Windows 10: Scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk

Discus and support Scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am looking for best solution for scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk, since backup/recovery will be discontinued in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by plaurits, Feb 20, 2021.

1. plaurits Win User

Scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk

I am looking for best solution for scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk, since backup/recovery will be discontinued in windows10. So MS is proposing a 3. party solution instead.

I have been using easeus for long time, but now I am having critical issues with that SW.

So which SW is recommended to make reliable online image backup of windows system disk to local USB attached disk.
    Meaning that if something goes wrong later on, you can restore SSD from latest backup and boot from SSD.

Details:

I have been using easeus backup for myself and my customers for many years.
    However I have now experienced a number of cases where online backup was OK, but the restored backup fails to boot.
    Easeus are investigating issue, but so far no solution.

This means that I can not rely on this backup method.

Scenario:
    Setup: Dell optiplex 745 with new Samsung EVO 860 SSD. OS: Windows 7 SP1 or windows 10 20h2.

1.Made complete online backup of PC.
    2.After this backup was completed OK, I booted PC from easeus USB flash.
    3.I recovered from the easeus .pbd file to the SSD sector by sector. Restored completed OK in some hours.
    4.Then I removed the USB disk and booted from the SSD, but windows cant repair-

Br
    Peter Lauritzen

:)

plaurits, Feb 20, 2021
  2. plaurits Win User

I am looking for best solution for scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk, since backup/recovery will be discontinued in windows10. So MS is proposing a 3. party solution instead.

I have been using easeus for long time, but now I am having critical issues with that SW.

So which SW is recommended to make reliable online image backup of windows system disk to local USB attached disk.
    Meaning that if something goes wrong later on, you can restore SSD from latest backup and boot from SSD.

Details:

I have been using easeus backup for myself and my customers for many years.
    However I have now experienced a number of cases where online backup was OK, but the restored backup fails to boot.
    Easeus are investigating issue, but so far no solution.

This means that I can not rely on this backup method.

Scenario:
    Setup: Dell optiplex 745 with new Samsung EVO 860 SSD. OS: Windows 7 SP1 or windows 10 20h2.

1. Made complete online backup of PC.
    2. After this backup was completed OK, I booted PC from easeus USB flash.
    3. I recovered from the easeus .pbd file to the SSD sector by sector. Restored completed OK in some hours.
    4. Then I removed the USB disk and booted from the SSD, but windows can’t repair-

Br
    Peter Lauritzen

plaurits, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Feb 20, 2021
  4. OssieMac Win User

Windows 10 Fall Creators - System Image Backup Re-installed onto a New Disk

If using System Image Backup, in the event of a disk failure, can the image be restored to a new disk or does Windows not recognize the new disk and cause a failure to activate or even failure to load?

I will appreciate an answer from someone who has actually done this or maybe a Microsoft person who is in a position of knowledge to provide a definite answer.

I have thought about making an Image and then change the disk and test. However, if it fails, I have this worry that Microsoft might record the attempt to install on a different disk and cancel the activation/registration and then when the original disk
    is re-installed then it will fail also.

For the uninitiated who may view this thread at a later date, System Image Backup is a little hidden and is accessed as follows.

• Type Backup into the search field
    • Select "Backup settings"
    • "Backup" should be the default selection in the left column but if not then select it.
    • Click the link "Go to Backup and Restore (Windows 7)"
    • Select "Create a system image" (towards top left of dialog screen) and follow the prompts.

Alternatively select via "Control Panel."

• Type Control Panel into the search and select Control Panel
    • Under System and Security header select Save backup copies of your files with File History.
    • In the bottom left of the resulting dialog, select System Image Backup.
    • Then in the next dialog select Create a system image (towards top left of dialog screen) and follow the prompts.

OssieMac, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk - Similar Threads - Scheduled local online

2. Can Windows system image backup be used to clone the disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows system image backup be used to clone the disk?: I have this particular problem trying to clone/move my Windows to another, bigger hard drive.The problem is that when trying to restore saved image backup to the new drive there is such message:Interestingly, if I first install new Windows on that drive, then create image and...
  3. Can Windows system image backup be used to clone the disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Windows system image backup be used to clone the disk?: I have this particular problem trying to clone/move my Windows to another, bigger hard drive.The problem is that when trying to restore saved image backup to the new drive there is such message:Interestingly, if I first install new Windows on that drive, then create image and...
  4. Can Windows system image backup be used to clone the disk?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk: I am looking for best solution for scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk, since backup/recovery will be discontinued in windows10. So MS is proposing a 3. party solution instead. I have been using easeus for long time, but now I am having critical...
  6. Best solution for scheduled, local, online backup of windows system disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best solution for scheduled, local, online backup of windows system disk: Hi I amlooking for advice on how to make reliable online backup of windows system diskto local USB attached disk. Meaningthat if something goes wrong later on, you can restore SSD from latest backupand boot from SSD. Details: I havebeen using easeus backup for...
  7. Scheduled backup and system imaging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scheduled backup and system imaging: Can I do backup multiple times with schedule by system imaging without wiping out my data on the target drive everytime I did a backup via system imaging method. I'll be backing up my pc later onusing Macrium reflect, and thought I would do multiple backups in the future....
  8. My system image backup also includes the data disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My system image backup also includes the data disk: I have just made a system image backup and realize that both my static disk c: which contains the system and the large capacity disk which contains the data have been saved. This means that I will restore all my data, if I have an update problem and I will loose everything...
  9. System Image & Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image & Repair Disk: Hello all, When I purchased my computer, a salesman recommended I make a system image in case of computer failure and said I should use a 32 GB external drive. So I took his recommendation and bought one of those USB types. As I pulled up the application to perform this...
  10. System Disk Image/Clone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Disk Image/Clone: There's been some discussion on this in another thread & having previously not been too successful in the past, I'd like to seek some advice. When a disk is cloned it makes an identical copy to another HD; the idea being that if the one in use fails, then the cloned HD can...