Windows 10: Scheduled Backup of VHDX

Discus and support Scheduled Backup of VHDX in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there, 1st post & it doesn't appear to be a duplicate (or at least a search revealed nothing) :) I'm looking for the simplest solution to schedule... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by flapinux, Jul 18, 2020.

1. flapinux Win User

Scheduled Backup of VHDX

Hi there, 1st post & it doesn't appear to be a duplicate (or at least a search revealed nothing) Scheduled Backup of VHDX :)

I'm looking for the simplest solution to schedule automatic backups of the VHDX files of my VMs. Currently I'm just manually copying the folder once a week but it would be nice to run this automatically.
    Hyper-V
    5 VMs

:)

flapinux, Jul 18, 2020

2. Repair HyperV Machine Boot (VHDX)

Davichin
    In the morning I feel my suggestions were a bit over-complicated; the easiest way should be:
    - add second vhdx into the same virtual machine
    - install win10 on it using ltsc iso
    - add bootmenu entry for rescued system using easybcd.
    Other steps are unnecessary.

muchomurka, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Zebbers Win User
    Install Windows 10 backup (.VHDX) on Windows 8.1

Hi everyone.

1.5 years back i bought a small laptop which had pre-installed Windows 10 on it (with office,apps,etc).

At the time i needed Windows 8.1 ,so i made Win 10 backup on external HDD,and installed Windows 8.1 over it.

Right now i want to recover that backup by installing it over Windows 8.1.

My question is how to do it? The recovery itself has 3 separate .VHDX files and few XML files

Scheduled Backup of VHDX 83720d54-703e-4c88-a827-67efd2155029?upload=true.png

As you see 1st .VHDX is ~13GB, 2ns .VHDX is 290MB and 3rd .VHDX is 38MB.

Do i need to somehow convert to bootable file or merge all 3 VHDX images in one?

I did see an article in one place that showed a possibility to mount and boot .VHDX backup using Powershell,however in my case i have 3 separate files.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Zebbers, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Geekoid Win User

Scheduled Backup of VHDX

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Scheduled Backup of VHDX

1. Scheduled Backup of VHDX - Similar Threads - Scheduled Backup VHDX

2. Scheduled Backup and Local password storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scheduled Backup and Local password storage: [If this is not posted in the right forum or board, apologies and please let me know the correct one.]Change Group PolicyIn order to satisfy best security practices, I recently altered Group Policy: Enabled Storing Local PasswordsComputer Config -> Policies -> Windows...
  3. How to backup and restore task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to backup and restore task scheduler?: I would like to know on how to backup and restore task scheduler in case of handling corrupted fileDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  4. Widows backup not run in the schedule time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Widows backup not run in the schedule time: Windows backup to my computer does not run on schedule. At times will miss backup. Was supposed to run last night and this morning when I checked it had not run. While I was checking, it started to run. Sme times it does not run and I have to start it manually. This happens...
  5. Scheduled backup and system imaging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scheduled backup and system imaging: Can I do backup multiple times with schedule by system imaging without wiping out my data on the target drive everytime I did a backup via system imaging method. I'll be backing up my pc later onusing Macrium reflect, and thought I would do multiple backups in the future....
  6. Backup scheduling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup scheduling in Windows 10: I recently purchased a Seagate 4TB external hard drive and would like to schedule it to backup files from my Windows 10 PC. However, the only option I see is with Windows 10 File History which does not provide scheduling other than several hours or daily. I used to use...
  7. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis: Hello, I would like to ask you and at the same time a Microsoft representative to send me the exact way how to uncheck / disable forever the checked function in Task Scheduler - UpdateOrchestrator - Backup Scan - on the folder "Conditions" - "Wake the computer to run this...
  8. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis: Hello, I would like to ask you and at the same time a Microsoft representative to send me the exact way how to uncheck / disable forever the checked function in Task Scheduler - UpdateOrchestrator - Backup Scan - on the folder "Conditions" - "Wake the computer to run this...
  9. Scheduling backup

Scheduling backup: Hi folks I just decided to use File history as a backup for Windows 10. I'm backing up to a 1TB Hard Drive. How can I tell File History to start the backup at a specific time each day when I'm not busy or when the computer is still active? Thanks in advance Bob H 95322
  10. Cannot Schedule Backups

Cannot Schedule Backups: Hi Forum, When I set up a daily backup, it does not occur. I can do a manual backup, and it works, but the automatic daily does not. I have daily selected, and keep forever. I have my pictures and videos set to be skipped. When I click on advanced settings, it says the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vhdx daily backup