Windows 10: Scheduled task for shutdown only working randomly

Discus and support Scheduled task for shutdown only working randomly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've used a scheduled task to shut down shutdown.bat my computer at a specific time every night. I've never had a problem until recently. Now, every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dmd0705, Jan 26, 2021.

1. dmd0705 Win User

Scheduled task for shutdown only working randomly

I've used a scheduled task to shut down shutdown.bat my computer at a specific time every night. I've never had a problem until recently. Now, every few nights the task just doesn't run and the next day my computer is still on. How can I solve this problem so it works every night as it has always done?

:)

dmd0705, Jan 26, 2021

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Schedule a shutdown task in Windows 10

Hi Bill,

To set up shutdown schedule using a Task Scheduler you may follow the below steps and check if it helps:

1. Start
    Task Scheduler. You can start it by going to the Start Menu typing
    Schedule in the Search bar and choosing
    Schedule tasks.

2. When Task Scheduler opens click the
    Create Basic Task.

3. Enter the
    Name for your Task, for example
    Shutdown.

4. Now choose
    When do you want the task to start
    . In our case we’ll choose One time.

5. Now enter the
    Time and date when the task will be executed.

6. Next choose
    Start a program.

7. Click the
    Browse button and go to C:\Windows\System32 and select a file called
    Shutdown. Then click Open.

8. Now just in
    Add arguments field add -s, and then click
    Next.

9. Now you should see the task information. You can check it one last time, and if you’re pleased with your settings click
    Finish to schedule a shutdown.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Scheduled task for shutdown only working randomly

Schedule a shutdown task in Windows 10

URGENT!!

hi, i got annoying issue, i created shutdown task when internet goes off, but whenever i start my pc it get shutdown on startup, im unable to do anything, how can i delete that task in safemode.

Mandeep148, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Scheduled task for shutdown only working randomly

1. Scheduled task for shutdown only working randomly - Similar Threads - Scheduled task shutdown

2. Task scheduler is not running randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler is not running randomly: Hi, I had set up jobs in Task Scheduler in my computer but part of them are not running up as scheduled time. What's the reason to lead this issue? What if I had set up too many jobs in Task Scheulder? Is Window version too old be the reason?...
  3. Task scheduler is not running randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler is not running randomly: Hi, I had set up jobs in Task Scheduler in my computer but part of them are not running up as scheduled time. What's the reason to lead this issue? What if I had set up too many jobs in Task Scheulder? Is Window version too old be the reason?...
  4. Task scheduler is not running randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. scheduled shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scheduled shutdown: Hi,How can I make a scheduled shutdown on startup that terminates the task if the computer is used?- I have scheduled a startup on BIOS every day at 8.00.- I created a task in Task Scheduler to run shutdown.exe on startup if the computer is not used for 15 minutes works so...
  6. Task Scheduler not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler not Working: Hi My problem is that when I attempt to run a task such as the W7 backup or one of my own scripts via Task Scheduler, it doesn't work. I have an external hard drive attached for the backup location. I close my laptop lid and verify that both the laptop and XHD are asleep. I...
  7. Scheduled Task Not Running, Triggered Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scheduled Task Not Running, Triggered Randomly: I have a task set up to run one time on a scheduled time. Sleep settings set to never. I can put it for example 1 hour away from now and leave my computer idle. The task does not run then my computer discharges. When i turn on computer normally, task is then triggered even...
  8. Task Scheduler works only when Plugged-In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler works only when Plugged-In: I've set up two tasks on Windows Task Scheduler, one is triggered when the device is locked and the other is triggered when the device is unlocked. But this works only when I connect my Laptop to a charger, otherwise, it doesn't work at all. I have both the tasks running on...
  9. Task Scheduler not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Scheduler not working: Hi, I've set up a scheduled task to transfer files using WinSCP using a batch file .bat. The task works as intended when I run the task manually by clicking the run option inside Task Scheduler. When I allow the task to run automatically using the daily trigger, the error...
  10. Task Scheduler not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Scheduler not working: Hi everyone, I'm having issues with the Task Scheduler since a time ago. A message saying "The remote computer was not found" when I try to open it. I've searched for this problem and tried to run the command line "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" but it...