Windows 10: SCCM and USMT does not perform well

Discus and support SCCM and USMT does not perform well in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have just succeeded in setting up a State migration point on our SCCM and after that got USMT to make user profile backup and restore on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Makeshhumaresh, May 19, 2021.

1. SCCM and USMT does not perform well

Have just succeeded in setting up a State migration point on our SCCM and after that got USMT to make user profile backup and restore on the reinstalled PC. According to the log everything is OK and User data and desktop is there but hardly anything else, not even my Edge favorites or any browser favorites. USMT is the latest 20H2 - Old Windows 10 1909 / New PC 20H2 Is this what to expect or is something wrong?

:)

Makeshhumaresh, May 19, 2021

2. SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10

Dear All SCCM and USMT does not perform well :)

I do the migration of W7 to W10. On W7, the user profiles are on the D Drive and on W10 on the %systemdrive%

I will use the MigDoc.xml and MigApps.xml. The MigApps is coming from the Ehler custom xml.

So... Here my questions...

Could you please tell or correct me what steps I need to put in a TS with SCCM 1806 to have the process working with USMT ?

And important, how to change the xml to save (capture) the data's from D drive (W7) and restore (load) to the C drive (W10) ?

So from my Full TS, I add a TS USMT Backup a first step in WinPE and the last step a TS USMT Restore.

SCCM and USMT does not perform well a92de140-04e2-4f05-8f39-2a5b3c321916?upload=true.png

SCCM and USMT does not perform well 51df7427-8690-40b0-98ee-d0126f994ad0?upload=true.png

SCCM and USMT does not perform well 011e1a14-f511-4197-8cb5-ba7d58762a89?upload=true.png

23FDB03C-14B8-47E0-B10C-0131F1E42630, May 19, 2021
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand this is an important feature for you and you want this to work, here are some overview on

User State Migration Tool (USMT) Technical

However I suggest you to post your query on

TechNet
    for better resolution as you will find members who have better technical knowledge on this issue.

Regards.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 19, 2021
  4. SCCM and USMT does not perform well

Execute a command from SCCM Task sequence step "Run a Command line"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

That will work indeed, however I need to run it from the SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step and I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Can we change line while executing command from SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step?

Regards

sccm_learner, May 19, 2021
Thema:

SCCM and USMT does not perform well

1. SCCM and USMT does not perform well - Similar Threads - SCCM USMT does

2. my windows not performing well

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows not performing well: How can i troubleshoot my Windows computer that is experiencing slow performance?its running so slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-not-performing-well/8993178b-2159-43e1-976d-d84b0a4e0ce2
  3. my windows not performing well

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows not performing well: How can i troubleshoot my Windows computer that is experiencing slow performance?its running so slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-not-performing-well/8993178b-2159-43e1-976d-d84b0a4e0ce2
  4. my windows not performing well

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. SCCM and USMT

in Windows 10 Customization
    SCCM and USMT: Have just succeeded in setting up a State migration point on our SCCM and after that got USMT to make user profile backup and restore on the reinstalled PC.According to the log everything is OK and User data and desktop is there but hardly anything else , not even my Edge...
  6. Keyboard does not function well.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard does not function well.: Keyboard does not function well most of the time. I need to update windows or update keyboard driver before I can use it. After I shutdown the computer and use it again the next day. Keyboard does not function well again so I need to update keyboard driver again. Every time I...
  7. Is USMT Redistributable

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is USMT Redistributable: I am a developer and I am doing some research on this USMT tool. I was reading about the documentation for USMT seems to be interesting. Is this tool redistributable? Can I write a wrapper around this tool and do some research on the same?. Thought of developing something...
  8. SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10: Dear All :) I do the migration of W7 to W10. On W7, the user profiles are on the D Drive and on W10 on the %systemdrive% I will use the MigDoc.xml and MigApps.xml. The MigApps is coming from the Ehler custom xml. So... Here my questions... Could you please tell or...
  9. R9 390 Not Performing Well On GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    R9 390 Not Performing Well On GTA V: Hi, I recently upgraded from a HD7790 to an MSI R9 390 8gb. Every single game has an obvious performance increase, except GTA V. For some reason my old HD7790 can run GTA V on higher settings than my R9 390. Clearly something is wrong, but I'm not sure what. My CPU is an AMD...
  10. How to setup a well performing local cloud?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to setup a well performing local cloud?: OK, that's a really broad request. Sorry, but here's the backstory with highlights for those who don't want to read *Biggrin - Looking for a speedy LAN solution I can use for cloud access too. - Windows 10 not performing as well as Windows 7 - Netgear router USB is way...