Windows 10: Scheduled Scan

Discus and support Scheduled Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to schedule a weekly scan. But, in Task Scheduler, the choice of scheduling a scan is not present. What do i do?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AranyaPaul, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Scheduled Scan

I want to schedule a weekly scan. But, in Task Scheduler, the choice of scheduling a scan is not present. What do i do?

:)

AranyaPaul, Jun 9, 2021

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 9, 2021
  3. WFSJR Win User
    scheduled computer scan

The scan is independent of the Task Scheduler or it would be listed either in the library or as a process run.

The techs have looked at the log and nothing "sticks out"

Even at the level of a single end user, they want the scan to work more than I do

WFSJR, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Scheduled Scan

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

anhnguyen19G&H, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Scheduled Scan

1. Scheduled Scan - Similar Threads - Scheduled Scan

2. Scheduled scan time not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scheduled scan time not working: Anyone can help with the problem? Or know this problem?- the Defender on our clients is managed via Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Baseline MDM- Baseline is working with all settings on the clients, no errors on client or with rolling out the BaselineProblem is the scheduled...
  3. Why Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Located in Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows revert to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Located in Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows revert to...: On Win 2019 and Win 2022, after setup the Task Scheduler: "Windows Defender Scheduled Scan" as convenient for me, after run to be sure it works,, after waiting for completion, after finish successful, even reboot computer to be sure the settings remain there ..... AFTER 2-3...
  4. Why Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Located in Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows revert to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Located in Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows revert to...: On Win 2019 and Win 2022, after setup the Task Scheduler: "Windows Defender Scheduled Scan" as convenient for me, after run to be sure it works,, after waiting for completion, after finish successful, even reboot computer to be sure the settings remain there ..... AFTER 2-3...
  5. SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER: I am attempting to set up a scheduled daily scan in Windows Defender using Task Scheduler. I am following steps outlined as follows:Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. At this point, there is no option or listing of "windows defender scheduled...
  6. SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER: I am attempting to set up a scheduled daily scan in Windows Defender using Task Scheduler. I am following steps outlined as follows:Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. At this point, there is no option or listing of "windows defender scheduled...
  7. SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 Defender Scheduling grayed out , can't change scan time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Defender Scheduling grayed out , can't change scan time: I have been searching , and can't find a actual solution that works .... I want to change when Windows Defender actually scans , as it basically does it when it wants to , usually in the middle of the day when I am on the PC , so its annoying , so I want to schedule it to...
  9. Windows 11 Windows Defender scheduled scan returns 0x2 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Windows Defender scheduled scan returns 0x2 error: When the Windows Defender scheduled scan runs from Task Scheduler it does not complete and returns error code 0x2. This happens even if I run it manually from scheduler. This happens on all three of my Windows 11 machines and so is not machine specific. I am currently up to...
  10. Windows 11 Windows Defender scheduled scan returns 0x2 error

Windows 11 Windows Defender scheduled scan returns 0x2 error: When the Windows Defender scheduled scan runs from Task Scheduler it does not complete and returns error code 0x2. This happens even if I run it manually from scheduler. This happens on all three of my Windows 11 machines and so is not machine specific. I am currently up to...