Windows 10: sceduleing restart

Discus and support sceduleing restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When scheduling a restart do I need to leave my laptop closed and asleep? Or does it have to be open and running?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 101picker, Jan 9, 2019.

1. 101picker Win User

sceduleing restart

When scheduling a restart do I need to leave my laptop closed and asleep? Or does it have to be open and running?

:)

101picker, Jan 9, 2019
  2. little cat, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

sceduleing restart [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

sceduleing restart [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Jan 9, 2019
  4. sceduleing restart

random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

sceduleing restart

1. sceduleing restart - Similar Threads - sceduleing restart

2. PC Randomly restarts without a BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly restarts without a BSOD: Hello,My PC randomly restarts without a blue screen and without warning.From looking around, it seems here is the right question to ask about it. This has been puzzling me for months now and I have no idea what to do.I got these 2 files from C:\Windows\Minidump:...
  3. PC Randomly restarts without a BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Randomly restarts without a BSOD: Hello,My PC randomly restarts without a blue screen and without warning.From looking around, it seems here is the right question to ask about it. This has been puzzling me for months now and I have no idea what to do.I got these 2 files from C:\Windows\Minidump:...
  4. Windows 10 reset trouble: installation application keeps restarting due to bad ? Internet...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reset trouble: installation application keeps restarting due to bad ? Internet...: Hi there, I've got a problem fully resetting Windows 10 on my laptop. So every time I restart my laptop the installation still must be in progress it loads for a moment and then reboots, throwing me to the menu with "Hello, choose your language" bars. After completing the...
  5. Windows 10 reset trouble: installation application keeps restarting due to bad ? Internet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 reset trouble: installation application keeps restarting due to bad ? Internet...: Hi there, I've got a problem fully resetting Windows 10 on my laptop. So every time I restart my laptop the installation still must be in progress it loads for a moment and then reboots, throwing me to the menu with "Hello, choose your language" bars. After completing the...
  6. Windows 10 reset trouble: installation application keeps restarting due to bad ? Internet...

7. Can I use Task Sceduler or Group Policy Management Console to automatically close Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I use Task Sceduler or Group Policy Management Console to automatically close Microsoft...: I have created a task in Task Scheduler for the Microsoft Sticky Notes app downloaded from the Microsoft Store, to open 30 seconds after I turn on my PC and enter the Desktop, but in order for this task to work I need to always remember to manually 'close' the Microsoft...
  8. Can I use Task Sceduler or Group Policy Management Console to automatically close Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use Task Sceduler or Group Policy Management Console to automatically close Microsoft...: I have created a task in Task Scheduler for the Microsoft Sticky Notes app downloaded from the Microsoft Store, to open 30 seconds after I turn on my PC and enter the Desktop, but in order for this task to work I need to always remember to manually 'close' the Microsoft...
  9. Can I use Task Sceduler or Group Policy Management Console to automatically close Microsoft...

10. Invoke sceduled task from batch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Invoke sceduled task from batch?: Is there any way to invoke a scheduled task from a script? I know the tasks can be manually invoked from the Task Scheduler's GUI so maybe there's a way to do it programmatically. Yes? 165093