Windows 10: Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler)

Discus and support Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HiI have tried using windows task scheduler to sleep and wake up at different times but it does not work. I am using a Linx 1010 tablet. Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DarraghBurke, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler)

HiI have tried using windows task scheduler to sleep and wake up at different times but it does not work. I am using a Linx 1010 tablet. Windows 10Would anyone know if there any third party app, or any other way to do this task?Many thanks

:)

DarraghBurke, Aug 30, 2017

2. Whats the real world method to setup the Task Scheduler to wake a Windows 10 pc from sleep?

I am attempting to set up a task to wake Windows 10 from sleep at a set time of the day. All my attempts have failed. I have notice that some websites contain contradictory information as to what the correct program script and arguments to be
    entered into the task scheduler. I am currently using cmd.exe and Program/script. Has anyone ever gotten the task scheduler to work and wake a PC from sleep. What script and argument did you use?

CliffordSanford, Aug 30, 2017
  3. Barry1259 Win User
    Win 10, schedule wake up

Hello,

I would like to have Cobian backup 11 backup two directories on my computer at 6:05 AM every morning.

If I run the Cobian backup "tasks" manually, the backups complete properly.

If I set Win 10 Power-sleep to "Never", the backup runs properly as scheduled at 6:05 AM.

If I set Win 10 Power-sleep to something like two hours, the Cobian backup does not run as scheduled at 6:05 AM. (I can see in the Cobian logs that the backup did not run. The computer is very likely asleep
    at this time.)

If I use Win 10 task scheduler to create a task that should wake up the computer at 6 AM, Task scheduler reports that the task runs successfully at 6 AM (according to task scheduler - run as administrator),
    but my Cobian backup does not run – as if the computer is asleep.

The task I run at 6 am in the task scheduler is cmd.exe /c "exit". Yes, the "wake timers" are set to "Enable"

My best guess is that the task that is being run is not waking the computer to allow the Cobian backup to run - it seems the command being is being run without waking up the computer.

Or maybe the computer is waking up, but nobody is logged in and that is preventing Cobian from running.

Are either the likely cause? Is there a better way to wake up a Win 10 computer at a scheduled time?

Thanks,

Barry.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

Barry1259, Aug 30, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler)

5. Hi. yes, that is what I tried with task scheduler

6. lx07 Win User
    Well I will give it a go.

It may take me a while.

It is the wake-up you are interested in right? Or you have a problem with shutdown as well?

7. Thanks

Putting it to sleep didnt work either. More interested in wake up though.

Depending on your os/device it may work for you, as mentioned im trying on Linx 1010 tablet

8. lx07 Win User

OK I tried but it didn't work.

This is the history...

Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler) [​IMG]

Perhaps it just isn't possible (perhaps it is because I need a fingerprint to resume from sleep and perhaps you have some similar biometric required).

Why do you want to do it?

I'll try if you have a decent reason - it seems a odd thing to want to do (sorry to say that).

It could be HTG are just wrong and it is impossible of course.

9. Thanks for trying.

I use the tablets for a business I have and only have remote access to them, I would like to turn the tablets off at night or put to sleep to cause less damage to the battery. So would be great to have something to put to sleep and wake up automatically

10. lx07 Win User
    You are welcome, sorry it didn't work.

Surely you can just schedule them to sleep (or just turn off the screen). They will wake up if someone prods them (although being already awake and visible may be your issue).

Worst case, don't worry about battery - just leave them on. You'll buy new ones before the battery dies.

Thema:

1. Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler) - Similar Threads - Schedule wake sleep

2. Scheduled Task will not Wake PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scheduled Task will not Wake PC: I have a process to backup my laptop to my NAS. This is scheduled to run, with Task Scheduler, as 22:30 each evening. The process used to wake the PC and run successfully on my old laptop, but fails to wake my new HP Pavilion 15-eg3016na. Instead, the process runs as soon as...
  3. Scheduled Task will not Wake PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduled Task will not Wake PC: I have a process to backup my laptop to my NAS. This is scheduled to run, with Task Scheduler, as 22:30 each evening. The process used to wake the PC and run successfully on my old laptop, but fails to wake my new HP Pavilion 15-eg3016na. Instead, the process runs as soon as...
  4. Task Scheduler Not Waking Home Use Windows 11 From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Not Waking Home Use Windows 11 From Sleep: Hi! I'm trying to make Task Scheduler follow a schedule to:Wake my laptopOpen Thunderbird.exeBring Thunderbrid.exe to the foregroundProblemThe scheduled task only runs after I manually wake my laptop from sleepNot sure if related to the root cause of the issue: Sometimes the...
  5. Task Scheduler Not Waking Home Use Windows 11 From Sleep

Task Scheduler Not Waking Home Use Windows 11 From Sleep: Hi! I'm trying to make Task Scheduler follow a schedule to:Wake my laptopOpen Thunderbird.exeBring Thunderbrid.exe to the foregroundProblemThe scheduled task only runs after I manually wake my laptop from sleepNot sure if related to the root cause of the issue: Sometimes the...
  6. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation: Hi,I have a HP EliteBook 840 G1 with Windows 10.I am looking to put my laptop to sleep/hibernation each night at a set time. Then the scheduler will wake the PC at a set time and run a .bat file. The Windows scheduler wakes the PC fine but after a few minutes it goes back to...
  7. I cannot get the PC to wake up using task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot get the PC to wake up using task scheduler: I cannot get my Intel NUC to wake up using the task scheduler. It is running Windows 10 version 1903. I am using How to Schedule Windows to Schedule it to Wake up and Goto Sleep a guide and so to start with I have disabled hibernation using: powercfg -h off via the command...
  8. Scheduled Tasks in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled Tasks in sleep mode: I often have my computer in sleep mode during the day and usually off at night while I'm sleeping. I've noticed that during the day when I'm out and have left the computer in sleep mode, it has done a Windows update. I'm wondering if the computer can also complete scheduled...
  9. Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks: Other than going through each and every task in the task scheduler, is there a way to see those that are allowed to wake the machine while it is sleeping? My PC woke up this morning at 3:30 am. It then went back to sleep about ten minutes later. I've checked all of the normal...
  10. Scheduled Task not waking up PC.

in Windows 10 Support
    Scheduled Task not waking up PC.: Hello, I have made a scheduled task with the option to wake up the pc from sleep state to run a program. When I tick the option Wake the computer to run this task the computer won't wake up at the given time. I have red in a forum of MS that this was a problem in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 task scheduler will not wake pc

2. schtasks wake up not working

3. wake up windows from sleep remotely task scheduler

4. task scheduler sleep,
  5. troubleshoot wake up from task scheduler,
  6. schedule windows wake up from sleep,
  7. wake task scheduler,
  8. schedule sleep without task scheduler,
  9. schtasks sleep and wake up,
  10. task scheduler in sleep,
  11. schedule windows sleep,