Windows 10: SCEP deployment to Windows 10 devices fails after you renew the CA certificate

Discus and support SCEP deployment to Windows 10 devices fails after you renew the CA certificate in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]SCEP or Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol, is a protocol that allows devices to enroll for a certificate using a URL and a secret key. On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 6, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

SCEP deployment to Windows 10 devices fails after you renew the CA certificate

WinClub, Sep 6, 2020

2. SCEP Server(sub-CA) issues only once CA certificate instead of certificate chain

Hi ,

I configured a CA server in windows server 2008 with rootCA(windows server 2008)-->SubCA1(windows server 2008)--->SubCA2 (windows server 2008)

and configured NDES in SubCA2 and when I send a SCEP request to subCA2 .

It issues me a certificate and CA certificate(public key) and CA certificate only has subCA2 certificate but does not present a certificate chain .

But when I go to issued certificates in SubCA2 it shows the entire certification path till rootCA. Is there a way to send entire certificate chain to SCEP client or is this expected behavior

PremnathSundarababu, Sep 6, 2020
  3. SCEP Certificate enrollment failed

Hi,

My laptop has started to crash with a buzzing sound which comes from the speakers. It does not matter if I am gaming or watching a movie, this behavior is random. Here are the error details:

SCEP Certificate enrollment for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-7VNO1BL$ via https://INTC-KeyId-17a00575d05e58e3...639.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep failed:

SubmitDone

Submit(Request): Bad Request

{"Message":"Attestation statement cannot be verified, rejecting request: 0x80070057."}

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

Cache-Control: no-cache

Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2019 15:32:27 GMT

Pragma: no-cache

Content-Length: 86

Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8

Expires: -1

x-ms-request-id: 03feca3b-a6b9-4f6f-b726-dbbf09a2a5a9

Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000;includeSubDomains

X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff

Method: POST(3188ms)

Stage: SubmitDone

Bad request (400). 0x80190190 (-2145844848 HTTP_E_STATUS_BAD_REQUEST)

Can anyone please help with a solution? Also, my wifi driver randomly fails, and I have to uninstall it from Device Manager to get it back to running again. Not sure if this is related.

DevadityaJ, Sep 6, 2020
  4. SCEP deployment to Windows 10 devices fails after you renew the CA certificate

6680 CA certificates

The CA certificate for SSL connections that I use is untrusted by the phone. How do I add the CA to the list of existing trusted certificates?

hiltonian---01, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

SCEP deployment to Windows 10 devices fails after you renew the CA certificate

1. SCEP deployment to Windows 10 devices fails after you renew the CA certificate - Similar Threads - SCEP deployment devices

2. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed: since AMD not letting me post a question, cry for help i am back with event logs errorOS - Windows 10 Home 22H2 64bit up to date Motherboard - Gigabyte B450M DS3H v1 TPM and Secure Boot enabled in BIOS BIOS version - F2 since using Ryzen 3 2200G so not planning to update...
  3. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed: since AMD not letting me post a question, cry for help i am back with event logs errorOS - Windows 10 Home 22H2 64bit up to date Motherboard - Gigabyte B450M DS3H v1 TPM and Secure Boot enabled in BIOS BIOS version - F2 since using Ryzen 3 2200G so not planning to update...
  4. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CA Intermediate certificate deployment in organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CA Intermediate certificate deployment in organization: Hi,what is the best practices for intermediate certificate renewal and deployment with the same key pair.required to deploy renewed intermediate certificate in organization before to install them on Issuing CA.may it correct to add new AIA location before to install on...
  6. CA Intermediate certificate deployment in organization

CA Intermediate certificate deployment in organization: Hi,what is the best practices for intermediate certificate renewal and deployment with the same key pair.required to deploy renewed intermediate certificate in organization before to install them on Issuing CA.may it correct to add new AIA location before to install on...
  7. NPS with SSL Certificates failing to authenticate after CA move

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NPS with SSL Certificates failing to authenticate after CA move: For years we have been using Windows NPS with Cisco Switch radius to authenticate Ethernet NIC with Workstations using Certificates issued by WIN Root CARecently we moved the Root CA from Win 2012 to Win 2019, the rest of the components didnt change.I am able to get the new...
  8. NPS with SSL Certificates failing to authenticate after CA move

NPS with SSL Certificates failing to authenticate after CA move: For years we have been using Windows NPS with Cisco Switch radius to authenticate Ethernet NIC with Workstations using Certificates issued by WIN Root CARecently we moved the Root CA from Win 2012 to Win 2019, the rest of the components didnt change.I am able to get the new...
  9. How to fix SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed?: How do I fix SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed on a Windows 10 Pro laptop that connects with other personal Windows devices through a personal workgroup not using Windows Server on any devices? The devices in use are Windows with OS accounts with the same...
  10. SCEP Certificate enrollment failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SCEP Certificate enrollment failed: Hi, My laptop has started to crash with a buzzing sound which comes from the speakers. It does not matter if I am gaming or watching a movie, this behavior is random. Here are the error details: SCEP Certificate enrollment for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-7VNO1BL$ via...