Windows 10: Scheduled task created with Schtasks.exe using an XML file does not run on boot

Discus and support Scheduled task created with Schtasks.exe using an XML file does not run on boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I asked this question on StackOverflow, I am posting it here as well since the audience is more dedicated to Windows 10. Reading the rules of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eyetea-nop33, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Scheduled task created with Schtasks.exe using an XML file does not run on boot

/u/eyetea-nop33, Jul 29, 2020

2. Create a Scheduled Task on the fly with User logged in or not set

Instead of creating the .xml code yourself you might want to use the Task Schedule Creator, schtasks.exe /create. It lets you set all the parameters you mention.

Frederik Long, Jul 29, 2020
  3. jgunning Win User
    Task Scheduler Batch file

Hi all,

Looking for some help.Im creating a batch file to run for different users to add a scheduled task. HOWEVER - the whole thing works great and has done for some time.But after i run the batch file on each machine (different users) i have to go into the security options and change the user the task runs in to the unique user of that machine. Is there a way to use the batch file to pull the account name of the machine (or computer name) and use that as the user the task runs in?

Thanks =)

jgunning, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Scheduled task created with Schtasks.exe using an XML file does not run on boot

Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Scheduled task created with Schtasks.exe using an XML file does not run on boot

1. Scheduled task created with Schtasks.exe using an XML file does not run on boot - Similar Threads - Scheduled task created

2. How to run an EXE within Task Scheduler on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run an EXE within Task Scheduler on Windows 10?: I have an Application, an EXE, that would close a single window of File Explorer every time it runs, however, setting Task Scheduler to run it, it does not run, It remains within "Running" indefinitely without actually running the exe.A solution is to set the task to "Run...
  3. How to run an EXE within Task Scheduler on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to run an EXE within Task Scheduler on Windows 10?: I have an Application, an EXE, that would close a single window of File Explorer every time it runs, however, setting Task Scheduler to run it, it does not run, It remains within "Running" indefinitely without actually running the exe.A solution is to set the task to "Run...
  4. How to run an EXE within Task Scheduler on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task scheduler - add a task with .exe and input files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task scheduler - add a task with .exe and input files: Need help - when I ran .exe manualy with input files , the .exe create reports . When I add the .exe in the task scheduler , looks like is not finding the input files . How to fix this ? Where have to place the input files...
  6. Unable to run Task using Task Scheduler

Unable to run Task using Task Scheduler: Task scheduler using local non-admin account to run shutdown /s not working. Asks for password then gives error that account does not have privileges'. I change the user running the account to admin, run whether logged off or not, not storing password, same error after...
  7. Task Scheduler wont run “.exe” file on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler wont run “.exe” file on startup: So, I have the AutoHotKey script, to permanently lock the NumLock key. I converted it to an .exe file because I thought that would solve the Task Scheduler problem. The thing is, its not working! I checked Task Manager, and it actually shows up there, after restart, but its...
  8. Using Task Scheduler to run a task on AC unplug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Task Scheduler to run a task on AC unplug: Hi all, I'm looking to improve the battery life on my laptop. It's usually docked and plugged in so I leave most of my programs running. However, I want to create a task that in the event of an AC unplug, terminates all non essential background processes (dictated by me). I...
  9. Create task in task scheduler

Create task in task scheduler: Dear all, I need your assistant to run the following two tasks: - Shutdown the PC - Reboot the PC Is there a difference if the PC joined to the domain or not? Thank you in advacne...
  10. Server 2019 running Data Collector Sets via schtasks/Scheduled Tasks (Issue & Tempfix)

Server 2019 running Data Collector Sets via schtasks/Scheduled Tasks (Issue & Tempfix): Has anyone else encountered issues activating a performance monitor data collector set on Server 2019 using either the command line schtasks or the gui Scheduled Tasks? Specifically with the symptom: it appears to start without issue on the scheduled task side, but nothing...