Windows 10: SCCM updates vs automatic updates

Discus and support SCCM updates vs automatic updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,When I have setup SCCM MECM Software Updates Site, do I need to create some GPOs or other configurations on Clients to download updates ONLY from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jklsfdajklajklsfda, May 3, 2021.

1. SCCM updates vs automatic updates

Hello,When I have setup SCCM MECM Software Updates Site, do I need to create some GPOs or other configurations on Clients to download updates ONLY from SCCM and not from Internet/automatic updates?Thanks,Ivan

:)

jklsfdajklajklsfda, May 3, 2021

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 3, 2021
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile SCCM updates vs automatic updates :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, May 3, 2021
  4. bigscale Win User

SCCM updates vs automatic updates

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, May 3, 2021
Thema:

SCCM updates vs automatic updates

1. SCCM updates vs automatic updates - Similar Threads - SCCM updates automatic

2. Possible root causes for Windows Security Defender to stop updating automatically from SCCM...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible root causes for Windows Security Defender to stop updating automatically from SCCM...: What could be the case? Possible root causes for Windows Security Defender to stop updating automatically from SCCM and or internet.Which log specific does it really show the reason why windows 10 machine is not receiving daily signatures. What make Defender Anti virus stop...
  3. Possible root causes for Windows Security Defender to stop updating automatically from SCCM...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible root causes for Windows Security Defender to stop updating automatically from SCCM...: What could be the case? Possible root causes for Windows Security Defender to stop updating automatically from SCCM and or internet.Which log specific does it really show the reason why windows 10 machine is not receiving daily signatures. What make Defender Anti virus stop...
  4. Possible root causes for Windows Security Defender to stop updating automatically from SCCM...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. SCCM WSUS not showing recent updates but no error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCCM WSUS not showing recent updates but no error.: Hi,I've seen that the KB502004 for Windows 11 22H2 is absent from the update list of my SCCM and WSUS.There is no bugs or error in updates synchronisation I have other updates from today.Is there a delay in some updates to SCCM ?Thanks !...
  6. SCCM WSUS not showing recent updates but no error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SCCM WSUS not showing recent updates but no error.: Hi,I've seen that the KB502004 for Windows 11 22H2 is absent from the update list of my SCCM and WSUS.There is no bugs or error in updates synchronisation I have other updates from today.Is there a delay in some updates to SCCM ?Thanks !...
  7. SCCM UPDATES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SCCM UPDATES: Computers updated through SCCM with wsus. Ran test on computer and ran updates from microsoft update after sccm updates for this month. KB4023057 was not installed. Went to software updates in sccm and searched for update not included Checked with KB article under Wsus and it...
  8. SCCM can't download Defender Definition updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SCCM can't download Defender Definition updates: Hi all, I was trying to configure SCCM server which will be managing Windows Defender. For some reason the Definition files are not visible neither in the SCCM console nor the WSUS server. All other type of engine updates for Defender are there but I can't find the...
  9. Understanding Office 365 ProPlus Updates for IT Pros (CDN vs SCCM)

in Windows 10 News
    Understanding Office 365 ProPlus Updates for IT Pros (CDN vs SCCM): In supporting customers in the field, we receive many questions about Office 365 ProPlus update process. The objective of this blog is to provide context around end user behavior during update scenario and clarify when and how Office updates are applied. Office ProPlus was...
  10. Windows Updates bypassing SCCM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates bypassing SCCM: We have SCCM in our environment and machines that are managed by SCCM are going out to the internet to pull updates. How can we stop this? 90909