Windows 10: Scheduled scan time not working

Discus and support Scheduled scan time not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Anyone can help with the problem? Or know this problem?- the Defender on our clients is managed via Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Baseline MDM-... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Quallensaft, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Scheduled scan time not working

Anyone can help with the problem? Or know this problem?- the Defender on our clients is managed via Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Baseline MDM- Baseline is working with all settings on the clients, no errors on client or with rolling out the BaselineProblem is the scheduled scan time set to 1PM is not working.All clients are doing daily quick scans, but the most client 3PM - 4PM, some 1PM-2PM...Seems complete random and definitely not working as planned in the policy.

:)

Quallensaft, Aug 5, 2022
  2. WFSJR Win User

scheduled computer scan

It is not listed in the Task Scheduler library and never has been. It has always worked without being in that location on two (2) other pcs.

I schedule a scan to run daily, weekly, monthly whatever to run at a certain hour. Not my first rodeo

If I schedule a scan to run daily, it will run the first day and never again.

It won't run again because I scheduled the scan to run daily at 12pm. It ran yesterday the 18th but not today the 19th. Experience tells me since the problem started on 11/03/18 that it will not run tomorrow. That's three times to tech support and about
    15 times of scheduling.

Last test result from 01/18/19 at 12[m was completed.

Like I said in my original question, I have used this application for six years on different machines. I know what I'm doing.

My question remains is there a setting on W7 SP1 that is hindering the execution of a scheduled scan

WFSJR, Aug 5, 2022
  3. WFSJR Win User
    scheduled computer scan

The scan is independent of the Task Scheduler or it would be listed either in the library or as a process run.

The techs have looked at the log and nothing "sticks out"

Even at the level of a single end user, they want the scan to work more than I do

WFSJR, Aug 5, 2022
  4. Scheduled scan time not working

What is the meaning of "idle" with scheduled scans?

Whoops! In trying to edit the scheduled scans times in Task Scheduler, I accidentally deleted the Windows Defender Scheduled Scan from the list of tasks in the broad column shown above. Can I/do I need to reinstate it, please? (Case of a fool rushing
    in etc. ....).

Otherwise, thanks again for the helpful advice.

AndrewBanks#keyboard, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

Scheduled scan time not working

1. Scheduled scan time not working - Similar Threads - Scheduled scan working

2. My window defender scheduled scan is not working with error0x2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My window defender scheduled scan is not working with error0x2: Hey Guys I m having a little problem with my window defender scheduled plan .. it show error code of 0x2 whenever I scan ...the other 3 tasks run successfully.. even If I renew the scheduled scan the problem insists .. How can I solve this sirs pls enlightened me...
  3. My window defender scheduled scan is not working with error0x2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My window defender scheduled scan is not working with error0x2: Hey Guys I m having a little problem with my window defender scheduled plan .. it show error code of 0x2 whenever I scan ...the other 3 tasks run successfully.. even If I renew the scheduled scan the problem insists .. How can I solve this sirs pls enlightened me...
  4. My window defender scheduled scan is not working with error0x2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Scheduled Scan

Scheduled Scan: I want to schedule a weekly scan. But, in Task Scheduler, the choice of scheduling a scan is not present. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scheduled-scan/8e1ee21d-0d90-43a0-b464-66635ed32fea
  6. Schedule Defender Scans

Schedule Defender Scans: No issue running at demand quick scans via Settings >Windows security>virus and threats >select quick scan . OK. Went to Task scheduler > windows defender to sequence a daily scheduled scan as per Brinks Tutorial and found this . [img] Proceeded to insert new scheduled...
  7. Schedule Windows Defender Scan

Schedule Windows Defender Scan: Can I schedule a virus scan to run at regular times? [Original Title: Windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/schedule-windows-defender-scan/eab2c9ea-4138-4a76-80d1-e0afa89c8f10
  8. Defender Scheduled Scans & Definition Updates Not Working Correctly?

Defender Scheduled Scans & Definition Updates Not Working Correctly?: Hi, I am really baffled by the following situation. On Windows 10 Pro 1803 I set up tasks for scheduled scans and definition updates as follows: 1. Using Group Policy Editor I set up definition updates to run every 3 hours starting at 6am in the morning. The updates occur...
  9. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan: How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I...
  10. "Restart Options - Schedule a Time..." is not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Restart Options - Schedule a Time..." is not working: Hi, on version 1703 the "Restart Options - Schedule a Time..." is not working. When I set a time to restart in the future there is only a "update and shutdown" option in the start menu so I can't shutdown the machine without updating... Any suggestions? 86806