Windows 10: ScanSnap

Discus and support ScanSnap in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; During a download of software that comes with a Fujitsu ix500 scanner (ScanSnap), it asks for permission to communicate over private networks and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Matthew_4321, May 28, 2019.

1. ScanSnap

During a download of software that comes with a Fujitsu ix500 scanner (ScanSnap), it asks for permission to communicate over private networks and public networks. Is it safe to do so? What are the risks of granting permission?

:)

Matthew_4321, May 28, 2019

2. Fujitsu ScanSnap S510

sundevildon, May 28, 2019
  3. websnail Win User
    Fujitsu ScanSnap S510

Aside from a thanks to all who've contributed to this thread I wanted to note that I was able to get the ScanSnap fi-5110EOX2 working using the instructions above although I noted a couple of potential differences.

1. I ran all the installations in Compatibility mode (Windows 7) and as an Administrator
    2. The compatibility information on the Fujitsu site is a bit confusing as initially it points you to the Vista update. The correct one is available on this page:
      ScanSnap Manager Update for Windows 7 (V3.1L20) - Fujitsu Global

I've only installed the ScanSnap manager rather than everything else but it's working fine so all good..

Thanks all.

websnail, May 28, 2019
  4. Dr Z Win User

ScanSnap

Fujitsu ScanSnap S510

I tried everything above which did not work for me but I did find a process that worked and may be helpful for others. Try the following:

1. DO NOT Connect ScanSnap to PC
    2. Install Adobe Acrobat 8 & re-boot
    3. Install ScanSnap Manager (version 4.2 L31) for Windows 8 & re-boot
    4. Install other software if wanted (not necessary) & re-boot
    5. Connect ScanSnap scanner and open lid
      1. Light will illuminate on the scanner for a brief period of time and go off (scanner will not work)
    6. Open Device Manager with scanner lid still open
    7. Right click on ScanSnap scanner which should have an exclamation point next to it
    8. While the lid remains open, Choose Update Driver Software (If you choose Properties it will state that the device is not functioning properly or the driver did not load properly)
    9. Wait until the software completely loads
    10. Scanner should work properly

Thema:

ScanSnap

1. ScanSnap - Similar Threads - ScanSnap

2. Corrupt files leftover from an old Scansnap program. Unable to delete.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt files leftover from an old Scansnap program. Unable to delete.: I have over 110,000 weird files, some with dollar signs in front. Many are variations of an old "Scansnap Organizer" file containing a exclamation point at the beginning of the filename and a ".PDF" in the filename from an old Fujitsu Scansnap program, which was accidently...
  3. Corrupt files leftover from an old Scansnap program. Unable to delete.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt files leftover from an old Scansnap program. Unable to delete.: I have over 110,000 weird files, some with dollar signs in front. Many are variations of an old "Scansnap Organizer" file containing a exclamation point at the beginning of the filename and a ".PDF" in the filename from an old Fujitsu Scansnap program, which was accidently...
  4. Corrupt files leftover from an old Scansnap program. Unable to delete.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Nothing happens when I click on Fujitsu ScanSnap Home installer/executable Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nothing happens when I click on Fujitsu ScanSnap Home installer/executable Windows 10: Hi all,I called Fujitsu support and they said that it is a Windows problem. I tried following the tips in the following post including turning off antivirus and trying different compatibility modes but it didn’t...
  6. FUJITSU SCANSNAP SCANNER WILL NOT CONNECT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FUJITSU SCANSNAP SCANNER WILL NOT CONNECT: I reinstalled Windows 10 and now my ScanSnap S1300i will not connect anymore. I have installed and uninstalled the driver. I have turned off the antivirus software, turned off the scanner, disconnected and reconnected the USB cord, but it still won't connect.The only way it...
  7. ScanSnap ix500

ScanSnap ix500: Why did my scanner stop working due to the Windows 10 Update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scansnap-ix500/d8a432e6-f6c7-491d-a86f-ccd3bdc347a4
  8. My scansnap ix500 doesnt work.

My scansnap ix500 doesnt work.: I have a microsoft surface using Windows 10. My scansnap ix500 doesnt work since the upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-scansnap-ix500-doesnt-work/a042414c-9272-4e79-87dc-36646e333a86
  9. ScanSnap with Surface Pro X

ScanSnap with Surface Pro X: Has anyone been able to use a ScanSnap on the Surface Pro X? Device manager indicates that drivers are not present. The ScanSnap installer appears to work but near the end it cannot connect to the ScanSnap. I have tried the usual uninstall / install / reboot ideas. My...
  10. Unable to reinstall my HP laserjet printer and Scansnap scanner after reinstall Windows 10...

Unable to reinstall my HP laserjet printer and Scansnap scanner after reinstall Windows 10...: My computer with Windows 10 Enterpirse intstalled crashed. I reinstalled the latest Windows 10 Enterprise software and authenticated online. However I faild to reinstall my HP 1018 and scansnap IX500 even with the CD came with the devices. The error message is: "Plug in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ScanSnap Manager Update for Windows 7 (V3.1L20) - Fujitsu Global