Windows 10: Scanning

Discus and support Scanning in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Scanning function not working after upgrade to Windows 10 - nothing suggested has worked so far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Scott Palma, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Scanning

Scanning function not working after upgrade to Windows 10 - nothing suggested has worked so far

:)

Scott Palma, Aug 13, 2019

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Aug 13, 2019
  3. avemaria Win User
    right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Scanning

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Scanning

1. Scanning - Similar Threads - Scanning

2. sfc scan errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc scan errors: ok so no matter how many times I fresh install windows 1809 even I have TWO iso of same version sfc always says this can anyone tell why so and it is always I installed 10 times 9 times sfc had errors [img] 139012
  3. Scan file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan file type: I have windows 10 and HP printer MFP M377dw. from windows scan app, I am not able to choose scanned file format to PDF. kindly guide me how can I do that or can I do that or not....
  4. Scanning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scanning: I would like to change the folder that my scanned documents are received. They currently are saved to "pictures" I would like to have a folder named scan anyone know where and how to do this?...
  5. Where can I find a log file for the Windows Defender Offline scan?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where can I find a log file for the Windows Defender Offline scan?: I've run the Windows Defender Offline scan. It finishes, but I don't know what the result is. Does it produce a log file& where can I find it? I thought that I had found the answer in microsoft forums, but all links with the answers don't go anywhere...
  6. When I run a Custom Windows Custom Scan, Computer shuts down

When I run a Custom Windows Custom Scan, Computer shuts down: Recently my laptop has started shutting down when I run a custom (not quick) Virus & Threat Protection Scan. I am using Windows 10 on a ASUS laptop. The scan I did on a removable hard drive did this again tonight and when I restarted I received a message about SYSTEM THREAD...
  7. im trying to scan and error message says i need a wia driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    im trying to scan and error message says i need a wia driver: when i try to scan from my desktop like i always have before. now i just started getting an error message saying i need a WIA driver (windows pro 10 64 bit) ) Printer is a Brother MFC-J485DW)...
  8. cant find my scan

cant find my scan: set up my printer to scan, now I cant find it on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-scan/e9e722fd-43e0-4dc6-9abf-7e5a22c5fbc7"
  9. the last scan date, intermittently reverts back to an earlier date

the last scan date, intermittently reverts back to an earlier date: why would windows 10 / update and security / windows security / virus & threat protection / current threats - last scan date, intermittently revert back to an earlier date, (usually 11/18/18)???...this is after it had been updated the previous day, in this case on 8/18/19......
  10. Sfc scan

Sfc scan: I am showing corrupt files that they could fix in sfc scan. I need instructions on how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scan/d9cc5dec-8de1-46b8-9d8a-949425a7d303"