Windows 10: Scheduing task to Shutdown after sleep.

Discus and support Scheduing task to Shutdown after sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I was wondering if you are able to schedule a task to shut down the computer after it has been on sleep? I'm gonna try to be as specific as i can. it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by leggomyeggroll, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Scheduing task to Shutdown after sleep.

I was wondering if you are able to schedule a task to shut down the computer after it has been on sleep?
    I'm gonna try to be as specific as i can. it can be anytime of day or night i just want the computer to shut down after it has been on sleep for an hour. For example i leave my on for 15 mins and then it goes to sleep and it could be morning, day, or night it doesn't matter. can i set a task for the the computer to shut down after 1hr of sleep? is so how do i do that?

:)

leggomyeggroll, Mar 2, 2016

2. Reminder/Alert/Pop-up window everytime I click Shutdown/Sleep button

Hello Community,

I would like to set-up an Alert/Reminder or Pop-up window that Windows shows me everytime I press the Shutdown/sleep button, reminding me of a task I have to complete (just text message) and giving me the option to proceed with Shutdown/sleep or abort and
    do the task.

Is this possible to have?

Thanks in advance,

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

JakobOlsson, Mar 2, 2016
  3. PC automatically turns itself on every 24 hours

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Let us know few things to assist you in this regard.

Is it getting turn on after complete shutdown or from Sleep/Hibernate mode?

Since when this Started happening?

Have created a task in Task Scheduler prior?

Give us more information to assist you better in this regard.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 2, 2016
Thema:

Scheduing task to Shutdown after sleep.

1. Scheduing task to Shutdown after sleep. - Similar Threads - Scheduing task Shutdown

2. Windows 11 Task Scheduler Shutdown Task Just Puts My Desktop To Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Task Scheduler Shutdown Task Just Puts My Desktop To Sleep: I have a task to shutdown my desktop at exactly 3 am. It has been working perfectly in Windows 10 but when I upgraded to Windows 11, it just puts my PC to sleep. I still have to manually press the power button for the PC to wake up and proceed with shutting down. It defeats...
  3. Windows 11 Task Scheduler Shutdown Task Just Puts My Desktop To Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Task Scheduler Shutdown Task Just Puts My Desktop To Sleep: I have a task to shutdown my desktop at exactly 3 am. It has been working perfectly in Windows 10 but when I upgraded to Windows 11, it just puts my PC to sleep. I still have to manually press the power button for the PC to wake up and proceed with shutting down. It defeats...
  4. Windows won't power on after after sleep or shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows won't power on after after sleep or shutdown: Since the recent update KB5003637 my PC fails to Power On normally after either Shut Down or Sleep.The convoluted method with the most success has been.1. Switch Power to OFF small toggle button at rear2. Unplug power cable3. Wait 30 seconds4. Reverse steps 1 & 25. Wait 30-60...
  5. laptop is glitchy after sleep mode & shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop is glitchy after sleep mode & shutdown: So here's the problem. After I power up my laptop after it exits sleep mode or even after normal shutdown, the laptop moves very slow and glitchy even cursor moves are glitchy, the taskbar options completely disappear and and only thing that remains is Airplane Mode....
  6. Shutdown Tasks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown Tasks: Is there any way that I can get a program to run automatically when I shut my computer down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutdown-tasks/996501f0-cad7-4d5f-b6e4-e5d593180a11
  7. Shutdown and Sleep Problem

Shutdown and Sleep Problem: I have Windows 10 in my HP Pavilion 15 Laptop. I am not able to shutdown my laptop even not able to put my laptop on sleep mode. Whenever, I shutdown my laptop its screen became blank and hard disk stop running while power button & Power led still show light. In that...
  8. Sleep and Shutdown

Sleep and Shutdown: This problem is really ridiculous. There are 3 pc's in the house and the main oneMINE has the problem.I have tried everything in all the previous folks that have the same problem to no sleep or shutdown. I have been just turning off monitors so they aren't damaged,if that...
  9. Resized and moved windows after sleep or shutdown

Resized and moved windows after sleep or shutdown: New desktop computer, so had to go with Windows 10 Professional, upgraded from Win 7 Pro, and I hate 10 more every day. Every time the computer goes to sleep or is shut down, my windows are all re-sized and moved to the top left corner of the screen. This is indescribably...
  10. Primary SSD disappears after sleep or shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Primary SSD disappears after sleep or shutdown: Hello After sleep or shutdown my SSD with the system on it disappears. Even in the bios i only see the secondary HD. Only after couple of resets it appears again in the bios and i moving it to be the first boot option. In device manager i don't have issues. I restored the...