Windows 10: Schedule screen sleep timeout does not darken screen

Discus and support Schedule screen sleep timeout does not darken screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been experiencing this problem for at least the past three weeks (today is 11/27/2019). I normally have my power settings set to have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MesPia, Nov 27, 2019.

1. MesPia Win User

Schedule screen sleep timeout does not darken screen

I have been experiencing this problem for at least the past three weeks (today is 11/27/2019). I normally have my power settings set to have the screen go to sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity. This was working fine up until about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I have been online for almost a whole day with Microsoft (including remote control of my computer) without a solution. I have received the latest Windows update (Version 1909, Build 18363.476) on 11/20. We have even done an in-place reinstallation of Windows without solving the problem. I have also tried Dell support (my computer is a Dell XPS 8930 Desktop). After looking at a "powercfg /energy" report, they thought the problem might be hardware-related and they sent a technician to replace my motherboard. That was done yesterday, but it also did not fix the problem.

The technician who did the motherboard replacement says he has the same problem with his computer which he put together himself, so it does not appear to be related to a particular type of computer. He suspects, and I somewhat agree with him, that some recent Microsoft update is what broke the screen sleep feature, but no one seems to know for sure.

Has anyone else come across this problem and come up with a solution? I know it's not a big problem. I can always just manually shut off my monitor when I leave the computer for awhile, but it's just so more convenient for that to happen automatically.

In case it makes a difference, my computer monitor is a Samsung U28E590.

:)

MesPia, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Is it possible to completely darken my laptop screen?

I have a Dell XPS 9550, and I'm trying to find a way to completely darken my screen (as if it's on sleep), akin to the screen adjustment function on a Mac. At the moment, the lowest screen brightness isn't completely black. Is it possible to completely
    darken the screen, though? Thanks.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Lock Screen Timer

Hi Peter,

Let us check the Screen timeout settings if the screen
    and sleep function are properly set. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start menu and then choose Settings.
    • Select Personalization and then go to Lock screen.
    • Click Screen timeout settings and make sure that Screen
      and Sleep are set to never.
    Let us know how it goes.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Schedule screen sleep timeout does not darken screen - Similar Threads - Schedule screen sleep

2. Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout: I've seen this Registry setting before, but I just did a web search and couldn't find it. When the screen times out and turns off, there are a couple of seconds during which you can wiggle the mouse or press the space bar and the screen will return, but not be locked. After...
  3. Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout: I've seen this Registry setting before, but I just did a web search and couldn't find it. When the screen times out and turns off, there are a couple of seconds during which you can wiggle the mouse or press the space bar and the screen will return, but not be locked. After...
  4. Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Timeout: Set my screen timeout setting to never but it continues to return to login screen when not in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/922a0121-8016-481f-9e30-2d1706bfea99
  6. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Timeout: Set my screen timeout setting to never but it continues to return to login screen when not in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/922a0121-8016-481f-9e30-2d1706bfea99
  7. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Screen timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen timeout: my screen times out in 1 minute? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/09d0bb22-1a16-4f0b-b02d-0960081325c9
  9. screen timeout/sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen timeout/sleep: my Acer is scheduled to go to sleep after 3 hours of away time (when plugged in) but goes to sleep after only a couple minutes. It is driving me crazy! does anyone know what setting I may need to adjust?...
  10. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Timeout: Just got new computer for work with Windows 10 Pro I believe. No matter how many articles and advice posts I read and try, my screen locks out in 2 minutes and you have to log back in. Someone please help, this makes me want to choke someone out all day...