet, and had just done a restart.
      • Using the software vs using drivers-only made no difference to the scan function but the software did open a dialog box to start the scan:
        • Error: "The software had trouble scanning or was cancelled. Please try again."
      • If try to initiate a scan manually from the printer:
        • Error: "Waiting for PC"

• Running a Scannow
      • opened an administrator cmd-prompt and typed "SFC /SCANNOW"
      • this took about 20 minutes and I tried it twice (before and after a restart)
      • it went through the entire process, but it could not fix all the errors it found
      • I looked at the log file that it produced, but it was extremely long, and I could not find anything that could help me
    • Stopping and Starting Windows Services
      • During the use of the HP Print and Scan Doctor,
        Found Here
        • I received a Windows error from within its troubleshooter:
          • Error: "Windows (WIA Scan) Error - Please save your work, and then close all applications. Remove power from your printer by pulling out the printer's power cord. Plug it back in, turn it back on and then click "Restart Computer." After
            the computer restarts, run this utility again.
        • I assume that it thought the WIA services were not running - but they were, so restarting did not help.
      • Next I went into Windows Services and had a look at the Windows Image Acquisition service"
        • It only lists one service dependency (properties - dependencies tab):
          • Remote Precedure Call (RPC), and two sub dependencies:
            • DCOM Server Process Launcher, and
            • RPC Endpoint Manager
        • Shell Hardware Detection was missing from this list; however, it was listed and running in the main services window
      • I stopped and started all of the services listed above (all were already running and set to automatic start-up)
      • Still no scan
      • Note: connecting my camera via usb captures all images as normal so WIA is working
    • Running the compatibility troubleshooter on my HP scan executable (hppscan8.exe)
      • "Issues found: Incompatible Program Detected"
        • "Fix program - hppscan8"
        • "Compatibility modes applied - Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)"
        • "Fix didn't work"
        • Note: the troubleshooter chose Vista, but I also ran it for Windows 7 (where it used to work) and got the exact same errors.
    When I have a look in Device Manager (HP software is installed), it appears as if the scan portion of my printer is installed under Imaging Devices. However, what I see listed here is "HP PNP Scan Null." Scan null sounds not very good to me, and when I go
    into Properties, I see "No drivers are installed for this device." Under the Events tab, I also see,

• "Device install requested"
    • "Device not migrated"
    • "Device installed (hppscnd.inf)
    • "Information - Device USB\VID_03F0&PID_5917&MI_00\6&2b15410&2&0000 requires further installation."
    I don't know why my scanner issues did not come up in the Windows 10 Upgrade Confirmation test. The hardware may be part of a larger piece of hardware, but it is listed in my device manager - meaning Windows Update had access to its hardware IDs and drivers
    during this test.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can get my MFP's scanner in working order, please let me know. I am concerned that my only option is to do a full reformat and reinstall my OS, but do I go back to Windows 7 or stick with Windows 10?

Thanks!!

Rebekaeve, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

scanning software for my HP printer

1. scanning software for my HP printer - Similar Threads - scanning software printer

2. HP DeskJet 2700e will not scan from printer .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP DeskJet 2700e will not scan from printer .: Print and Scan doctor says I am missing HP scan application software on my windows 10. Any ideas on how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-deskjet-2700e-will-not-scan-from-printer/1affcea2-1071-4a4b-8548-944c59e38bde
  3. HP Laser Multifunction Printer 137fnw not scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laser Multifunction Printer 137fnw not scanning: When trying to scan with an HP Laser MFP 137fnw the windows scanning app returns a message that the scanner should be connected. The printer is printing but the scanning option is not working under Windows 11...
  4. HP OfficeJet 7200 scanning software

HP OfficeJet 7200 scanning software: I have a HP OfficeJet 7210 All-in-One printer. Every time I get an update for window 10, I can no longer use my software HP to scan documents/pdf files.I believe it removes or changes printer drivers. This problem stated with Acrobat software changes or removing...
  5. Windows Scan software not capable to do the job from the HP scan software it is said to...

Windows Scan software not capable to do the job from the HP scan software it is said to...: My one-year-old HP Scanjet G3110 used to scan slides, four at the time and via the also installed Solution Centre processed them in to the usual nice .jpeg images. All that stopped about 1 jan 2021 and pressing the usual HP Solution Centre icon on the PC screen, now just...
  6. Unable to install HP Printer software.

Unable to install HP Printer software.: I tried this resolution: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/DIFxAPI-dll-missing-HP-4520-Envy/m-p/6349689#M120857 Still getting the following error message call to driverpackageinstalll return error - 536870347 for package c:\program files...
  7. Scanning HP printer

Scanning HP printer: I need your help. Can you point me in the right direction? I want to scan my printer. It is HP. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-hp-printer/3e8028e6-4e13-4b78-acf6-63e390cb696e
  8. Can't scan from my HP Photosmart Preumium printer

Can't scan from my HP Photosmart Preumium printer: can't scan to my computer from HP Photosmart printer...what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-scan-from-my-hp-photosmart-preumium-printer/12f1f68e-c90b-40a6-b96f-9a893b8ec897
  9. Hp printer prints but doesn't scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hp printer prints but doesn't scan: My Hp printer prints any file, photo, but doesn't scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-prints-but-doesnt-scan/4836ff7f-2d31-4c5e-844b-ca612cd81524
  10. My HP printer not scanning anymore

My HP printer not scanning anymore: My HP printer was scanning about a week ago. I didn't use it for a week now it says its not managing to the computer?? whats up with that? Joe Russo 37...