Windows 10: Scanning with PaperPort then sending via e-mail through Outlook

Discus and support Scanning with PaperPort then sending via e-mail through Outlook in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use PaperPort to scan then I send the document to Outlook so I can email it. I'm not able to open the file to proof it once it's in email. I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Osage BeachSenior Center, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Scanning with PaperPort then sending via e-mail through Outlook

I use PaperPort to scan then I send the document to Outlook so I can email it. I'm not able to open the file to proof it once it's in email.

I use to be able to do this. I believe I lost my driver and it had to be reattached. It hasn't work after that.

I have a Copystar Kyrocera copier that I use to scan and send from.

Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Connecting to Outlook.com with apps and devices

:)

Osage BeachSenior Center, Oct 25, 2019

2. Outlook 2016 not sending e-mail

I am hoping that someone here is able to help. This morning Outlook 2016 was sending my e-mail again and sometime later it reverted to the server reported 452.4.1.0 try again later. I talked to a tech at my ISP but he was not helpful.

One thing I did notice is that when I write a new e-mail Outlook tells it not to deliver before May 21 5 PM. I uncheck that, try sending the message, get the same error and the do not send before May 21 5 PM is checked again. Maybe I have run across some sort of Outlook bug?

alkaufmann, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Oct 25, 2019
  4. CMOORE100 Win User

Scanning with PaperPort then sending via e-mail through Outlook

How to stop Win 10 with Outlook sending attachments as Winmail.dat

WIN 10 (64 bit) with OUTLOOK 2016 send E-Mails which some recipients are unable to open or read.

The problem most commonly encountered, to judge from many internet pleas for help, is that normal e-mail messages are sent and received satisfactorily but attachments – whatever their file extensions – are sometimes apparently not sent or not openable. There are also reports that some e-mail main texts are apparently not sent or not openable. This note is based specifically on WIN 10(64) plus OUTLOOK 2016, but my extensive reading for a solution has revealed that other WIN / OUTLOOK issue combinations also give rise to the same or similar problem. It may therefore well be possible that the following actions will also be of assistance with these.
    The root problem is that OUTLOOK sometimes encodes messages and/or attachments as WINMAIL.dat files and sends these. Many non-MS mail programs can not recognise and/or open these. WINMAIL.dat is a format used in times past for sending Rich Text Format (RTF) messages. I am uncertain why MS persists with this heritage I have found in limited testing that some ISPs seem to receive OUTLOOK attachments OK (because these are sent as their original files with “normal” extensions) whereas another ISP appears to prompt their conversion to WINMAIL.dat and then can not open them. I have, by the way, eliminated any possibility that the problem stems from my receiving computer. My accounts are of the “web based” type and I can open my E-mail boxes by web access direct to the ISP.
    My testing (not comprehensive) has shown that when OUTLOOK is used to send attachments to a Gmail.com account they are received OK but when the exact same attachments are sent to a BTInternet.com they are received as WINMAIL.dat encoded files. It is thus doubly unsatisfactory in that one can not rely on the receipt of attachments sometimes, but not always.
    Here are the 3 steps I took :- 1.. Modify the registry to inhibit generation of Winmail.dat files. To do this a.. Open program REGEDIT (Windows key plus R) b.. Go to Computer/ HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Office/16.0/Outlook/Preferences c.. Create a new DWORD(32bit) called Disable TNEF
    d.. Enter a value of 1 ie.0x00000001 (1) e.. Exit Regedit 2.. Set up OUTLOOK so as NOT to send messages in RTF format. a.. Open OUTLOOK b.. At top left SLCk the blue FILE tab. File page opens.
    c.. In list at LHS SLCk OPTIONS. d.. From OPTIONS find and SLCk MAIL. e.. In MAIL option scroll down to COMPOSE MESSAGES f.. Find CHANGE EDITING SETTINGS g.. Select PLAIN TEXT format option in box. (HTML option may also be OK but RICH TEXT FORMAT – RTF – must NOT be selected). h.. Close the MAIL options page(s).
    3.. Set up OUTLOOK not to auto-complete addressees and empty the auto complete cache. a.. Open OUTLOOK b.. At top left SLCk the blue FILE tab. File page opens. c.. In list at LHS SLCk OPTIONS. d.. From OPTIONS find and SLCk MAIL. e.. In MAIL option scroll down to COMPOSE MESSAGES
    f.. Select SEND MESSAGES section. g. UNCHECK box labelled “Use auto complete list to suggest names when typing To/cc/bcc lines”. h.. Find and SLCk the “Empty auto complete list” i.. SLCk YES in response to “ARE YOU SURE” pop-up box j.. There is no apparent response to step i. k.. Close OUTLOOK mail option page(s). l.. For good measure re-start the PC.

