Windows 10: Scheduled Scan

Discus and support Scheduled Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to schedule a weekly scan. But, in Task Scheduler, the choice of scheduling a scan is not present. What do i do?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AranyaPaul, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Scheduled Scan

I want to schedule a weekly scan. But, in Task Scheduler, the choice of scheduling a scan is not present. What do i do?

:)

AranyaPaul, Jun 9, 2021

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 9, 2021
  3. WFSJR Win User
    scheduled computer scan

The scan is independent of the Task Scheduler or it would be listed either in the library or as a process run.

The techs have looked at the log and nothing "sticks out"

Even at the level of a single end user, they want the scan to work more than I do

WFSJR, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Scheduled Scan

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

anhnguyen19G&H, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Scheduled Scan

1. Scheduled Scan - Similar Threads - Scheduled Scan

2. Schedule Scan Cannot be modified or disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Schedule Scan Cannot be modified or disabled: I have schedule scan everyday that crashes my latop. When i try to disable the message show: "The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task. "And if i click properties and disable then apply, it requires me to enter the password for...
  3. Schedule Scan Cannot be modified or disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Schedule Scan Cannot be modified or disabled: I have schedule scan everyday that crashes my latop. When i try to disable the message show: "The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task. "And if i click properties and disable then apply, it requires me to enter the password for...
  4. How to schedule Windows Defender offline scan and get logs?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to schedule Windows Defender offline scan and get logs?: We want to schedule Windows Defender Offline scan It seems that can not be done from the GUI - only full and partial online scans seem to be schedulable from the GUI. How can we schedule the off-line scan and how would we get a log of the results it found?...
  5. How to schedule Windows Defender offline scan and get logs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to schedule Windows Defender offline scan and get logs?: We want to schedule Windows Defender Offline scan It seems that can not be done from the GUI - only full and partial online scans seem to be schedulable from the GUI. How can we schedule the off-line scan and how would we get a log of the results it found?...
  6. How to schedule Windows Defender offline scan and get logs?

7. Can I schedule a virus scan on Defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I schedule a virus scan on Defender?: Can I schedule a virus scan through Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-schedule-a-virus-scan-on-defender/4565ea64-c4be-4ef0-905e-7ee0219ae6d8
  8. Can I schedule a virus scan on Defender?

Can I schedule a virus scan on Defender?: Can I schedule a virus scan through Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-schedule-a-virus-scan-on-defender/4565ea64-c4be-4ef0-905e-7ee0219ae6d8
  9. Can I schedule a virus scan on Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Windows Defender Taskplaner Job "Windows Defender Scheduled Scan" Error 0x80508018

Windows Defender Taskplaner Job "Windows Defender Scheduled Scan" Error 0x80508018: Hello, I searched the complete Internet ;- , but I found no good answer: Why does the task ""C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2211.5-0\MpCmdRun.exe" Scan -ScheduleJob -ScanTrigger 55 always reports the error 0x80508018. The main problem is the...