Windows 10: Schedule restart found reset to Automatic (recommended). How? When?

Discus and support Schedule restart found reset to Automatic (recommended). How? When? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I set Windows update to notify me to schedule a restart. To my horror, I found it had been reset to Automatic (recommended). I didn't do that...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dalchina, Feb 25, 2016.

1. dalchina New Member

Schedule restart found reset to Automatic (recommended). How? When?

I set Windows update to notify me to schedule a restart.

To my horror, I found it had been reset to Automatic (recommended).

I didn't do that... so that's not good. Has anyone experienced this?

:)

dalchina, Feb 25, 2016
  2. Artcon Win User

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3093266) won't install

Update KB3093266 failed to download, and after stopping and starting service, found that it failed to install.

Under Windows Updates, is Advanced Options, Choose how updates are installed. Switched from Automatic (Recommend) to Notify to schedule restart. Then back to Windows Update page, click on Check for updates.

Then restarted when was given option.

Artcon, Feb 25, 2016
  3. Alan B Win User
    Alter Windows 10 to stop scheduling reboots! Data loss = lawsuit material.

Start - Settings - Update and Security - Advanced options

Change Automatic (recommended) to Notify to schedule restart.

Alan B, Feb 25, 2016
Thema:

Schedule restart found reset to Automatic (recommended). How? When?

1. Schedule restart found reset to Automatic (recommended). How? When? - Similar Threads - Schedule restart found

2. Automatic restarts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic restarts: My brother's pc has 1803 and got a notification for restarting to upgrade to 1903. That's cool and all, but it doesn't restart automatically some days later. The "update and restart" button is a separate button. Does it keep waiting for you to manually restart or will it...
  3. There should never be an automatic scheduled restart for updates.

There should never be an automatic scheduled restart for updates.: I'm tired of the "automatic restart" for Windows updates. It always happens when I'm not available to save my work. There should never be an "automatic restart". If Windows wants to update, the restart should have to wait until I'm actually able to deal with it....
  4. automatic restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    automatic restart: Hello, How to stop windows from automatic restart? I lost my experiments that was running for days because of this issue, and I have to repeat everything again. It seems technology is getting smarter except windows, I wonder why? Best, Hamzah...
  5. Automatically Restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatically Restart.: My computer sometimes says that it will restart automatically in one minute. This is annoying, some days it happens only one time but then others it happens every time. Please help....
  6. schedule restart by windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    schedule restart by windows: my win is not enabling schedule restart option.....after recent updates installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/schedule-restart-by-windows/cd805d68-3190-4332-869a-800d6f16eeda
  7. How to disable/delete scheduled tasks automatically when rebooting?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable/delete scheduled tasks automatically when rebooting?: I have several scheduled tasks from an app that keep reappearing in task scheduler with each reboot. If I disable them or even delete them they just reappear each time I reboot my PC. If I disable them they stay disabled until the next reboot. Is it possible to set up a...
  8. Notify to schedule restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Notify to schedule restart: How do I set "Notify to schedule restart"? I used to have my W10IP set to this, but now I can't find it anywhere in the useless "phone GUI" Settings screen. Has MS removed this from W10? 70107
  9. Restart is scheduled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restart is scheduled: I keep getting a pop-up message that say's "Don't Forget a restart is scheduled for ?? oclock" I have cleared the notifications and restarted my computer 3 times and still get this message. The only difference is the time keeps changing. I don't have any updates listed as...
  10. Re-scheduled restart

Re-scheduled restart: New HP Envy 17" only had it a week. Settings>update & security> windows updates. The schedule restart is set for 03.30 but my PC is switched off over night, so every morning it wants to restart 5 minutes after I log on. I can't seem to change that setting, it's greyed out....