Notes : i.. At step 3e with OUTLOOK 2013 scroll to SENDING MESSAGES section. ii.. In OUTLOOK 2003 and 2007 for procedure section 2 : iia.. Access OPTIONS from the tools menu iib.. Click MAIL FORMAT tab iic.. Click INTERNET FORMAT iid. Under Outlook Rich Text Options click either Convert to HTML format or Convert to Plain Text format. Get rid of any reference to RTF.
    iii. This note is written based on Win 10(64bit) plus Outlook 2016. Other OS/Outlook versions may vary in function and detail.
    iv.. Some versions of OUTLOOK provide for the message sending format to be varied between addressees in the address book. To check for this each address book entry needs to be examined from its PROPERTIES values. These should be opened and set to HTML or PLAIN TEXT and never RTF (or TNEF). v.. With my problem the solution was achieved after step 3. It appears that the auto-complete cache “remembers” previous settings and hence it needs to be deleted.
    vi.. Step 3 was the vital action and was kindly contributed by Caledon Ken at TEN FORUMS I will mark the thread as resolved after further evaluation, but am highly optimistic. .

CMOORE100, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Scanning with PaperPort then sending via e-mail through Outlook

1. Scanning with PaperPort then sending via e-mail through Outlook - Similar Threads - Scanning PaperPort sending

2. Outlook e-mails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook e-mails: My e-mails will not download from AOL into my Outlook. Also, I am having an issue with attachments to my e-mails in Outlook. When I click on the attachment, I get the following error message: Your organization's polices are preventing us from completing this action for you....
  3. Outlook e-mails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook e-mails: My e-mails will not download from AOL into my Outlook. Also, I am having an issue with attachments to my e-mails in Outlook. When I click on the attachment, I get the following error message: Your organization's polices are preventing us from completing this action for you....
  4. scan to e-mail

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scan to e-mail: Fujitsu Scansnap will not scan to e-mail on one system. Windows 10 pro 64. email is outlook 2019 pro plus. Multiple scansnap scanners fail on this system. Same scanners work on other Windows 10 Pro systems with same email client. All updates installed for Microsoft and...
  5. sending e .mails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sending e .mails: hello I just cant send any e.mails I can receive , ,,, but get no-where sending thank-you roger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-e-mails/4c8be193-d0b2-44ea-bc4a-0bafd25da1a2
  6. Sending photos from photo program via e-mail

Sending photos from photo program via e-mail: Suddenly I cannot send pictures from the Windows 10 photo program via e-mail. I follow all the steps to share and the e-mail is not shown as sent in my e-mail account and the recepient does not receive the photo. Prior to this the photos program stopped sending to Facebook...
  7. sending e-mails

sending e-mails: I am receiving e-mail but am unable to write new, reply to, forward e-mails. When pressing the appropriate icon nothing happens, the system also is slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-e-mails/72690f48-b4d5-4029-b383-b00791059cd6
  8. scan to e-mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    scan to e-mail: When I try to scan a copy to e-mail it says check e-mail client settings. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-to-e-mail/4ea9fa77-5cb7-4ef7-be50-9cb2d4c12ef4
  9. can't send e mails through live mail to yahoo.com

can't send e mails through live mail to yahoo.com: Have been trying to send an e mail with attachment to yahoo reciepent using live mail will not send, not computer literate, so would appreciate any help. Thank you Lyle...
  10. Outlook 2016 not sending e-mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 not sending e-mail: Outlook 2016 has suddenly stopped sending out my e-mail, it keeps reporting the server responded 452.4.1.0 the requested action aborted. Try again later. I tried a lot of things yesterday even re-installing Office and nothing fixed this problem. I called my Internet Service...