Windows 10: SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization Failed Event ID 86 Errors

Discus and support SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization Failed Event ID 86 Errors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all. I'm getting the messages below at every boot. I usually get two or three each time all similar with the exception of the IDs changing. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nheimler, Oct 10, 2016.

1. nheimler Win User

SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization Failed Event ID 86 Errors

Hello all. I'm getting the messages below at every boot. I usually get two or three each time all similar with the exception of the IDs changing. I've scoured the net but found nothing on this. Just curious if anyone else has seen these and if so how to get it resolved. They've been happening since day one of my Windows 10 Pro install. I've attempted a reinstall but get the same messages. I'm only getting this on my Dell Latitude E7270 unit. My Dell Inspiron 7559 does not throw these messages. Something to note is that this is a standalone laptop so not connected to a domain etc. Thanks for any info if anyone has any!

SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for XXXX\XXXXXX$ via https://NTC-NameId-bcd3c503d39e51b0c...lates/Aik/scep failed:

GetCACaps
    GetCACaps: Not Found
    {"Message":"The authority "ntc-nameid-bcd3c503d39e51b0c50489e9228e984a7e63e303.microsoftaik.azure.net" does not exist."}
    Cache-Control: no-cache
    Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 15:24:21 GMT
    Pragma: no-cache
    Content-Length: 122
    Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
    Expires: -1
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/8.5
    x-ms-request-id: 3edaba7e-acd4-4bdc-acfc-274093e54f6f
    Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000;includeSubDomains
    X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
    X-Powered-By: ASP.NET

Method: GET(422ms)
    Stage: GetCACaps
    Not found (404). 0x80190194 (-2145844844 HTTP_E_STATUS_NOT_FOUND)

:)

nheimler, Oct 10, 2016

2. What does Event ID: 301 with error SCEP: Failed CspCreateInstance of Node : (Status) Result : (Unknown Win32 Error code: 0x86000022) mean?

I found 100s if not more, log entries in Event View that is complaining about SCEP. The majority of the entries in the Microsoft-Windows-DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider/Admin log are:

ID 301: SCEP: Failed CspCreateInstance of Node : (Status) Result : (Unknown Win32 Error code: 0x86000022).

There are three pages of the events just from a couple of minutes.

Can anyone tell me whats up?

I have placed a ZIP file that contains a Custom View of all the entries in this log at DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider issues.zip

Thanks

David

DavidPelton, Oct 10, 2016
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    What does Event ID: 301 with error SCEP: Failed CspCreateInstance of Node : (Status) Result : (Unknown Win32 Error code: 0x86000022) mean?

Hi David,

This issue could be due to Windows corruption. For proper isolation, kindly answer the queries below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to resolve the issue?
    • Which Windows 10 version/build is currently installed on your PC? To check, type
      winver in the search option.
    We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Oct 10, 2016
  4. Mu7e Win User

Hi

I'm having the same issue and I have a Dell XPS.

SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization Failed Event ID 86 Errors [​IMG]

5. Mu7e Win User
    For now the only workaround I manage to do to avoid the error was disabling TPM on the UEFI.

-=Edit=-

In TaskManager, Microsoft, Windows, CertificateServicesClient there's a task called AikCertEnrollTask
    In the field result of last execution: the same error ( not found 404)

I disabled that task (for now) and enable again the TPM.

6. dcol Win User
    You mean task scheduler, not task manager

7. Mu7e Win User
    Yes, my mistake.

Mu7e, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization Failed Event ID 86 Errors - Similar Threads - SCEP Certificate enrollment

2. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed: since AMD not letting me post a question, cry for help i am back with event logs errorOS - Windows 10 Home 22H2 64bit up to date Motherboard - Gigabyte B450M DS3H v1 TPM and Secure Boot enabled in BIOS BIOS version - F2 since using Ryzen 3 2200G so not planning to update...
  3. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed: since AMD not letting me post a question, cry for help i am back with event logs errorOS - Windows 10 Home 22H2 64bit up to date Motherboard - Gigabyte B450M DS3H v1 TPM and Secure Boot enabled in BIOS BIOS version - F2 since using Ryzen 3 2200G so not planning to update...
  4. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization: SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-PB2CDVH$ via https://AMD-KeyId-907d65e9b562315997dd5ad086b2b7598957b92c.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep failed:I randomly get this error throughout the day. I updated my AMD software which fixed it for...
  6. SCEP Certificate enrolment initialization error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCEP Certificate enrolment initialization error: Can someone help me fix this error? I'm on a HP 255 G8 Notebook PC. For the last few days, the screen almost completely freezes, accept at the top, you can still move the mouse pointer at that top area. then all of the screen turns to white, and i have to restart the laptop...
  7. SCEP Certificate enrolment initialization error

SCEP Certificate enrolment initialization error: Can someone help me fix this error? I'm on a HP 255 G8 Notebook PC. For the last few days, the screen almost completely freezes, accept at the top, you can still move the mouse pointer at that top area. then all of the screen turns to white, and i have to restart the laptop...
  8. SCEP Certificate enrolment initialization error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Event 86 Certificate enrollment initialization ....Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 86 Certificate enrollment initialization ....Failed: I see this event frequently in Event Viewer: What is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-86-certificate-enrollment-initialization/052b6d12-ce42-4e3b-8faf-05c7a9dc5ef9
  10. Event 86 Certificate enrollment initialization ....Failed

Event 86 Certificate enrollment initialization ....Failed: I see this event frequently in Event Viewer: What is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-86-certificate-enrollment-initialization/052b6d12-ce42-4e3b-8faf-05c7a9dc5ef9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scep certificate enrollment initialization

2. scep certificate enrollment failed

3. scep certificate enrollment initialization failed

4. 0x86000022,
  5. scep: certificate enroll failed. result: (unknown win32 error code: 0x87d00904).,
  6. scep certificate enrollment initialization for,
  7. scep: Failed CspCreateInstance of Node : (ErrorCode) Result : (Unknown Win32 Error code: 0x86000022).,
  8. scep certificate enrollment failed windows 10,
  9. windows server 2016 scep certificate enrollment initialization failed,
  10. scep: Certificate enroll failed. Result: (Unknown Win32 Error code: 0x87d00905).,
  11. scep certificate enrollment for via failed,
  12. event ID 86,
  13. scep 0x87d00905,
  14. scep: failed cspcreateinstance of node : (certthumbprint) result : (unknown win32 error code: 0x86000022).,
  15. SCEP certificate enrollment error