Windows 10: Schedule Defender Scans

Discus and support Schedule Defender Scans in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; No issue running at demand quick scans via Settings >Windows security>virus and threats >select quick scan . OK. Went to Task scheduler > windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Oldhead, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Oldhead Win User

Schedule Defender Scans

No issue running at demand quick scans via Settings >Windows security>virus and threats >select quick scan . OK.
    Went to Task scheduler > windows defender to sequence a daily scheduled scan as per Brinks Tutorial and found this .

Schedule Defender Scans [​IMG]

Proceeded to insert new scheduled scan >start date >time .Clicked ok
    Why has task scheduler shown all four previous scheduled tasks .Ready -No last runtime 30-11-99 12am (0x41303) No history
    I was under the impression ,that with windows defender it was set up to run as auto each day and then on demand from user ,similiar to how various open market anti virus programs.

:)

Oldhead, Feb 29, 2020

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

anhnguyen19G&H, Feb 29, 2020
  4. mwidunn Win User

Schedule Defender Scans

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?

I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows
    > Windows Defender.

I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I believe that I deleted the whole task (when I thought I was just deleting its properties and triggers).

Is there any way to get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in the list of tasks?

Thanks!

mwidunn, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Schedule Defender Scans

1. Schedule Defender Scans - Similar Threads - Schedule Defender Scans

2. Windows Defender Schedule Scan Help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Schedule Scan Help: For whatever reason I do not have Windows Defender Schedule scan and need to restore it. Can someone please tell me how to restore it? I currently have Windows 10 and I'm having trouble trying to locate the Window Defender Schedule Scan .xml file. 174473
  3. Windows Defender Schedule Scan Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender Schedule Scan Help: For whatever reason I do not have Windows Defender Schedule scan and need to restore it. Can someone please tell me how to restore it? I currently have Windows 10 and I'm having trouble trying to locate the Window Defender Schedule Scan .xml file. 174473
  4. Windows Defender Scan Schedule

Windows Defender Scan Schedule: TWO QUESTIONS here... 1 Why is there absolutely no information in the "Task Scheduler" pertaining to exactly WHEN and HOW OFTEN the default/automated Windows Defender scans are run? 2 Yes, there are "Triggers" available to customize scan schedule. But does this cause the...
  5. Defender scheduled scan set up.

Defender scheduled scan set up.: Moderators kindly move this post to relevant if required. I may have screwed up,advice welcomed . Task Scheduler > Libraries> Windows > Windows Defender . Objective to insert new task > Scan daily full scan @7.30am.Start date 03/03/2020 Double clicked Windows defender...
  6. how to schedule windows defender scan

how to schedule windows defender scan: How can I schedule a windows defender scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-schedule-windows-defender-scan/1751ff45-23df-4e9e-ba79-2a46a16b7abd
  7. Scheduling Windows Defender scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduling Windows Defender scans: I'm not understanding how/if Windows Defender anti-virus, etc. scans operate. Does the User need to manually start a scan, from the various Scan types available in settings ? It's unclear. Can't find anywhere to examine previous Defender scans ....to see what was...
  8. Schedule Windows Defender Scan

Schedule Windows Defender Scan: Can I schedule a virus scan to run at regular times? [Original Title: Windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/schedule-windows-defender-scan/eab2c9ea-4138-4a76-80d1-e0afa89c8f10
  9. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan: How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I...
  10. Windows Defender Scan Schedule?

Windows Defender Scan Schedule?: Don't know if this is just me or not, but: For the last month or so WD regularly hits me with the Yellow Warning Triangle to SCAN NOW. Sometimes twice a day. Sometimes days between these events. I don't know enough to be able to find the date/time of it's last scan. Not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft defender scheduled scan 1999