Windows 10: Schedule/.bat template for disabling Win10 printer management

Discus and support Schedule/.bat template for disabling Win10 printer management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm so frustrated by Windows 10 constantly changing the default printer, and changing the setting that allows it to do so, but I admit whilst I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DeathBlow, Jul 6, 2016.

1. DeathBlow Win User

Schedule/.bat template for disabling Win10 printer management

I'm so frustrated by Windows 10 constantly changing the default printer, and changing the setting that allows it to do so, but I admit whilst I've experience in scheduling tasks and running basic .bat files, the solution offered over at BeepingComputer is a bit out of my league. I would've amended the vbs script offered, however I'm not certain the UNC path it uses/is predicated upon would work - it is a network printer - but I installed using its IP (and navigating to the registry path it contains there is no
    Code: \\[/quote] like in his example, just the printer name).

So to sum up I'm asking if anyone could possible provide a template/instructions on how I'd achieve the solution offered at the link above - that is, to schedule a task that runs a .bat to check to see if the Default Printer is set to my preferred printer and if not change it back (it seems a ridiculous thing to have to ask, but there we are).

Thanks in advance.

:)

DeathBlow, Jul 6, 2016

2. Printers Disappeared Windows 10

Just reinstalled local printers after Win10 update disabled them last night. Received multiple message re: other software that was now non compatible, but no messaging re: Win10 Update just disabled all your printers.

Does Microsoft ever learn from past mistakes? Why is Microsoft Win10 still disabling local printers? There are posts for 18 months now on this issue, why wasn't it addressed?

So Microsoft Engineering Managers never print anything for business, so it isn't important to the rest of us in the business community?

Forest Gump's mother said "Forest, you know. Stupid Is as Stupid Does!"

Asylum Chicago, Jul 6, 2016
  3. How to run concurrent batch jobs in task scheduler

Try copy pasting it please

http://www.aanning.com/ajissues/Parallel_scheduled_tasks/ss1.jpg

I had tried this. Make a bat file, which contains below :

START CLEAR_PHOTOSBYDATE0.BAT

START CLEAR_PHOTOSBYDATE1.BAT

START CLEAR_PHOTOSBYDATE2.BAT

Double click...runs great. Right click, run as administrator, and it can not find the files...it does this in Task Scheduler too. This tells me task scheduler runs as admin.

My properties are as:

http://www.aanning.com/ajissues/Parallel_scheduled_tasks/properties.jpg

Janning197, Jul 6, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Go to Search or Press the Windows key +R and type the printers name or the computer that is hosting it(eg)
    \\PrinterName or it's IP address (eg) \\192.168.1.1 and press enter. This will open the shared file, Right click the printer and choose Connect. This will install the network printer on the computer you are using.

spunk, Jul 7, 2016
  5. DeathBlow Win User
    Hi there. The printer is already installed and works fine, it is the Windows setting "Let Windows manage Default Printer" that keeps changing my default printer to any other printer/plotter/PDF I use (and constantly turns itself back on when disabled).

Are you suggesting I reinstall it in the method you describe above as to use the VBS script provided?

DeathBlow, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Schedule/.bat template for disabling Win10 printer management - Similar Threads - Schedule bat template

2. How to disable USB Power Management in Device Manager with a bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable USB Power Management in Device Manager with a bat file: As the title says I want to disable USB Power Management in Device Manager with a .bat file.I have successfully disabled the USB Selective suspend settings code below under Control Panel > Power Options > Edit Plan Settingspowercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT...
  3. How to disable USB Power Management in Device Manager with a bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable USB Power Management in Device Manager with a bat file: As the title says I want to disable USB Power Management in Device Manager with a .bat file.I have successfully disabled the USB Selective suspend settings code below under Control Panel > Power Options > Edit Plan Settingspowercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT...
  4. How to disable USB Power Management in Device Manager with a bat file

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Win10 Task scheduler $%#*&#$%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Task scheduler $%#*&#$%: After setting up my new computer I tried to get ^*&%#% Win10 to run Chess Titans from Win7 by using the Compatibility Wizard, when that didn't work, I tried compatibility with WinVista... that didn't work. After posting a question here I gave up.Still in the process of...
  6. Win10 Task scheduler $%#*&#$%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Task scheduler $%#*&#$%: After setting up my new computer I tried to get ^*&%#% Win10 to run Chess Titans from Win7 by using the Compatibility Wizard, when that didn't work, I tried compatibility with WinVista... that didn't work. After posting a question here I gave up.Still in the process of...
  7. Win10 Task scheduler $%#*&#$%

8. Scheduled Task Won't Launch Program with .bat File

Scheduled Task Won't Launch Program with .bat File: I wrote a couple simple bat files to both shut down and launch Adobe Media Encoder on a Windows 10 machine. When I double click on them, both launch and execute flawlessly. However when I schedule a task and click to run them from the scheduled task, the status just shows...
  9. Task Scheduler and Bat File Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler and Bat File Problem: Hi, Not sure which forum to post this in, but hopefully someone has some insight and can help me with this. I have a simple .bat file that stops my media server, creates an archive of a folder (for backup purposes), and then starts the media server again. It works...
  10. bat job started by Task Scheduler does not pause

in Windows 10 Support
    bat job started by Task Scheduler does not pause: In the last week or so all bat jobs started by Task Scheduler have not paused. Previously, I would find a black CMD window open, waiting for me to hit return to close the window. The following test indicates that the bat job ran, but it did not pause. TEST.BAT time /T >...