Windows 10: Scans and driver updates hanging

Discus and support Scans and driver updates hanging in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Starting yesterday morning roughly my computer has gone on the fritz for whatever reason, I am uncertain what is happening but it started with my Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by XxSwiftyxX, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Scans and driver updates hanging

Starting yesterday morning roughly my computer has gone on the fritz for whatever reason, I am uncertain what is happening but it started with my Intel network adapter not working, Intel I219-V it no longer has a connection and I have been fighting with it to troubleshoot. My wifi adapter works fine so I know that I have eliminated it being my internet.

So I moved onto trying to uninstall and reinstalling the driver through the manufacturers website Intel, installer hangs and refuses to finish if I hit close it asks if I want to cancel the installer. No progress is made, I have tried scanning the hard drives for any issues and it also hangs and has no progress, device manager is currently stuck on scanning for plug and play compliant devices. Other programs like AVG disk doctor also hang and make 0 progress in scanning, defragging the harddrives also hangs and makes no progress.

I currently have 3 applications that refuse to close or make any progress.
    I need help because I am absolutely stumped for the first time in awhile..
    Windows Version 1909

:)

XxSwiftyxX, Mar 10, 2020

2. touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update hangs on downloading updates at 98%

Hi vinodh,

In step 3 you state to press enter after after each command but its written like one sentence,could you list them so we can identify each command please.my pc just hangs on "checking for updates" so i installed the win 10 updater and that just hangs on 99%
    so i will try what you suggest above.

Thanks

but not with this email add, Mar 10, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Scans and driver updates hanging

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

Scans and driver updates hanging

1. Scans and driver updates hanging - Similar Threads - Scans driver updates

2. Defender scans keep hanging - also, can't do Offline scan!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender scans keep hanging - also, can't do Offline scan!: Hello.When trying to do Defender scans they more often than not just hang and don't complete.Also, when doing an Offline scan, it lets me set it up but the system will not go offline and run it.At the moment I can only do a Quick Scan.How can I try to resolve this situation...
  3. Defender scans keep hanging - also, can't do Offline scan!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender scans keep hanging - also, can't do Offline scan!: Hello.When trying to do Defender scans they more often than not just hang and don't complete.Also, when doing an Offline scan, it lets me set it up but the system will not go offline and run it.At the moment I can only do a Quick Scan.How can I try to resolve this situation...
  4. Photos App Hanging While Scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App Hanging While Scanning: Does anyone else have a recent issue where Photos hangs while scanning drives containing pictures of different file types but the same name?Example: I have a drive containing 0001.jpg and 0001.bmp. If I scan the drive with Photos it just hangs at "Looking for new photos and...
  5. Photos App Hanging While Scanning

Photos App Hanging While Scanning: Does anyone else have a recent issue where Photos hangs while scanning drives containing pictures of different file types but the same name?Example: I have a drive containing 0001.jpg and 0001.bmp. If I scan the drive with Photos it just hangs at "Looking for new photos and...
  6. Update hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update hangs: Trying to install Windows update, it gets to 61% and hangs. Now i cannot get it to clear so i can try to reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-hangs/999316aa-19b2-4079-804b-8b67b090c163
  7. Updates hanging.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates hanging.: I`m well and truly SICK TO THE BACK TEETH of Windows 10 updates hanging.EVERY single month the cumulative updates HANG on installation, causing days of slow running computer.WHEN are Microsoft going to rectify this problem ??. WHY can`t you test the updates BEFORE releasing...
  8. driver scanning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    driver scanning: I have laptop Dell inspiron with Windows 10 version. When using my laptop suddenly screen became bright and all operation stopped. Then made power off again made on but error message appeared Drivers power state failure. Then in notifications scan drivers appeared. Please let...
  9. Update Drivers hangs with "Installing drivers..." phase.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update Drivers hangs with "Installing drivers..." phase.: I was trying to update display adapter driver(AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics). It am at a point where "Update Drivers" dialog shows "Installing drivers..." message along with a progress indicator continuously moving. It's been at this point for the last 3 hours, and I have no...
  10. Revo Uninstaller - hangs at "scanning for leftover files"

Revo Uninstaller - hangs at "scanning for leftover files": I'm using Windows 10 on a Lenovo IdeaPad laptop, with Revo Uninstaller installed. I've been using this for a long time and it always hangs for a while on "scanning for leftover files". Tonight I tried using it to uninstall Avira (want to reinstall this, having issues), and it...