Windows 10: Schedule downloading and installing of Windows Update

Discus and support Schedule downloading and installing of Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! Is any way to configure Windows Update manually, to get updates DOWNLOAD & INSTALL on specific day? I do not want that Windows Updates will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FrihuPL, Mar 24, 2020.

1. FrihuPL Win User

Schedule downloading and installing of Windows Update

Hello!

Is any way to configure Windows Update manually, to get updates DOWNLOAD & INSTALL on specific day?

I do not want that Windows Updates will be downloaded and installed during standard work day. I would like that Windows will do it only on the weekend, e.g. on Sunday. I know that there is a option to autoupdate and install on specific day, but issue is that I want that WU will be as well downloaded on specific day... and should not be done it manually by me option with notifying that updates are ready to download and install.

Hope you understand my question... ;

Many thanks in advance for help,

BR

:)

FrihuPL, Mar 24, 2020

2. How to schedule Windows Update Downloads.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

As per your query, I understand that you wish to set your Windows Update settings to such that you can download the updates as per your convenience.

In such a case, I would like to inform you that, it is not possible for you to schedule the download of updates. However, you can schedule the updates to install at a time which is of your convenience. To do so follow the steps below:

• Open the Start menu and type Windows update in the search bar.

• Click on Windows update.

• Click on Advanced options under Windows updates.

• Select the Notifies to scheduled restart form drop down menu under the Choose how update are installed.
    Note: You will be prompted to scheduled restart when to install the updates after the updates are downloaded.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Schedule download and installation of updates?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

Based on your description, be informed that Windows updates will automatically download on Windows 10, it is by design. However, you can reschedule the restart after downloading the updates and also you can try scheduling
    Windows updates, when Windows update is prompt you can try scheduling the update. Check if it helps.

• Open the Start menu and type Windows update in the search bar.

• Click on Windows update.

• Click on Advanced options under Windows updates.

• Select the Notifies to scheduled restart form drop down menu under the Choose how update are installed.
    You will be prompted to scheduled restart when to install the updates after the updates are downloaded.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Schedule downloading and installing of Windows Update

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Schedule downloading and installing of Windows Update

1. Schedule downloading and installing of Windows Update - Similar Threads - Schedule downloading installing

2. Scheduling downloads of Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scheduling downloads of Windows 10 updates: The other thread was locked so I thought I'd start a new one. Has any progress been made on the ability to schedule downloads of Windows updates during a certain time period? It can't be that hard, the feature used to be in Windows 7. Please note that I am NOT talking...
  3. Scheduling time for update downloads

Scheduling time for update downloads: I am on a metered satellite connection and wish to have all giant windows updates 1GByte size, etc. take place between 2AM and 8AM when my service offers me ten times more monthly download capacity than between 8AM and 2AM. I seem to remember that there was a download...
  4. Schedule Downloading of Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Schedule Downloading of Windows 10 Update: I have a metered internet plan with a free download period from 3am to 6am local time to me. The metered limit to my plan is 12 GB and I need it for my normal uses. How do I schedule the downloads of Microsoft product updates to my free download time period? thank you...
  5. How to schedule Windows Update download times

How to schedule Windows Update download times: Hi guys, Due to where I live I have a broadband satellite internet connection which still have a peak and off-peak download quota. My issue is MS Windows Update downloads keep blowing out my peak download quota as the peak time is 7am to 2am. I would like to know if I can...
  6. How to schedule the download time for Windows Update packages

How to schedule the download time for Windows Update packages: How can I schedule the download time for Windows Update so that it only downloads during Off Peak data times, typically 01:00 to 07:00 with my satellite broadband provider Please note that I am not asking to schedule the restart, only the downloading of the update packages....
  7. How to schedule windows update download time?

How to schedule windows update download time?: Windows updates are chewing my data, i want to schedule them to download at night during off-peak period Windows 7 could do this why did it get removed in Windows 10?...
  8. Can I schedule the time Windows downloads updates?

Can I schedule the time Windows downloads updates?: The title pretty much says it all. I want Windows to download updates between 2 and 8 am. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/can-i-schedule-the-time-windows-downloads-updates/62f0a5e2-5378-410f-8e87-cec6c5bef7db
  9. Scheduling Downloads

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Scheduling Downloads: I have used group policy to schedule installs & restart at 3am on Sunday morning. (Option 4). What I would like to do is to schedule the download, install & restart at the same time 3am Sunday. I may be wrong but it appears to me that you can't schedule the download -...
  10. Schedule Update Downloads

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Schedule Update Downloads: Update Downloads are killing my streaming TV performance. I can't use the metered network option as it will slow my TV streaming. How can I control when Update Downloads take place? 39302