Windows 10: Scanning via Windows Control Panel asking for WIA driver

Discus and support Scanning via Windows Control Panel asking for WIA driver in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, desperately needing your help here. My problem is this: Whenever I want to use the scanning option in the Control Panel I get an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Silverglance, May 3, 2020.

1. Scanning via Windows Control Panel asking for WIA driver

Hey guys, desperately needing your help here. My problem is this: Whenever I want to use the scanning option in the Control Panel I get an error message which reads: "You need a WIA driver to use this device." After searching the internet for while I found out that this is probably related to something called "SMB 1.0", a software which is needed for that way of scanning, but no longer in use as it seems. With the help of an internet guide I reenabled it via the Windows Features panel. It worked perfectly fine on my Desktop-PC, but on my laptop this works only for a few days, sometimes even hours until it shows up the same problem. After deleting and enableing "SMB" solves this, but only every temporarily. I'm sick of having to doing this process again and again just to be able to scan, so I need a final solution to this. Using this Asus laptop and an Epson Xp-530 multifunction printer. Both have the latest drivers installed.

submitted by /u/Silverglance
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Silverglance, May 3, 2020

2. Can no longer scan from scanner-WIA driver..

Hi,

This error can be caused by an outdated driver. To properly instruct you on how to resolve the issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made to your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • What are the exact error messages that you're getting about resetting WIA driver?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?

A driver is a program that controls a device that is installed to your computer. Having an outdated driver causes functionality issues due to incompatibility. As your initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you update your drivers using the instructions
    on this
    link

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, May 3, 2020
  3. my pc is asking "wia driver"while scanning

my pc is asking "wia driver"while scanning.i am unable to scan the files

lokeshvara, May 3, 2020
  4. Scanning via Windows Control Panel asking for WIA driver

WIA scan Error with windows 10

Hi there,

• Yes I have the last driver
    • yes many times
    • We tried windows scan and another scan application both with the same result
    • Yes, we run the HP doctor diagnosis with the same result always problem with the WIA

VerónicaVarela, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Scanning via Windows Control Panel asking for WIA driver

1. Scanning via Windows Control Panel asking for WIA driver - Similar Threads - Scanning via Control

2. Error Handler Extension of WIA driver not called for Windows Scan App

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error Handler Extension of WIA driver not called for Windows Scan App: I have a WIA2 driver with Error Handler Extension. Error handler Extension dll displays error pop up on some condition during WIA scan. Error pop up displays properly when scanned from Windows Fax and Scan Application, but from Windows 10 Scan App pop up from WIA Error...
  3. WIA driver not working.

WIA driver not working.: My scanner will not work. It keeps saying I need a WIA driver. I have one. It is set to automatic. Microsoft says it is up to date and working, but I cannot change the settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers from Epson. I have turned off both computer and printer. No...
  4. WIA Scan error

WIA Scan error: I have an HP LaserJet Pro MFPM127fw all in one device print, scan, copy, fax that cannot copy or scan after a the last Windows 10 update. The HP Print scan doctor sends an error message that says "WIA Scan Error. Scanning cancelled by the user." The services mode of the...
  5. wia driver for my scan snap ix1500

wia driver for my scan snap ix1500: wia driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wia-driver-for-my-scan-snap-ix1500/64365d19-7b7a-4c2a-8cf5-1d2e078862c3
  6. audio control panel and drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    audio control panel and drivers: apologies for any confusion with my phrasing. i bought the behringer xenyx q802usb recently and it was working fine until i wanted to use it on fl studio. there were drivers already on windows that made it work i had to download better drivers to remove noise in the mix, but...
  7. via audio panel control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    via audio panel control: How I can get the Via audio control to adjust and change speakers configuration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/via-audio-panel-control/1d0fbc0e-5ee4-47b3-868c-1ca28897d82b
  8. Driver 260ci WIA

Driver 260ci WIA: Troubleshoot cannot fix this problem. What can I do ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-260ci-wia/fe3e8763-ef6f-497b-bead-c3fc5d6a0621
  9. WIA Driver

WIA Driver: Hi I am trying to get my Canon i-sensys MF4780W printer's scanner to work from my laptop. I get message WIA Driver required to perform this action. I have windows 10, 64 bit. My WIA driver is running. Please can I get some advice on this matter. Marinda...
  10. 260ci WIA driver (USB)

260ci WIA driver (USB): In WORD there are check marks on the side of most of my files and white Xs with a red back drop. I am not sure if this is a result of the driver message that says I have a driver problem. I'm only assuming the checks and Xs is a result of something else....