Windows 10: scannow fails at 72%

Discus and support scannow fails at 72% in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to improve my Windows experience so I ran "sfc /scannow" but it stopped at 72%. I don't have the exact error but it was something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sekramer10, Feb 10, 2020.

1. scannow fails at 72%

Hello,

I am trying to improve my Windows experience so I ran "sfc /scannow" but it stopped at 72%. I don't have the exact error but it was something like:

I also ran:

and got a very similar error that occurred at 72% again.

I looked up this error and one thing said to run CHKDSK and it came back with no errors. I am wondering is the scannow problem a real potential problem? Does anyone know about it not working?

Thanks.

:)

sekramer10, Feb 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Feb 10, 2020
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Feb 10, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

scannow fails at 72%

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

scannow fails at 72%

1. scannow fails at 72% - Similar Threads - scannow fails 72%

2. IRQ failed / Scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQ failed / Scannow: My computer is a HP R9DRB2N. I did a system check and the IRQ failed. I tried a sfc scannow and it said it couldn't finish the requested procedure. I did this because I kept getting "the group resource is not in the correct state to perform the requestd operation". Please tel...
  3. IRQ failed / Scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IRQ failed / Scannow: My computer is a HP R9DRB2N. I did a system check and the IRQ failed. I tried a sfc scannow and it said it couldn't finish the requested procedure. I did this because I kept getting "the group resource is not in the correct state to perform the requestd operation". Please tel...
  4. Windows 10 Installation constantly failing at 72%.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation constantly failing at 72%.: I am trying to upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 but this update constantly failing at 72%. I checked online and found it is quite comman problem that happen to many people so there were also many suggestions as well, I have follow them and tried many things but still...
  5. Windows 10 Installation constantly failing at 72%.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Installation constantly failing at 72%.: I am trying to upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 but this update constantly failing at 72%. I checked online and found it is quite comman problem that happen to many people so there were also many suggestions as well, I have follow them and tried many things but still...
  6. Windows 10 Installation constantly failing at 72%.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. SFC / SCANNOW failing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SFC / SCANNOW failing.: Hi guys, when i task my pc with sfc /scannow, it fails. Below is a screenshot of it. [ATTACH] I am also unable to install one of the new windows updates as it keeps failing. it is this one. [ATTACH] Thanks!...
  8. scannow fails at 31

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    scannow fails at 31: After using some software that cleans the registry i am getting some errors about windows explorer that has stopped , so i decided to do a sfc s/scannow but it stuck at 31 % I read some solution on this forum and what i did "1) Open administrative command prompt and type or...
  9. Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails

Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails: My Lenovo T400 with Windows 10 version 1511 works just fine. But I do find that these 2 commands fail me. Logs are attached. I do want to preserve some applications that I have installed so suggestions on how I can repair or upgrade would be appreciated. It's my understanding...
  10. sfc /scannow failed

sfc /scannow failed: Hi guys , I have a laptop with windows 10 home upgraded from windows 7 home ( engl/us ) I've installed Windows anniversary update 1607 successfuly and I've created a DVD installation disk too, burning the .iso file to disk (imgburn) A few days before I ran from command...