Windows 10: scanning - where do I find it on my computer

Discus and support scanning - where do I find it on my computer in Cortana to solve the problem; I have scanned three documents to my computer, but now can not seem to find them to attach to an email. Help! Technology challenged!... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by janekelly4, Feb 1, 2021.

1. scanning - where do I find it on my computer

I have scanned three documents to my computer, but now can not seem to find them to attach to an email. Help! Technology challenged!

:)

janekelly4, Feb 1, 2021

2. unable to scan to computer

My HP Envy 4524 printer set up using HP website and prints fine using wireless connection. However, when attempting a scan printer window message saying no computer found. I have read various suggestions indicating web scan may need to be enabled on
    my laptop, but the steps suggested could not be followed as I think they may refer to an earlier version of windows. Can anyone suggest how I might get my scan to computer enabled using windows 10?

BillNotley, Feb 1, 2021
  3. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

scanning - where do I find it on my computer

No scanning software in Windows 10 on new hp computer

Apologies for the late response and thank you for the details.

It is possible that it is caused by a
    corrupted
    or
    missing system files. We suggest that you try these
    methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there's any changes:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.  

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring or fix any corrupted files. To run the
    DISM tool, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 3: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

If the issue persists, try to
    unplug
    the cable connecting to your computer from the printer/scanner and turn if off. After a few seconds, plug it back again and check if your computer will download and install the
    drivers again. It is also possible that the driver for your printer was uninstalled and doing these simple troubleshooting may help you out.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

scanning - where do I find it on my computer

1. scanning - where do I find it on my computer - Similar Threads - scanning where find

2. Where do I find my question?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Where do I find my question?: Unable to login to computer. It asked me for a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-question/d4311767-ab16-4a23-9d9a-d81afbff227a
  3. Where do I find my question?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I find my question?: Unable to login to computer. It asked me for a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-question/d4311767-ab16-4a23-9d9a-d81afbff227a
  4. Where do I find Microsoft Store on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I find Microsoft Store on my computer?: Where do I find Microsoft Store on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-microsoft-store-on-my-computer/14251f5c-e0d4-42b8-9e24-9ecb3bbfe822
  5. Where do I find Microsoft Store on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do I find Microsoft Store on my computer?: Where do I find Microsoft Store on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-microsoft-store-on-my-computer/14251f5c-e0d4-42b8-9e24-9ecb3bbfe822
  6. Where do I find my collections?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I find my collections?: Using ONLY basic HUMAN English, please tell me WHERE I can find the "saved pictures" that I have "loaded", for use as my backgrounds.Remember: HUMAN English ONLY. NO computer code....
  7. Where do I find my collections?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do I find my collections?: Using ONLY basic HUMAN English, please tell me WHERE I can find the "saved pictures" that I have "loaded", for use as my backgrounds.Remember: HUMAN English ONLY. NO computer code....
  8. Where do I find my PIN number on the computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where do I find my PIN number on the computer?: Where do I find my PIN number on the computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-pin-number-on-the-computer/d63f5c9a-c9f0-4405-961e-abadb7cc2826
  9. where do i find my computer information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where do i find my computer information: where do i all information about my pc e.g. which processor etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-computer-information/f19cc64e-cc3c-44a6-a723-ede1d5ee1d46
  10. Where do I find a list of user accounts for my computer?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Where do I find a list of user accounts for my computer?: Dear @ausgumbie: if, as appears to be the case, the recommended solution worked for you, please mark this thread solved by clicking the green button at the top right of the window for this thread: [img] That way, other visitors to TenForums will know that your question...