Windows 10: Schannel 36887

Discus and support Schannel 36887 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, pretty new to the IT-world, so please don't judge to hard. On the servers I'm looking at, the task-manager shows me the Error with ID 36887 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SaHo_42, May 18, 2020.

1. SaHo_42 Win User

Schannel 36887

Hey,

pretty new to the IT-world, so please don't judge to hard. On the servers I'm looking at, the task-manager shows me the Error with ID 36887 and it happens every few seconds. It doesn't seem to have any impact on the behaviour of anything. I did an extra Antivirus-Scan, and I couldn't find a similiar thread, because all the discussions about this error were due to an Update from windows 8.

The other topic, I found was about SSL, but our system seems to be in the correct configuration.

Now it is already for a while and I still start worrying. Any idea, how I could act?
    Thank you very much!

:)

SaHo_42, May 18, 2020

2. Schannel, error 36887

My screen goes blank for 2 to 3 seconds and when I check the event viewer, I see an Schannel error and the event ID number is 36887. I am running Windows 10. The blank screen phenomenon is a random event and does not seem to cause any other difficulty.
    Any thoughts as to what is causing this problem. Thanks.

JohnKojcsich, May 18, 2020
  3. anyhko10 Win User
    Event Viewer ID 36887, Schannel, Fatal Alert Received 70

Hi,

I have been getting error in regards to event ID 36887, Schannel error. I'm running on Windows Server 2008 R2, 64bit. I did Windows update but afterwards, it seemed to won't go away. It's been appearing on my event viewer continuously. Help!

anyhko10, May 18, 2020
  4. Jerry.cui Win User

Schannel 36887

Schannel Error 36887

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

-
    <System>

<Provider
    Name="Schannel" Guid="{1F678132-5938-4686-9FDC-C8FF68F15C85}" />

<EventID>36887</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated
    SystemTime="2019-09-27T08:40:09.415101000Z" />

<EventRecordID>1552606</EventRecordID>

<Correlation
    />

<Execution
    ProcessID="556" ThreadID="6600" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>WLBPMSRV006.wl.com</Computer>

<Security
    UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

-
    <EventData>

<Data Name="AlertDesc">45</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

windows server 2012 R2 Standard

Jerry.cui, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Schannel 36887

1. Schannel 36887 - Similar Threads - Schannel 36887

2. Schannel Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Schannel Error: I keep getting this error when playing MW19. I just got a new PC, it's a Windows 11. The certificate received from the remote server does not contain the expected name. It is therefore not possible to determine whether we are connecting to the correct server. The server name...
  3. Schannel Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Schannel Error: I keep getting this error when playing MW19. I just got a new PC, it's a Windows 11. The certificate received from the remote server does not contain the expected name. It is therefore not possible to determine whether we are connecting to the correct server. The server name...
  4. Schannel Event ID 36871 TLS Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Schannel Event ID 36871 TLS Error: Hello all,I have a Windows Server 2016 that host MDT, and its been getting flooded with Schannel Error every few seconds. Error description: "A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS client credential. The internal error state is 10011."Currently I only have TLS 1.2...
  5. Schannel Event ID 36871 TLS Error

Schannel Event ID 36871 TLS Error: Hello all,I have a Windows Server 2016 that host MDT, and its been getting flooded with Schannel Error every few seconds. Error description: "A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS client credential. The internal error state is 10011."Currently I only have TLS 1.2...
  6. Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022: Hey there,how can I enable logging in windows Server 2022? The only official link I could find is this onehttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/developer/webapps/iis/health-diagnostic-performance/enable-schannel-event-logging#more-informationwhich does not explicitly...
  7. Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022

Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022: Hey there,how can I enable logging in windows Server 2022? The only official link I could find is this onehttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/developer/webapps/iis/health-diagnostic-performance/enable-schannel-event-logging#more-informationwhich does not explicitly...
  8. Multiple BSODs in a month, Event Viewer cites "Schannel" and "Kernel-Boot" mainly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs in a month, Event Viewer cites "Schannel" and "Kernel-Boot" mainly: The BSOD crashes range anywhere from hours apart, to days apart, to minutes apart. I just experienced three in the past 15 minutes. Event Log displays these as the most recent errors:A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS client credential. The internal error state is...
  9. Multiple BSODs in a month, Event Viewer cites "Schannel" and "Kernel-Boot" mainly

Multiple BSODs in a month, Event Viewer cites "Schannel" and "Kernel-Boot" mainly: The BSOD crashes range anywhere from hours apart, to days apart, to minutes apart. I just experienced three in the past 15 minutes. Event Log displays these as the most recent errors:A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS client credential. The internal error state is...
  10. Multiple BSODs in a month, Event Viewer cites "Schannel" and "Kernel-Boot" mainly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. eventvwr 36887