Windows 10: Schedule Tasks not able to open excel file

Discus and support Schedule Tasks not able to open excel file in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I setup a scheduled task within window 7, it works fine and open an excel file, but when I do the same setting under window 10, it can open excel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by oemSoft, Feb 18, 2020.

1. oemSoft Win User

Schedule Tasks not able to open excel file

When I setup a scheduled task within window 7, it works fine and open an excel file, but when I do the same setting under window 10, it can open excel application, but not able to open excel file.

I have double checked on both PC and confirm those scheduled settings are correct.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what wrong setting is?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Ref:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/schedule-tasks-not-able-to-open-excel-file/73bec2ad-e3e9-43c6-bfb0-985c1645a9d3

:)

oemSoft, Feb 18, 2020

2. Why do I get this pop-up "How do you want to open this file?" when I uses task scheduler to open the excel file? in Windows 10

Hello,

Let us perform the instructions below to check if it will help up resolve your concern:

• Open Task Scheduler and then create a basic task.
    • On the Start a Program window, browse for the executable file of Excel and then enter the file path of the Excel file you want to open using a Task Scheduler. (e.g.
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\EXCEL.EXE" "C:\Users\username\Downloads\samplefile.xlsx")
    • Click Next and then click Finish.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Task schedule is not opening

Were you able to find the file in the location it said to delete it?

Are you able to get into the Task Scheduler to click on Library, scroll down the list in the center to find that Task to disable it on the right hand panel?

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Schedule Tasks not able to open excel file

Task Scheduler error "One or more of the specified arguments are not valid."

Don't know why excel.exe is looking for march.xlsx in different folders:

EXCEL.EXE 34364 CreateFile C:\Users\Ian\Documents\?C:\Users\Ian\Desktop\March.xlsx
    NAME INVALID

EXCEL.EXE 34364 CreateFile C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\vfs\SystemX86\?C:\Users\Ian\Desktop\March.xlsx

May be this is because you have a Office Click-to-run installation. And why does it open correctly when the file is outside your user profile.. still clueless. Saving "All events" to the log might help.

Step 1

• Close ALL running programs.
    • Open Task Scheduler and snap it to the left half of the screen.
    • Select the task that launches the excel file. (Don't run it yet.)

Step 2

• Open Process Monitor and dock it to the right side of the screen.
    • Reset ALL filters. Clear the log (CTRL+X) and them. Start capturing
    • Switch to the Task scheduler window, right-click the excel task and click Run.
    • Wait until excel opens and throws that error (file not found?) (let that dialog remain)
    • Immediately switch to Process Monitor window and stop capturing.

Save the log (ALL events), Zip it and upload. Also, post the exact error message shown by Excel

Let's see if we can find anything this time.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Schedule Tasks not able to open excel file

1. Schedule Tasks not able to open excel file - Similar Threads - Schedule Tasks able

2. Task Scheduler not running EXCEL File automatically on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler not running EXCEL File automatically on Windows 10: Task Scheduler not running an Excel File automatically on Windows 10 but runs perfectly fine on windows 7? this is how the task shows of the file of the excel file . http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2004/02/mit/task" version="1.3. does it seem to be an outdated version of...
  3. Task Scheduler not running EXCEL File automatically on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler not running EXCEL File automatically on Windows 10: Task Scheduler not running an Excel File automatically on Windows 10 but runs perfectly fine on windows 7? this is how the task shows of the file of the excel file . http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2004/02/mit/task" version="1.3. does it seem to be an outdated version of...
  4. Task Scheduler not running EXCEL File automatically on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task Scheduler does not recognize Excel app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Scheduler does not recognize Excel app: I have several apps that are started automatically on my pc using the TASK Scheduler without problems, but today I wanted to schedule an Excel app to startup on once a month. I entered the parameters the same as the other Task Scheduler apps that WORK. BUT when I tried to...
  6. Task Scheduler not able to start Excel if user is not logged in Windows 10 and Office 365

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler not able to start Excel if user is not logged in Windows 10 and Office 365: Using Windows 10 and MS Office 365, the Task Scheduler is no longer able to start Excel if user is not logged in. I have successfully been running unattended Excel macros via Task Scheduler for about 6 months. They stopped working in mid Apr 2021. I eventually reverted to an...
  7. Task Scheduler with Windows OLE Excel

Task Scheduler with Windows OLE Excel: Hi, I got the code block in Perl below. I can run via Command and get the output result. When I add a Task Scheduler via my Remote Desktop machine and I'm not getting any result. I have Administrator on this system and below is my setting. I did some search and folks...
  8. Task Scheduler "Open With" Prompt

Task Scheduler "Open With" Prompt: Hello.... I am having a strange issue. I have a small program that I use to sync my computers. In order to run this program automatically overnight, I set up a task in Windows Task Scheduler. I have a task setup to shutdown any programs that may prevent files from syncing and...
  9. Task Scheduler Windows 10 - Refreshing an Excel Spreadsheet daily on open

Task Scheduler Windows 10 - Refreshing an Excel Spreadsheet daily on open: I have the code below. It worked on my old windows machine but now the code does not work for my Windows 10 machine. Thoughts? Here is the code and message I get. It asks me how do I want to open the file (picture below). Also, can I store this file on OneDrive and...
  10. Errors by opening Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Errors by opening Task Scheduler: Hello. When I open the Task Scheduler, I get many error messages, which mostly resemble to "Task Name: The task object version is either unsupported or invalid" along with a few "The selected task 'Name' no longer exists. To see current task, click Refresh". One thing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com