Windows 10: scanwithantivirus variable won't change to 1

Discus and support scanwithantivirus variable won't change to 1 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I tried to install a file and it said virus scan failed so I saw that and it told me to go to regedit. So, when changing the variable to 1 it said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by this madness, Feb 26, 2024.

1. scanwithantivirus variable won't change to 1

I tried to install a file and it said virus scan failed so I saw that and it told me to go to regedit. So, when changing the variable to 1 it said cannot edit scanwithantivirus: error writing new contents I believe, how do I fix this error because I want to install the file, and yes, it is from an official site.here is what i triedi have already tried regedit but won't help.i tried rebooting.i tried deactivating my antivirus but it didn't work.if you respond thanks for your time

:)

this madness, Feb 26, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

Variable Refresh Rate

Hello William, *Smile

Does your PC meet the requirements below for Variable Refresh Rate?

You won’t see the slider unless your system has all of the following. If any of these are missing, you will not see the toggle and the feature will not be enabled for you.
    • Windows 10 version 1903 or later
    • A G-SYNC or Adaptive-Sync capable monitor
    • A GPU with WDDM 2.6 or above drivers, that supports G-SYNC / Adaptive-Sync and this new OS feature
    *Arrow Turn On or Off Variable Refresh Rate for Games in Windows 10

Brink, Feb 26, 2024
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

4. tops Win User

scanwithantivirus variable won't change to 1

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

scanwithantivirus variable won't change to 1

1. scanwithantivirus variable won't change to 1 - Similar Threads - scanwithantivirus variable won't

2. scanwithantivirus variable won't change to 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scanwithantivirus variable won't change to 1: I tried to install a file and it said virus scan failed so I saw that and it told me to go to regedit. So, when changing the variable to 1 it said cannot edit scanwithantivirus: error writing new contents I believe, how do I fix this error because I want to install the file,...
  3. Can a standard user change system variables?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a standard user change system variables?: Hi,I have a requirement to allow a normal user to modify system variables in Windows operating system.I want to know whether a normal non-admin user can change the system variables as highlighted below or the user needs admin access to change these system...
  4. Changes of PATH Variable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes of PATH Variable: Hello there,I changed the PATH Variable and added another directory to implement the given commands under DOS.The strange thing is, that this works fine as Administrator and absolutely not, when logged in with a non-administrator account.What do I do wrong?Kind regards...
  5. Changes of PATH Variable

Changes of PATH Variable: Hello there,I changed the PATH Variable and added another directory to implement the given commands under DOS.The strange thing is, that this works fine as Administrator and absolutely not, when logged in with a non-administrator account.What do I do wrong?Kind regards...
  6. Change System variables on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change System variables on windows 11: Hello,I came across a problem while trying to change a system variable through the Environment Variables window. It does not allow me to add New/ Edit/ Delete any variable.I am in the admin account, and I also changed the User Account Control Settings to the lowest possible...
  7. Change System variables on windows 11

Change System variables on windows 11: Hello,I came across a problem while trying to change a system variable through the Environment Variables window. It does not allow me to add New/ Edit/ Delete any variable.I am in the admin account, and I also changed the User Account Control Settings to the lowest possible...
  8. Help. Trying to change environment variables.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. Trying to change environment variables.: Trying to add the line "export SDL_VIDEO_MINIMIZE_ON_FOCUS_LOSS=0" to /ect/environment but cant figure out how to reach the path or edit the code in any way. (Just incase anyone asks) Acer Predator PH315-53 Windows 10 Home 64 bit submitted by /u/Worried_Necessary769...
  9. regarding path variable of user variable of environment variable

in Windows 10 Customization
    regarding path variable of user variable of environment variable: please help me fast, I accidentally deleted path variable of user variable ..... I want to restore it. the real situation is I cannot run android studio project and it shows error - " unable to start daemon process............This problem might be caused by incorrect...
  10. System environment variable won't stick

in Windows 10 Support
    System environment variable won't stick: Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by: 1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables 2. The "Environment Variables" window opens. 3. In the "System...