Windows 10: Scheduled Restore Points, error code 2147750697

Discus and support Scheduled Restore Points, error code 2147750697 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I have been trying to schedule my computer to create a restore point every month by using task scheduler. I have tried this by trying to add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by TomIStarck, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Scheduled Restore Points, error code 2147750697

Hi,

I have been trying to schedule my computer to create a restore point every month by using task scheduler.

I have tried this by trying to add a trigger to the "SR" event in Task Scheduler Library>Microsoft>Windows>SystemRestore but it shows the following error message:

An error has occurred for task SR. Error message: The following error was reported: 2147750697

Can someone please suggest a resolution to this preferably without use of 3rd party software.

Thanks in advance

:)

TomIStarck, Sep 30, 2015
  2. Tooslow Win User

Scheduling automatic creation of System Restore Points"

OK, talking to myself here, but it might help someone else. I have persevered and come to the conclusion that 0x0 means that a program ran successfully and is not an error code as reported on many web pages. If you doubt this, look in Task Scheduler at the
    programs that run at start up time. They all show 0x0 and they are working.

So why no restore point? I have come to the conclusion that System Restore decides that one is not necessary, probably because one was taken in the last n days. Don't ask me what n is. Maybe a week? To test this theory I deleted
    all restore points and waited for my scheduled Restore Point creation task to run. Voila! A restore point.

Cracked it.

John

Tooslow, Sep 30, 2015
  3. busdrj Win User
    Windows 10 automatic restore points

I can create manual restore points but when I try to create automatic restore points by scheduling "SR" in the task scheduler they show up as completed successfully but do not show up as restore points in the System Restore window. Only the manual restore
    points I created and the system generated restore points it created show up. How do I get a restore point every day?

busdrj, Sep 30, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Scheduled Restore Points, error code 2147750697

You could check option 2 in this tutorial System Restore Point : Create at System Startup - Windows 7 Help Forums

There is a small vbs script you need to download (so you might consider it 3rd party).

Alternatively you could schedule powershell Checkpoint-Computer as described here which will work fine as long as you don't want to make more than one restore point per 24 hours.

lx07, Oct 1, 2015
Thema:

Scheduled Restore Points, error code 2147750697

1. Scheduled Restore Points, error code 2147750697 - Similar Threads - Scheduled Restore Points

2. System Restore Points Schedule

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Points Schedule: Hi!I recently posted a question regarding a BSOD that surprisngly I can't get out of...What I found amusing after failing to restore the computer since I don't have restore points, I had a burst of questions and doubts regarding system Restore Points:What is the default...
  3. Scheduled Restore Points Not Appearing

Scheduled Restore Points Not Appearing: I found this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scheduled-restore-points-not-appearing/c30c9f73-e074-43bf-b3ae-01995719ec49 but it´s locked. I have the same issue, but instead of following the tips, I'd like to tell you that I followed, I guess...
  4. Creating a scheduled task for restore points

Creating a scheduled task for restore points: I've read and watched videos on how to create a monthly or three monthly Restore Point but cannot get past the following "you must enter a task name and at least one action" ... the videos that I've watched do not mention this. Can anyone point out to me how to do this?...
  5. Unable to Create Restore Point on Schedule

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Create Restore Point on Schedule: How do I create a "Create Restore Point on Schedule" when I don't have a password? I used to have a schedule that worked until I upgraded to 2004. Thanks for any help! 159252
  6. Scheduled Restore Points Not Appearing

Scheduled Restore Points Not Appearing: Hi. I'm using Task Scheduler to create daily restore points on Windows 10. The scheduler reports that the tasks runs and returns a 0x0 code. But the restore point it presumably created does not show up in the list of available restore points. Any thoughts about why this...
  7. Creating restore points on a schedule?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Creating restore points on a schedule?: Is there a way to get Win 10 to create system restore points on a schedule (e.g. once a day)? 117236
  8. Scheduling a Daily Restore Point

Scheduling a Daily Restore Point: Shawn Brink posted this excellent tutorial a while back: Automatically Create System Restore Point on Schedule in Windows 10 But with the recent Win 10 Spring update it no longer seems to work. If there is a way to fix this that would be great! 109368
  9. Scheduled Instant Restore Point - No Restore Point Created

Scheduled Instant Restore Point - No Restore Point Created: I followed the instruction to manually create a Manual Restore Point and that works fine. Then I decided to set up the task in the Task Scheduler to automatically create a restore point once daily. For some reason the task is started as it should but it never completes and I...
  10. Task Scheduler fails to schedule Restore Point Creation

Task Scheduler fails to schedule Restore Point Creation: I have set up the following in Task Scheduler:- [img] However it does not work! Any ideas anyone? PS: How can I enable history? 31873