Windows 10: SCEP sample for malware check is seen as threat by Microsoft but does not download detection

Discus and support SCEP sample for malware check is seen as threat by Microsoft but does not download detection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why does a threat sample to Microsoft which is reported as malware by Microsoft does not have a definition update occur to SCEP?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DR Stinnette, Nov 1, 2018.

1. SCEP sample for malware check is seen as threat by Microsoft but does not download detection

Why does a threat sample to Microsoft which is reported as malware by Microsoft does not have a definition update occur to SCEP?

d9af659456660bfba5b2086188d4c751 Submission ID: 8cb42237-ac29-45bf-a340-ae16237790cc Status: Completed

File name Final determination Protection Current detection Definition version
    Tree View d9af659456660bfba5b2086188d4c751
    / File Container Malware Cloud
    Not malware Client SoftwareBundler:Win32/Prepscram
    No malware detected Online
    Tree View fl studio 2003532 crack torrent.iso
    d9af659456660bfba5b2086188d4c751 / File Container Malware Cloud
    Not malware Client SoftwareBundler:Win32/Prepscram
    No malware detected Online
    Tree View fl studio 2003532 crack torrent.exe
    d9af659456660bfba5b2086188d4c751 / fl studio 2003532 crack torrent.iso / Malware Malware Cloud
    Malware Client Trojan:Win32/CryptInject
    Trojan:Win32/CryptInject Online

Thanks,
    Doug

:)

DR Stinnette, Nov 1, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics - NotPetya malware

Source: Advanced Threat Analytics security research network technical analysis: NotPetya Microsoft Secure

Brink, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Windows Defender won't detect malwares

What applications did you used to perform scan?

What was the type of threat?

There might be false positive or incorrect detection or sometimes files are being detected which are not harmful.

If you believe they are malwares which are unable to be detect with Windows Defender, submit them to:

Submit Sample to Microsoft Malware Protection Center

Cyber_Defend_Team, Nov 1, 2018
  4. SCEP sample for malware check is seen as threat by Microsoft but does not download detection

quietman7 - MVP, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

SCEP sample for malware check is seen as threat by Microsoft but does not download detection

1. SCEP sample for malware check is seen as threat by Microsoft but does not download detection - Similar Threads - SCEP sample malware

2. how does Windows live threat detection work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how does Windows live threat detection work?: I would like to know how windows live threat detection works I haven’t found any articles online yet that describe it in detail, but I want to know as much detail about it as possible. I know that heuristics and signatures are implemented into it but what else is...
  3. how does Windows live threat detection work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how does Windows live threat detection work?: I would like to know how windows live threat detection works I haven’t found any articles online yet that describe it in detail, but I want to know as much detail about it as possible. I know that heuristics and signatures are implemented into it but what else is...
  4. Microsoft Scanner in Virustotal detects a threat while Defender on local client does not detect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Scanner in Virustotal detects a threat while Defender on local client does not detect: Hi Guys,My Boss got a phishing email with a trojan maybe ransomware. Strange thing: Neither Exchange Online Protection we have Office 365 E3 nor the Defender on our Clients does detect it. But I opened it with notepad an I see a document.write with some URI encodings. So I...
  5. How to check for malware?

How to check for malware?: I'm not sure if i should create a thread on this or post it in my already posting thread. But i think it should be own thread. Windows 10 pro. I only have windows defender and do the quick scan and full scan and the malicious file scan and thats all. I had connected my...
  6. Check Virus and Malwares

Check Virus and Malwares: From 2 or 3 days, I'm noticing that the performance of my pc is very low. I think that it is because of virus and malwares. So anyone tell me how I can clean virus and malwares from my pc....
  7. Malware Ransom Threat

Malware Ransom Threat: I received a ransom request a few months ago via email. I ignored and deleted it expecting it was not real. I received the following threat this morning......I removed the password for security reasons, but the hacker knew my password. I have since installed Kaspersky Total...
  8. SCEP management how to remove malware through the SCCM

SCEP management how to remove malware through the SCCM: When malware is detected on endpoints how do you remove the malware remotely through the SCCM through policy? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scep-management-how-to-remove-malware-through-the/e15a5138-8065-4604-a22c-6a3d4ca040a2
  9. Malware threats

Malware threats: I have just received two emails threatening me with the elimination of all of my data if I do not provide 900 Euros in bit coin. How can I verify that this is a legitimate threat and how did it pass through Defender' protection, if valid?...
  10. Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics - NotPetya malware

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics - NotPetya malware: On June 27, 2017 reports on a new variant of Petya (which was later referred to as NotPetya) malware infection began spreading across the globe. It seems the malware’s initial infection delivered via the “M.E.doc” update service, a Ukrainian finance application. Based on our...