Windows 10: SCCM and USMT

Discus and support SCCM and USMT in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Have just succeeded in setting up a State migration point on our SCCM and after that got USMT to make user profile backup and restore on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Makeshhumareshtech, May 19, 2021.

1. SCCM and USMT

Have just succeeded in setting up a State migration point on our SCCM and after that got USMT to make user profile backup and restore on the reinstalled PC.According to the log everything is OK and User data and desktop is there but hardly anything else , not even my Edge favorites or any browser favorites. USMT is the latest 20H2 Is this what to expect or is something wrong?

:)

Makeshhumareshtech, May 19, 2021

2. SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10

Dear All SCCM and USMT :)

I do the migration of W7 to W10. On W7, the user profiles are on the D Drive and on W10 on the %systemdrive%

I will use the MigDoc.xml and MigApps.xml. The MigApps is coming from the Ehler custom xml.

So... Here my questions...

Could you please tell or correct me what steps I need to put in a TS with SCCM 1806 to have the process working with USMT ?

And important, how to change the xml to save (capture) the data's from D drive (W7) and restore (load) to the C drive (W10) ?

So from my Full TS, I add a TS USMT Backup a first step in WinPE and the last step a TS USMT Restore.

SCCM and USMT a92de140-04e2-4f05-8f39-2a5b3c321916?upload=true.png

SCCM and USMT 51df7427-8690-40b0-98ee-d0126f994ad0?upload=true.png

SCCM and USMT 011e1a14-f511-4197-8cb5-ba7d58762a89?upload=true.png

23FDB03C-14B8-47E0-B10C-0131F1E42630, May 19, 2021
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand this is an important feature for you and you want this to work, here are some overview on

User State Migration Tool (USMT) Technical

However I suggest you to post your query on

TechNet
    for better resolution as you will find members who have better technical knowledge on this issue.

Regards.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 19, 2021
  4. SCCM and USMT

Execute a command from SCCM Task sequence step "Run a Command line"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

That will work indeed, however I need to run it from the SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step and I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Can we change line while executing command from SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step?

Regards

sccm_learner, May 19, 2021
Thema:

SCCM and USMT

1. SCCM and USMT - Similar Threads - SCCM USMT

2. MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment: MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe /silent /install][Installation] :: Execution failed with exit code [-2147219198].is there a debug log or something? what to do from here?...
  3. MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment: MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe /silent /install][Installation] :: Execution failed with exit code [-2147219198].is there a debug log or something? what to do from here?...
  4. MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 22H2 With SCCM Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 22H2 With SCCM Windows Updates: Hi, We need to install Media Feature Pack 22H2 on some of our Windows N systems.There is a link but there is no download:...
  6. Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 22H2 With SCCM Windows Updates

Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 22H2 With SCCM Windows Updates: Hi, We need to install Media Feature Pack 22H2 on some of our Windows N systems.There is a link but there is no download:...
  7. Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 22H2 With SCCM Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Is there a way to use WSUS and SCCM without internet connection? We have a system that...

Is there a way to use WSUS and SCCM without internet connection? We have a system that...: Is there a way to use WSUS and SCCM without internet connection? We have a system that doesn't have any access to the internet, looking for a work around....
  9. SCCM and USMT does not perform well

in Windows 10 Support
    SCCM and USMT does not perform well: Have just succeeded in setting up a State migration point on our SCCM and after that got USMT to make user profile backup and restore on the reinstalled PC. According to the log everything is OK and User data and desktop is there but hardly anything else, not even my Edge...
  10. SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10: Dear All :) I do the migration of W7 to W10. On W7, the user profiles are on the D Drive and on W10 on the %systemdrive% I will use the MigDoc.xml and MigApps.xml. The MigApps is coming from the Ehler custom xml. So... Here my questions... Could you please tell or...