Windows 10: SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear All :) I do the migration of W7 to W10. On W7, the user profiles are on the D Drive and on W10 on the %systemdrive% I will use the MigDoc.xml... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 23FDB03C-14B8-47E0-B10C-0, Nov 21, 2018.

1. SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10

Dear All SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10 :)

I do the migration of W7 to W10. On W7, the user profiles are on the D Drive and on W10 on the %systemdrive%

I will use the MigDoc.xml and MigApps.xml. The MigApps is coming from the Ehler custom xml.

So... Here my questions...

Could you please tell or correct me what steps I need to put in a TS with SCCM 1806 to have the process working with USMT ?

And important, how to change the xml to save (capture) the data's from D drive (W7) and restore (load) to the C drive (W10) ?

So from my Full TS, I add a TS USMT Backup a first step in WinPE and the last step a TS USMT Restore.

SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10 a92de140-04e2-4f05-8f39-2a5b3c321916?upload=true.png

SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10 51df7427-8690-40b0-98ee-d0126f994ad0?upload=true.png

SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10 011e1a14-f511-4197-8cb5-ba7d58762a89?upload=true.png

:)

23FDB03C-14B8-47E0-B10C-0, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 21, 2018
  4. SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10

1. SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - SCCM USMT

2. MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment: MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe /silent /install][Installation] :: Execution failed with exit code [-2147219198].is there a debug log or something? what to do from here?...
  3. MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment: MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe /silent /install][Installation] :: Execution failed with exit code [-2147219198].is there a debug log or something? what to do from here?...
  4. MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 22H2 With SCCM Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 22H2 With SCCM Windows Updates: Hi, We need to install Media Feature Pack 22H2 on some of our Windows N systems.There is a link but there is no download:...
  6. Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 22H2 With SCCM Windows Updates

Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 22H2 With SCCM Windows Updates: Hi, We need to install Media Feature Pack 22H2 on some of our Windows N systems.There is a link but there is no download:...
  7. Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 22H2 With SCCM Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Is there a way to use WSUS and SCCM without internet connection? We have a system that...

Is there a way to use WSUS and SCCM without internet connection? We have a system that...: Is there a way to use WSUS and SCCM without internet connection? We have a system that doesn't have any access to the internet, looking for a work around....
  9. SCCM and USMT does not perform well

in Windows 10 Support
    SCCM and USMT does not perform well: Have just succeeded in setting up a State migration point on our SCCM and after that got USMT to make user profile backup and restore on the reinstalled PC. According to the log everything is OK and User data and desktop is there but hardly anything else, not even my Edge...
  10. SCCM and USMT

in Windows 10 Customization
    SCCM and USMT: Have just succeeded in setting up a State migration point on our SCCM and after that got USMT to make user profile backup and restore on the reinstalled PC.According to the log everything is OK and User data and desktop is there but hardly anything else , not even my Edge...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sccm windows 7 to windows 10 keeps rolling back

2. sccm usmt restore applications not compatible with windows

3. sccm non-aoac machine

4. usmt windows 7 à windows 10,
  5. Windows7 windows10 SCCM,
  6. sccm win 10,
  7. sccm usmt windows 7 to windows 10,
  8. usmt start menu win 7 win 10,
  9. sccm windows 7 to windows 10 usmt,
  10. loadstate from windows 7 to windows 10,
  11. USMT W10,