Windows 10: SCCM and MDT Deployment - IP Address vs Domain Name

Discus and support SCCM and MDT Deployment - IP Address vs Domain Name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I have found several answers to why the domain name is not working and that I need to use IP address, When i load my image - it says IP:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rage232, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Rage232 Win User

SCCM and MDT Deployment - IP Address vs Domain Name

Hello,I have found several answers to why the domain name is not working and that I need to use IP address, When i load my image - it says IP: 192.168.1.2 \boot\x64\images... which is all correct.Then When Microsoft Deployment Toolkit screen displays I get error:A connection to the deployment share \\server\MDTshare$ could not be madeI have change the \\server\ to ip address 192.168.1.2 in the following: Deployment Workbench - right click deployment share - properties: UNC Path \\192.168.1.2\MDTshare$Bootstrap.ini : DeployRoot=\\192.168.1.2\MTDshar

:)

Rage232, Apr 26, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Assigning Static IP Address Range in a Router

All the DDNS does is assign a domain name to the external IP address of the camera, and if your external IP address changed then the DDNS will update the domain name to point to the new IP address.

newtekie1, Apr 26, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Assigning Static IP Address Range in a Router

Would that require an external (paid) DNS service?

Sasqui, Apr 26, 2021
  4. MonarkeIV Win User

WS2016 Setup Domain Controller reverts to Auto IP address

Not a power user by any means.

After following the tutorial here:

Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller
    ....and restarting the server, an error popped up that there is no internet connection. However opening a browser did connect to yahoo.com and a search called up many listings. Clicking on a link produced nothing. Thinking that maybe it might be a bad idea, I allowed Windows to repair the connection after it showed that there was no DHCP connection.

After Windows made this fix, the domain name and, ip addresses. It had reverted back too I "Obtain and IP address automatically".. I suspected this might happen as this is a home network, and the U-Verse router decides what the IP addresses shall be.

Still thinking I did something wrong or left something out of the process.

MonarkeIV, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

1. SCCM and MDT Deployment - IP Address vs Domain Name - Similar Threads - SCCM MDT Deployment

2. How to change IP Address of Domain Controller

in Windows 10 News
    How to change IP Address of Domain Controller: [ATTACH]As an IT administrator, you may be faced with the challenge of how to change the IP address of a Domain Controller on your network. The DC is a mission-critical IT infrastructure, you may be looking for best practices on how you can accomplish this task — this post...
  3. SCCM Deployment issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCCM Deployment issue: Hi,i configured SCCM server on Azure VM and looks like all the settings configured but for some reason i still dont see the client installed from the SCCM dashboard although on the client side the client installed and found the MP....
  4. SCCM Deployment issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SCCM Deployment issue: Hi,i configured SCCM server on Azure VM and looks like all the settings configured but for some reason i still dont see the client installed from the SCCM dashboard although on the client side the client installed and found the MP....
  5. SCCM Deployment issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. MDT is not deploying drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MDT is not deploying drivers: Hello everyone, I wish you a happy new year and the best of health. at work, MDT deploys 1 window 10 pro image to all models of computers. I do that by in task seq. I disabled the default inject driver step and add my custom task step. then named it DriverGroup001 and...
  7. one site i am unable to ping by domain name, but can by its IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one site i am unable to ping by domain name, but can by its IP address: been at this for a couple hours and it is driving me nuts. using cmd, i can ping google, and it pings just fine... any site for thta matter, but there is one program that when i try to ping it, it comes up with nothing, if i try pinging it again by its ip address, i get...
  8. Using Multiple IP Addresses in a Domain Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Multiple IP Addresses in a Domain Network: I added a second network adapter and an IP address to the new adapter in Windows 10 Build 2004. I now have the primary Routable on the first adapter and alternate IP addresses peer-to-peer on a second network adapter. The client sometimes think that it's not on a Domain...
  9. MDT 2013 Deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MDT 2013 Deployment: we distribution OS of Chinese and Korean by MDT 2013 deployment, so I want to manually set language and time , but unable to activated when I was changed MDT Rules as the following, what should i do [Settings] Priority=Default Properties=MyCustomProperty [Default] :...
  10. Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.: Hi, I am a Help Desk Analyst and am being challenged with learning sysAdmin tasks. I've been tasked with setting up a deployment process, and I have been trying for a few weeks now to deploy an image with WDS/MDT. I've searched the internet hard trying to figure it out but...