Windows 10: Schedule restart found reset to Automatic (recommended). How? When?

Discus and support Schedule restart found reset to Automatic (recommended). How? When? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I set Windows update to notify me to schedule a restart. To my horror, I found it had been reset to Automatic (recommended). I didn't do that...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dalchina, Feb 25, 2016.

1. dalchina New Member

Schedule restart found reset to Automatic (recommended). How? When?

I set Windows update to notify me to schedule a restart.

To my horror, I found it had been reset to Automatic (recommended).

I didn't do that... so that's not good. Has anyone experienced this?

:)

dalchina, Feb 25, 2016
  2. Artcon Win User

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3093266) won't install

Update KB3093266 failed to download, and after stopping and starting service, found that it failed to install.

Under Windows Updates, is Advanced Options, Choose how updates are installed. Switched from Automatic (Recommend) to Notify to schedule restart. Then back to Windows Update page, click on Check for updates.

Then restarted when was given option.

Artcon, Feb 25, 2016
  3. Alan B Win User
    Alter Windows 10 to stop scheduling reboots! Data loss = lawsuit material.

Start - Settings - Update and Security - Advanced options

Change Automatic (recommended) to Notify to schedule restart.

Alan B, Feb 25, 2016
Thema:

Schedule restart found reset to Automatic (recommended). How? When?

1. Schedule restart found reset to Automatic (recommended). How? When? - Similar Threads - Schedule restart found

2. GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time: I'm configuring some group policies around Windows Updates. For "Always automatically restart at the scheduled time" does the timer for the scheduled restart start after the updates are finished installing or the scheduled install time?...
  3. GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time: I'm configuring some group policies around Windows Updates. For "Always automatically restart at the scheduled time" does the timer for the scheduled restart start after the updates are finished installing or the scheduled install time?...
  4. GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to reset Task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset Task scheduler?: I would like to know on how to reset Task scheduler, so every existing task is deleted and I can recreate a new taskDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  6. How to reset Task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset Task scheduler?: I would like to know on how to reset Task scheduler, so every existing task is deleted and I can recreate a new taskDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  7. Automatic restart scheduled for important updates

Automatic restart scheduled for important updates: A red window appeared on my screen today, saying “Automatic restart scheduled for important updates.” It goes on to say that I need to restart now to get a newer version of Windows 10, because my present version is nearing the end of service. But this window totally locks my...
  8. There should never be an automatic scheduled restart for updates.

There should never be an automatic scheduled restart for updates.: I'm tired of the "automatic restart" for Windows updates. It always happens when I'm not available to save my work. There should never be an "automatic restart". If Windows wants to update, the restart should have to wait until I'm actually able to deal with it....
  9. How to disable/delete scheduled tasks automatically when rebooting?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable/delete scheduled tasks automatically when rebooting?: I have several scheduled tasks from an app that keep reappearing in task scheduler with each reboot. If I disable them or even delete them they just reappear each time I reboot my PC. If I disable them they stay disabled until the next reboot. Is it possible to set up a...
  10. Restart is scheduled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restart is scheduled: I keep getting a pop-up message that say's "Don't Forget a restart is scheduled for ?? oclock" I have cleared the notifications and restarted my computer 3 times and still get this message. The only difference is the time keeps changing. I don't have any updates listed as...